McNairy At Harpeth

LetMeHearYA

Just out of curiosity...What's you opinion of the McNairy point guard ( the coaches son). I don't think he's that good.

I think he is better than the coach... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They were down by 9 at one point (can't remember which overtime) and with about a minute left he scored 6 points in about 6 seconds. He got them back in the game, he would play on my team any day.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game by the boys and finding a way to get the win. Looking forward to hooking up with Bolivar. From other posts, the Waverly fans didn't come away that impressed with Bolivar so maybe the Indians can make up for last year's game in which we should have won. Good luck and play hard boys.

Break the press, put a hand in their face and hit your threes like you normally do and you will have a good shot at beating Bolivar in my opinion.

Yeah. I didn't see anything in the point guard that would lead me to believe that he couldn't handle the role. He ran their offense pretty well and hit a contested 3 to keep them in the game during one of the OT's. I thought the key to that game was defending the backdoor, which Harpeth did pretty well. There were enough layups missed by both teams to drive any coach crazy.

Yeah. I didn't see anything in the point guard that would lead me to believe that he couldn't handle the role. He ran their offense pretty well and hit a contested 3 to keep them in the game during one of the OT's. I thought the key to that game was defending the backdoor, which Harpeth did pretty well. There were enough layups missed by both teams to drive any coach crazy.

They are both good teams and all the players and coaches did well ours is just opinions they had the hard work to do..we just sit back and give opinions that's easy but it wouldn't win the game either.

All the players are good or it wouldn't have gone into double overtime just praise the teams for your having a good game to watch. Words hurt and they are easy to come by.

Break the press, put a hand in their face and hit your threes like you normally do and you will have a good shot at beating Bolivar in my opinion.

What I can not figure out for the life of me is why Mcnairy does not foul and prevent the three that tied it. Foul somebody and send them to the line shooting two, you are up three, with less than two seconds to go.

What I can not figure out for the life of me is why Mcnairy does not foul and prevent the three that tied it. Foul somebody and send them to the line shooting two, you are up three, with less than two seconds to go.

That's why your not coach you couldn't figure it out either! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There wasn't anybody close enough to him to foul him. The shooter came across two screens and there was a second option that had to be defended as well on the end bounds play. On the length of the court pass I suppose someone could have fouled, but why would you. That was low percentage play that worked out. The in bounds play had a much better shot at being executed imo.

That's why your not coach you couldn't figure it out either! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bruce Pearl did! Hey ksgovols, what happened to someone on Harpeth this weekend. Someone posted on the girls site that Harpeth boys recieved a big blow. Do you know?

I think he is better than the coach... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They were down by 9 at one point (can't remember which overtime) and with about a minute left he scored 6 points in about 6 seconds. He got them back in the game, he would play on my team any day.

Thanks for your reply....Maybe it's just me. I have seen him on more thatn one accasion sull up everytime a call went against him. Talking to the refs... things like that. He's OK I guess. He must have had a really good game becuase I have seen him many times. Anyway I wish him the est ..he is only a teenager.

There wasn't anybody close enough to him to foul him. The shooter came across two screens and there was a second option that had to be defended as well on the end bounds play. On the length of the court pass I suppose someone could have fouled, but why would you. That was low percentage play that worked out. The in bounds play had a much better shot at being executed imo.

You don't have to foul the potential shooter. A hold on any player before the ball has even been inbounded will work, you just gotta make sure the refs see it.

Were they coming off a timeout?