Mutliplier Disqualified?

dadoffour

I think the multiplier works if you have 5 classes in all sports, not just football. Which seems strange because more schools can field basketball teams and baseball teams than football. So you have more teams competing in basketball and baseball but less classes. Does not make sense to me. JMO.

Old Pirate says perfect point there tigerman. OP has a simple mind and that never made sense to OP.

In fact it actually helped the programs in basketball and baseball with more time provided for practice in their respective sports.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep saying things like 'commonplace' and using terms like 'most', but your one reference is Temple, who was caught and punished. If you are going to use hyperbole, at least come up with more than one example.

Of course, if, as is really the case, you are ASSUMING (and we all know what that does, don't we) things that you actually know nothing factually about, then at least be man enough to say something like "I don't really have a clue about this, but I'm going to talk as if I do" or "I know 1 small private in Chattanooga broke some rules, so, being completely prejudiced, I am going to accuse them all" before using language that implies that rule breaking is the norm for all small privates.

Old Pirate says most posters attempt not to name instances, but here's 1. wealthy business man/ booster moves to Chatt and pays the tuition for a son's friend whom he befriended while living in a rural county (Marion). You should be very careful wanting specifics. Names and dates could be provided if push comes shove.

Old Pirate says most posters attempt not to name instances, but here's 1. wealthy business man/ booster moves to Chatt and pays the tuition for a son's friend whom he befriended while living in a rural county (Marion). You should be very careful wanting specifics. Names and dates could be provided if push comes shove.

You need to be verrry careful about passing along info that is not accurate. What you are talking about is a rumor that has been handed around for the last 5 years, and it is simply not true. The people/person who started it has a vested interest in making the student and his father and the business man look bad. I know exactly what you are talking about and who, and I also know a lot more about the situation than you do. And I know about it first hand, not passed through the Valley rumor mill. To explain the whole thing would require not only naming the innocent people that you think have done something wrong, but several people who are still in the Valley who DID do some very unprofessional things that are continuing this rumor to direct attention away from themselves. There are several other rumors that pertain to about the same time period that are also perpetuated by the same group of people for the same reasons.

If it will help get the rumors stopped I will be happy to tell you what actually happened in the situation above, but you will need to PM me, as the boards are not the place. Suffice it to say that your version is wrong, and that spreading it in a public place could constitute slander.

I am sure the TSSAA would love to hear names and dates. I won't hold my breath.

Getting rid of the multiplier without a total split will ruin 1A football. Right now with the exception of the handfull of privates bending and crunching numbers to remain in 1A it is the purest sport left. Kids work and play hard knowing they have a chance to win even if they are a small poor community with little resources and money to have nice stadiums , practice fascilities and high paid coaches. They just want to play knowing they have a fair shake at competing. Drop JCS . DCA ,CPA , Boyd and possibly CAK and Goodpasture back down and noone outside SP and TC has a chance and they don't have much of one.

You need to be verrry careful about passing along info that is not accurate. What you are talking about is a rumor that has been handed around for the last 5 years, and it is simply not true. The people/person who started it has a vested interest in making the student and his father and the business man look bad. I know exactly what you are talking about and who, and I also know a lot more about the situation than you do. And I know about it first hand, not passed through the Valley rumor mill. To explain the whole thing would require not only naming the innocent people that you think have done something wrong, but several people who are still in the Valley who DID do some very unprofessional things that are continuing this rumor to direct attention away from themselves. There are several other rumors that pertain to about the same time period that are also perpetuated by the same group of people for the same reasons.

If it will help get the rumors stopped I will be happy to tell you what actually happened in the situation above, but you will need to PM me, as the boards are not the place. Suffice it to say that your version is wrong, and that spreading it in a public place could constitute slander.

Old Pirate is not familar with PM? I have a tough time just finding the key pad. It is obvious you know of one instance. However, slander...................... ? well, there is a lot that better hope it never goes to the courts. It would be an IRS feast for some parties involved, with tax records brought into question and scrutinized.

