IMAC 2008

mwtfan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, after a weekend of sulking, Statman has a new outlook on things.

Another tough 1 run conference loss for the lady chiefs Friday afternoon to a hard hitting Morristown West team. Now, with two conference losses, the regular season hopes of the lady chiefs will require a strong second half. Take a week off from conference action this week with a big tournament coming up at Unicoi this weekend. Maybe the break from conference play will be good for working out some kinks and getting them ready to win a close game or two the second time around.

I agree Mwtfan, IMAC showed well at Anderson Co. Sounds like the field wasn't that strong, or is IMAC that much stronger this year?

How is your pitcher, Mwtfan?

OK, after a weekend of sulking, Statman has a new outlook on things.

Another tough 1 run conference loss for the lady chiefs Friday afternoon to a hard hitting Morristown West team. Now, with two conference losses, the regular season hopes of the lady chiefs will require a strong second half. Take a week off from conference action this week with a big tournament coming up at Unicoi this weekend. Maybe the break from conference play will be good for working out some kinks and getting them ready to win a close game or two the second time around.

I agree Mwtfan, IMAC showed well at Anderson Co. Sounds like the field wasn't that strong, or is IMAC that much stronger this year?

How is your pitcher, Mwtfan?

Nothing broken. I think she's fine. Last report I heard, finger is healing nicely. Should be ready to go by game time I believe (don't play until Thursday). Could be a blessing in disguise - Watson got to cut some teeth in a situation where it really mattered & came through very well.

May not have been the most impressive field at Anderson County, but I do know that East put up some pretty gaudy offensive numbers. Those were pretty impressive I don't care who they were playing. Has to build their confidence either way.

Check out the tricitiessports.com northeast tn softball rankings.

I can agree with Unicoi, but beyond that, there seems to be some district 1 bias going on.

http://www.tricitiessports.com/default.asp...rts&he=.com

Rutledge at undefeated and outscoring opponents 80 to 1 would have to make it in there somewhere.

I'm not sure but I don't think they include Rutledge in their rankings. I beleive they only rank D 1AAA, D 2AAA, D 1AA, and D 1A.

Also IMAC fairs well. 4 out of top 10 and 2 out of top 4. Not bad for a six team conference. Congrats to Morristown East and West for a good start

I'm not sure but I don't think they include Rutledge in their rankings. I beleive they only rank D 1AAA, D 2AAA, D 1AA, and D 1A.

Also IMAC fairs well. 4 out of top 10 and 2 out of top 4. Not bad for a six team conference. Congrats to Morristown East and West for a good start

Pending seeing the results from Science hill and Jeff County tonight, I would say it would be more like 4 out of top 5. Unless Rutledge were included, then 4 out of top 6.

Big news - Caple has been ruled ineligible due to insufficient Tennessee credits. It seems that the High School equivalency in on the Peterson schedule in Florida, thus making her 2 credits shy of elgibility.

TSSAA has ruled today, that West must indeed forfeit all contest held prior to today. Morristown West has two days to protest the ruling, but under rule 6.4.b, it is very clear.

Unfortunate break for Trojan fans and certainly turns the IMAC on it's head.

Fill us in mwtfan -- you are holding out.

Another crazy for today, it is rumored that Jefferson freshman Leon walked off the field after their last game stating that she wanted to spend more time with her new boyfriend and "it just isn't worth all the time".

Unbelievable.

ilovemotownwest - what do you mean lame. If nothing else, I highly entertain myself.

IMAC game of the day

Jefferson at Cocke County

The Lady Red of Cocke County try to dry out from rain-fest weekend of softball. After a great showing, they proved that not only are they improved in softball - they are a great group of line dancers (so well in fact that they brought rain for most of the weekend). But they still aint the Lady Chiefs, so no rain today and will have to play their best against an up and down Jefferson team. But this aint popcorn Lady Pats, so strap in on for a good one in the land of chicken.