Region 5AA/District 9AA

bbballfan

What happened to this post discussion? Well this is what I had to add to the discussion......

I have no doubt that CPA works extremely hard, otherwise they would not be where they are at this point in the "game". But everyone else that is still in this "race to state" has also worked extremely hard.

I think what drives most of us crazy is CPA's attitude. Yes you have a great basketball team with some very gifted athletes. I don't think anyone is denying that. The problem is your coach and your players act like they are already the state champs. Your administration has let your cheerleaders wear black shirts that have 3-15-08 since the beginning of the season. I was there when CPA won the district, and I saw a coach and his players acting like they had just won the state championship. Obviously you guys are winners, just learn to act like winners. You can still respect the other team, after all they made it to the same game. It was very disrespectful how you acted towards the FRA's coach's award. As a side note I am not going to make any negative comments about your players, but I will make a positive one. I have seen a few CPA games this season, and I do have to say Hunter Miller, from my observations, plays with class. He plays the game, he plays his game, and he plays without emotion. Maybe the rest of his team should take notice, you can be a great player without the attitude.

Maybe I have that observation wrong, like I said I have only seen CPA play about six times this year. Anyway, Good Luck to the 9AA teams!! And if CPA does win state I will be one of the first to congratulate you on CoachT. Because if you win, you deserved it. But don't forget to shake hands with your opponent before your celebration begins, after all they made it to the same game you did!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to this post discussion? Well this is what I had to add to the discussion......

I have no doubt that CPA works extremely hard, otherwise they would not be where they are at this point in the "game". But everyone else that is still in this "race to state" has also worked extremely hard.

I think what drives most of us crazy is CPA's attitude. Yes you have a great basketball team with some very gifted athletes. I don't think anyone is denying that. The problem is your coach and your players act like they are already the state champs. Your administration has let your cheerleaders where black shirts that have 3-15-08 since the beginning of the season. I was there when CPA won the district, and I saw a coach and his players acting like they had just won the state championship. Obviously you guys are winners, just learn to act like winners. You can still respect the other team, after all they made it to the same game. It was very disrespectful how you acted towards the FRA's coach's award. As a side note I am not going to make any negative comments about your players, but I will make a positive one. I have seen a few CPA games this season, and I do have to say Hunter Miller, from my observations, plays with class. He plays the game, he plays his game, and he plays without emotion. Maybe the rest of his team should take notice, you can be a great player without the attitude.

Maybe I have that observation wrong, like I said I have only seen CPA play about six times this year. Anyway, Good Luck to the 9AA teams!! And if CPA does win state I will be one of the first to congratulate you on CoachT. Because if you win, you deserved it. But don't forget to shake hands with your opponent before your celebration begins, after all they made it to the same game you did!

Well said.

First, I don't have a horse in this race, but I am going to share my opinion.

I think athletes need to play with emotion on the court or any playing field. If you don't play with emotion why do you play? Now playing with emotion doesn't entail acting like a fool out there, but when a big play occurs, there is nothing wrong with getting excited. I know when I played I thrived off emotion. Being even tempered can be a bad thing at times when playing in athletics. Biut let me reiterate you can play with emotion and class at the same time. Its not one or the other.

There is nothing wrong with anyone celebrating after they won any type of championship. What great teams do is they enjoy the moment of winning the championship, then the next day they begin to focus on their next goal. I have a hunch that CPA probably did the same thing. They are teenagers let them enjoy themselves.

The 3-15-08 shirts are a goal that the school has set out for. Its not saying they are the champions, it is saying that is our goal for the entire season and we want to be playing on that day.

Then the shaking hands comment is off base. In every level of sports when a team wins a championship they celebrate first, and then shake hands with their opponents. It is never the other way away around.

I agree with most of that Gerry. I'm sure Hunter Miller is as emotional as the next guy but he controls it very well and this expression rarely changes. That being said, he's focused and intense while he's out there. He's a heck of a player.

I don't have a problem with CPA showing alot of emotion. They are in uncharted waters as far as their basketball program is concerned. They should be proud. I thought they were over rated earlier in the season until I saw them play a few times. They are very talented and well coached. I think the AA polls have been 'off' all season. CPA is a final 4 team in my opinion.

My unsolicited thoughts as a long time CPA supporter who no longer has dog in the hunt -

1. Most teams do work hard. CPA's boys don't have corner on that market.

2. CPA fans - Act like you have been there before. Just chill. Easy for me to say. I don't have a dog in the hunt.

3. Non-CPA supporters - Quit fixating on what CPA's team, fans and cheerleaders are doing and take care of your only business. Again, easy for me to say. I don't have a dog in the hunt.

4. Post season tournaments bring out the craziness in people.

JMHO /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I agree with most of that Gerry. I'm sure Hunter Miller is as emotional as the next guy but he controls it very well and this expression rarely changes. That being said, he's focused and intense while he's out there. He's a heck of a player.

I don't have a problem with CPA showing alot of emotion. They are in uncharted waters as far as their basketball program is concerned. They should be proud. I thought they were over rated earlier in the season until I saw them play a few times. They are very talented and well coached. I think the AA polls have been 'off' all season. CPA is a final 4 team in my opinion.

Uncharted territory? Cpa has been to the semifinals - think - of state before

They are in uncharted waters as far as their basketball program is concerned. CPA is a final 4 team in my opinion.

Actually CPA has been in this situation 3 other times in fairly recent school history, two ended in region championships. A lot of great kids, a lot of great memories. I always felt it was done with character and class, but maybe I can't be objective. You want to talk about single A? The first region championship game was against Ezell-Harding. Anyone remember the talent on that team? Terrell (Vanderbilt basketball), Davis (Vanderbilt football) Owens (MTSU football) and another good, athletic swing player whose name escapes me at the present.

• 2 weeks later...

Two things:

1. What did the CPA people do when the FRA coach won this award?

2. I completely disagree about Hunter Miller being a good sport. He is a complete on the floor. I know, I played against him twice a year for two years. He gives a cheap shot whenever he can and always has to say something to you if he scores. If there was one person I ever played who I would want to just punch in the face, it was Miller. I am aware he is a good player, but the man does not know how to be a good sport.

Two things:

1. What did the CPA people do when the FRA coach won this award?

2. I completely disagree about Hunter Miller being a good sport. He is a complete on the floor. I know, I played against him twice a year for two years. He gives a cheap shot whenever he can and always has to say something to you if he scores. If there was one person I ever played who I would want to just punch in the face, it was Miller. I am aware he is a good player, but the man does not know how to be a good sport.

And your post certainly exhibits what a great sport and classy person you are, using profanity online and threatening violence. Quit embarrassing yourself and think before you post junk like this. My guess is his game made you look like a chump, so you are jealous.