OP says this is NOT about the kids, they are always innocent but adults and programs that routinely cross the lines. OP has no interest in naming names, but there are many close to the situation that could/would if forced into action. The paper trail of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ would hurt alot of people.

OP says this happens at the college level also. Just look what happened to Bama and the Memphis booster. Remember any $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ incentives is against the TSSAA rules. OP says sometimes it's best to distance yourself from past problems. One should always remember....... families/friends talk and time sometimes bring more info to light.

Regardless, the fact is privates offer incentives in various ways and a few have been mentioned.

OP says it can all be traced back to school leadership and accepted practices.

Old Pirate is not familar with PM? I have a tough time just finding the key pad. It is obvious you know of one instance. However, slander...................... ? well, there is a lot that better hope it never goes to the courts. It would be an IRS feast for some parties involved, with tax records brought into question and scrutinized.

OP says this is NOT about the kids, they are always innocent but adults and programs that routinely cross the lines. OP has no interest in naming names, but there are many close to the situation that could/would if forced into action. The paper trail of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ would hurt alot of people.

OP says this happens at the college level also. Just look what happened to Bama and the Memphis booster. Remember any $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ incentives is against the TSSAA rules. OP says sometimes it's best to distance yourself from past problems. One should always remember....... families/friends talk and time sometimes bring more info to light.

Regardless, the fact is privates offer incentives in various ways and a few have been mentioned.

OP says it can all be traced back to school leadership and accepted practices.

OP,

PM is for Private Message. If you are a plus member you can send messages to the mailbox of other plus members.

Once again you produced a lot of vague implications and serious insinuations. I and everyone else who has posted for any time at all have seen it all before. Somebody comes along, makes lots of claims about school x and how all schools like them are dirty, but has nothing new to say, and can't back up what they say.

It is called 'gossip'. It has gone on since the beginning of time. It is usually caused by people who are upset about one thing and are looking for other reasons to justify being upset, so they exagerate, assume, or just plain lie. But for some reason people assume the worst about those who aren't just like them, and they readily believe the gossipers.

If you have any 1st hand knowledge (ie. you personally witnessed cheating, or your child was offered illegal assistance, etc.) then you are obligated to report it. If you are going off of what your sister has heard from her neighbor's brother's parrot's pet gerbil, that is gossip (or even just going by what your sister's neighbor has heard, or what is being said at work, or church). Believe me, there are plenty of people like you who ASSUME the worst about small privates and would love to get any of us into trouble if they could. If something or several things as blatant as you are implying actually went on the TSSAA would have already heard and investigated it. Especially since the time period you are talking about was the time that we were really good and in the spotlight. Plenty of people would have liked to have ended that.

The first incident you were talking about was simply not what you thought it was. I can guess who the other incident is also. Believe me when I say that neither is true...both are simply rumors started by people with agendas.

p.s. You seem to think we have a lot of money and are able to cherry pick athletes. You need to get your facts straight. You guys have a lot more athletes to choose from than we do. And you have more money. The new gym you are building is worth more than all of our buildings COMBINED. And that is after the school board lowered the amount they were willing to spend. How many DI athletes and even professional players have passed through South Pitt? How many more were just as good but couldn't score high enough on the ACT to go to college, or dropped out after Football their junior or senior year? We have NEVER had a kid sign DI in Football...EVER. The year we won state we had exactly 0 players sign. How many did you guys have this year?

I know rumors are more fun than facts...but let's stick to the facts.

OP,

PM is for Private Message. If you are a plus member you can send messages to the mailbox of other plus members.

Once again you produced a lot of vague implications and serious insinuations. I and everyone else who has posted for any time at all have seen it all before. Somebody comes along, makes lots of claims about school x and how all schools like them are dirty, but has nothing new to say, and can't back up what they say.

