new Meigs Coach

Umpire2829

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, but i dont think it will come within the current staff. Meigs has a good young staff but not ready for a head coaching position. I think they need to go outside and get a young but experienced coach, to me a coach needs to be a coordinator before he is an head coach, because of the organization that it requires as a coordinator helps prepare them for a HC Position. This is tough decision for Baker. Here are some names in our area to consider-Matt Hampton-Rhea (was an asst. at Meigs before-but unsure if he is ready or even interested) Jason Howard-Mcminn(Meigs grad, but is head baseball coach at Mcminn-a big long shot) Brad Bennett-Bradley(DC at Mcminn 3-4yrs ago when def was great, everybody says he is one of the best def coaches in area-is he interested?) or does Baker come back? very unlikely

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think a Principal can coach a sport.......perhaps not even as an assistant. Perhaps the TSSAA website states the regulations on this.

A solid rumor has it that Meigs is interviewing someone from out of state who has been VERY successful at where he coaches. He expressed a desire to them should the position ever become available while vacationing at Watts Bar with his family last summer . He and his wife have vacationed there several times. They love the area and want to move there.

By the way, within a couple of years, don't be surprised to see a large expansion at the high school, including a new gymnasium. The football field will get a makeover with new bleachers, lighting, concessions, etc. Big things are about to happen at Meigs.....count on it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think a Principal can coach a sport.......perhaps not even as an assistant. Perhaps the TSSAA website states the regulations on this.

A solid rumor has it that Meigs is interviewing someone from out of state who has been VERY successful at where he coaches. He expressed a desire to them should the position ever become available while vacationing at Watts Bar with his family last summer . He and his wife have vacationed there several times. They love the area and want to move there.

By the way, within a couple of years, don't be surprised to see a large expansion at the high school, including a new gymnasium. The football field will get a makeover with new bleachers, lighting, concessions, etc. Big things are about to happen at Meigs.....count on it.

I'm almost positive the rule about Principals not coaching is only local rule depending on your school district. I don't think the TSSAA cares one way or the other.

DL.

John Who? Where is he coaching at now?

I think he coached the three finger swipe for the last several years.

How many students does Meigs County have ? I looked on the TSSAA website. It says they have around 550 or so. Shouldn't they play in AA instead of AAA. Just wondering.

We have around 540 and chose to move to AAA but rumor has will be moving back to AA in 09

Have they started the interviews yet?

I hear a couple of guys from Georgia & N.Carolina have applied, a former head Coach who is retired has also applied and had an interview (dont think that is a good idea). Nick White-former head coach at Lenior City and now an asst. at Maryville has had an interview. Holliday, a current asst. has had an interview. This is what i hear from my source

I hear a couple of guys from Georgia & N.Carolina have applied, a former head Coach who is retired has also applied and had an interview (dont think that is a good idea). Nick White-former head coach at Lenior City and now an asst. at Maryville has had an interview. Holliday, a current asst. has had an interview. This is what i hear from my source

Don't think anyone on the current statt will get it from what I hear. Just dont think they are ready. Some pretty good resumes have been submitted and I think someone from the outside will get the job. I have been a meigs county supporter for a long time and i think this is a crucial time in their program to select the right person and not just hire someone to make certain people happy.

I have heard that the oliversprings head coach has applied. Any truth to that? I know he is a young coach and lives close to Meigs. I looked at their district and he plays Alcoa Loudon CAK Sweetwater Rockwood Wartburg McMinn Central and Kingston. They seem to have struggled but he was hired on late in July a year ago and the program looks to be turning around.

• 2 weeks later...