McMinn Central Chargerettes vs. York

logcabinman

I have said it in many post that these two regions are two of the toughest in the state.

MC beating Seq. by 13 was very impressive, and to hear the comments from Seq. coach she is a very classy coach.

It is going to be an exciting game, and I want to congradulate Coach Morgan and staff for another great run.

Has anyone seen York play this year?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said it in many post that these two regions are two of the toughest in the state.

MC beating Seq. by 13 was very impressive, and to hear the comments from Seq. coach she is a very classy coach.

It is going to be an exciting game, and I want to congradulate Coach Morgan and staff for another great run.

Don't let the score fool you, the game was closer than that but once again, the deeeeep Central bench was awsome. And yes the Seq. coach seems to be very classy and a very good coach. Hope to see them match up again in 4 games. As for the all tourn. team some ONE picked....... well let's just say it appears it does not mean that much any more. Central should beat York at Central by 10 to 15. At anywhere else by 5 to 10. Congrats Seq. and Central !

Don't let the score fool you, the game was closer than that but once again, the deeeeep Central bench was awsome. And yes the Seq. coach seems to be very classy and a very good coach. Hope to see them match up again in 4 games. As for the all tourn. team some ONE picked....... well let's just say it appears it does not mean that much any more. Central should beat York at Central by 10 to 15. At anywhere else by 5 to 10. Congrats Seq. and Central !

What happened on the all tourney team. Fill us in.

What happened on the all tourney team. Fill us in.

McMinn Central

Madison Lee (MVP)

Kylie Lambert

Kelsie McNutt

Sequatchie Co.

Rachel Lockhart

Katherine Barker

Lakyn Ledford

Sweetwater

Taylor Neil

Heather Gibson

Howard

Melanie Hemphill

Catherine Williams

...I don't see an issue or problem...every young lady deserved this honor!!! Congrats!!!

McMinn Central

Madison Lee (MVP)

Kylie Lambert

Kelsie McNutt

Sequatchie Co.

Rachel Lockhart

Katherine Barker

Lakyn Ledford

Sweetwater

Taylor Neil

Heather Gibson

Howard

Melanie Hemphill

Catherine Williams

...I don't see an issue or problem...every young lady deserved this honor!!! Congrats!!!

Where is the problem?

McMinn Central

Madison Lee (MVP)

Kylie Lambert

Kelsie McNutt

Sequatchie Co.

Rachel Lockhart

Katherine Barker

Lakyn Ledford

Sweetwater

Taylor Neil

Heather Gibson

Howard

Melanie Hemphill

Catherine Williams

Let me clear this up. I think the 1st place team should get 4 people and the last place team should get 1 or just give the 1st place team 4 and leave the rest alone. As for who was picked, I think these young ladies were all deserving but the Jordan girl from Central played her you know what off in the District and Region and deserved it as well. As everybody else, I could name about five more of the areas players that should be standing with them.

Let me clear this up. I think the 1st place team should get 4 people and the last place team should get 1 or just give the 1st place team 4 and leave the rest alone. As for who was picked, I think these young ladies were all deserving but the Jordan girl from Central played her you know what off in the District and Region and deserved it as well. As everybody else, I could name about five more of the areas players that should be standing with them.

Hey, I would not disagree. Jordan is the workhorse, unfortunately at these tournaments the awards are given based on points, for the most part. The bigger prize awaits.

Does anyone know anything about York?

R3D5FAN, Think about it.....if you pick 4 girls off the 1st place team you are leaving one starter out. I wouldn't want that to be my kid....that would make you feel awful. Awards can be a double edge sword at times....it can help ones who need recognition but it can put strife in a team(fans, players...etc.)

You guys were asking about York....they are a well rounded team. No height but they make up for it in other places. They are in our district & we played them 4 times this year(split 2-2). Upperman played them 4 times (Upperman 3-1). Regions 3& 4 always has strong teams.....this will be a good match up.

R3D5FAN, Think about it.....if you pick 4 girls off the 1st place team you are leaving one starter out. I wouldn't want that to be my kid....that would make you feel awful. Awards can be a double edge sword at times....it can help ones who need recognition but it can put strife in a team(fans, players...etc.)

You guys were asking about York....they are a well rounded team. No height but they make up for it in other places. They are in our district & we played them 4 times this year(split 2-2). Upperman played them 4 times (Upperman 3-1). Regions 3& 4 always has strong teams.....this will be a good match up.

Hogeye, hate to not see you all at the round house again this year...... It was our turn to win.

We all thank you for the info.

We took some of the girls up to see the Stone Memorial vs York game as well as a couple of nights of 7AA District tourn. We're going to hear a bunch of flap about York and 7AA, but let me say, we're in VERY good shape. This is concerning my thoughts on the two teams as a whole, not one individual. Central has the advantage in speed. Rather foot motion, ball handling, ball motion, defensive rotation, game speed, Central is just faster across the board. Central is deeper. York only subbed one player wih regularity, the 7th off the bench was rare. While Central goes 8-9 deep every game. With regard to Key Players, if you know Central, you know. I'm not going to help scout for York. But as for York. They have one ball handler that will struggle with pressure, a shooter #43, she needs to be set and open, but if left alone can hurt you, their only threat in my book. A post that is over looked, but does grab some boards and score from there. The advantage for York, they are stronger, or appear to be. My prediction for Saturday: Lots of negative comments about our small hot roundhouse, lots of trash before the game about 7AA of yester year, OH!, and Central wins by 20. Seriously, we've had our state tickets and parking passes bought for about 6 weeks now.