It is called 'gossip'. It has gone on since the beginning of time. It is usually caused by people who are upset about one thing and are looking for other reasons to justify being upset, so they exagerate, assume, or just plain lie. But for some reason people assume the worst about those who aren't just like them, and they readily believe the gossipers.

If you have any 1st hand knowledge (ie. you personally witnessed cheating, or your child was offered illegal assistance, etc.) then you are obligated to report it. If you are going off of what your sister has heard from her neighbor's brother's parrot's pet gerbil, that is gossip (or even just going by what your sister's neighbor has heard, or what is being said at work, or church). Believe me, there are plenty of people like you who ASSUME the worst about small privates and would love to get any of us into trouble if they could. If something or several things as blatant as you are implying actually went on the TSSAA would have already heard and investigated it. Especially since the time period you are talking about was the time that we were really good and in the spotlight. Plenty of people would have liked to have ended that.

The first incident you were talking about was simply not what you thought it was. I can guess who the other incident is also. Believe me when I say that neither is true...both are simply rumors started by people with agendas.

p.s. You seem to think we have a lot of money and are able to cherry pick athletes. You need to get your facts straight. You guys have a lot more athletes to choose from than we do. And you have more money. The new gym you are building is worth more than all of our buildings COMBINED. And that is after the school board lowered the amount they were willing to spend. How many DI athletes and even professional players have passed through South Pitt? How many more were just as good but couldn't score high enough on the ACT to go to college, or dropped out after Football their junior or senior year? We have NEVER had a kid sign DI in Football...EVER. The year we won state we had exactly 0 players sign. How many did you guys have this year?

I know rumors are more fun than facts...but let's stick to the facts.

OP says SP does not have money. heck it's a county school. OP is proud of the fact that the community is heavly involved and does raise $$$$$$$$ for various projects. The gym will be very nice and the additional class rooms are much needed. SP is fortunate to have the National Cornbread Festival each year and it aids in various projects. OP agrees rumors as you describe them are part of our every day life. OP does have some 1st hand knowledge but will keep it off these boards. The past is the past and how/why things have not been investgated and perhaps they were to a point.

As time goes on more people (friends, cousins, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and etc.) close to the situations will leak out info. That is common everyday practice.

OP asks.................... do you know a school that has a future preacher program that assists students in tuition . How about private/privates in Chatt offering a breakfast program to encourage school enrollment. Recruiting.......... the privates if they are not recruiting they need to stay away from the inner city programs prospecting for student athletes. Yes, this is happening every year using breakfast programs, preacher programs. Just curious how....... many have become..... preachers.

OP says SP had 1 player make the pros, Eddie Moore and many that were good enough to play D1 and could/would not work at the academics.

OP wonders..... if the people involved would under oath stick to their stories?

OP knows a former coach that picked up players from different areas in Chatt and took them to school. Is this recruiting or providing incentive??? It could/would be viewed as a type of financial aid. Don't get OP wrong some kids need additional help, but is it proper for privates or publics to scan surrounding local middle schools for the student/athlete only.................? OP is sure there are the scholar students that "NEVER" are approach to transfer to a school based on purely academics.

Is this proper? OP knows tuitions for these small privates are not cheap, so how does a kid from a low income family obtain enrollment? "If" he or she is..... an athlete, things are often worked out.

Ok so what is the real story, If Ronnie says he wants to take the multiplier off, he must have the votes or he would not have said anything, so why does he wan to take it off, could be to get ready for his Z plan, or some ohter new idea to make life fair. T$$AA is up to something.

Ok so what is the real story, If Ronnie says he wants to take the multiplier off, he must have the votes or he would not have said anything, so why does he wan to take it off, could be to get ready for his Z plan, or some ohter new idea to make life fair. T$$AA is up to something.

the TSSAA and RC just never cease to amaze me. I really try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they just make it impossible. So, five years ago we needed a multiplier to even the playing field between D1 privates and publics, and now all of a sudden we don't anymore. Has something changed or were they just wrong from the get go? Was this just an experiment to placate the public crowd?