AA State Brackets

GCPioneer

Cyclonefan- that was an excellent post. Thanks for the kind words. Like everyone else we are extremely proud of our girls at SMHS. They are a good group of girls.

Having said that- all the teams at the Boro are obviously extremely good teams. Each school has reason to be proud of the hard work, skill, and out and out determination put forth by their teams.

Gousin... ok, I am going to speak s-l-o-w-l-y so maybe you can understand. Austin East, who by the way is not Chaseman's OR Heartof Stone's team, is the team who won last year's state tournament. They lost no -one from THAT team. Goss and Marsh, far and above their best players.. and I mean when you see them play you will understand, were not a part of the team this year for all but one of those losses. Goss has more talent and ability- natural raw talent- in her pinkie toe than most girls can ever dream of having. Their record before Christmas break means pretty much nothing at this point. The pp was right- at this point they are the favorite.

This doesn't mean, however, that Central is not talented. Nor does it mean Central doesn't have the ability to win this game. What it does mean is that you can't always judge a team by their record, and that you should not overlook ANY team at this level. It just might come back to haunt you. And I guarantee neither your coach nor your team is overlooking Austin East. You should probably take a cue from them

Good luck to all

Go Lady Panthers!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see a Milan Vs Upperman match up! 7AA Vs 13AA i would love that since i have ties to both... To bad its not LA though i was looking forward to gettin my "H.O.G.E.Y.E. Hogeye Hogeye just got beat!" on... Go Lady Dawgs! Good luck to GC down there in the bottom bracket looks tough but i think yall can do it, would be a heck of a championship game Milan Gibson round 6!

if you were from Dekalb before, when was the last time you ever got to say that in a girls game? i mean really, what is their losing streak in district at now?

Maybe I'm biased, but I think it will be another Milan vs. GC matchup in the finals!

Milan has the trio of Chantel Poston, Shaniqua Gray, and big Perica Glenn.

Milan got lucky that they get a day off because they only go 7 deep at max.

GC is in a loaded bracket, but they will do what Austin-East has done the past few years and that is show that they are contenders this year, next year, and probably 2-3 more years with the young talent they got on the team now and the girls they got coming up.

Have fun stopping Heather Butler and Heather Griffin.

Prediction:

Milan beats GC by 1 point in the state championship!

if you were from Dekalb before, when was the last time you ever got to say that in a girls game? i mean really, what is their losing streak in district at now?

Haha exactly! Iv experienced a total flip in the main sports that matter at school, at Dekalb it was guys BBall and Baseball and at Milan its Girls BBall and FOOTBALL of course Milan plays some Baseball too!

Just a couple comments from someone whose team is on the outside looking in. First, Austin East is the favorite. I don't care what their record is, they have been to the state finals three years running and won it all last year and the main reasons are the two guards Goss and Marsh. They put 97 points on a good South Greene team last night. Ninety Seven Points.

Secondly. having seen Stone up close and personal last night, I would say they have a chance to beat a very good Upperman team. Dishman is a good quick post; and Sanders is a lefty who can shoot the 3, but in my opinion the keys are the 2 Browns--Chelsey the excellent point guard and Leslie the smooth 5-8 wing/post who can shoot lights out. Those two are the reason Stone is playing this week in the Boro. They are the players that keyed Stone's late 3rd quarter run last night to give them the lead heading down the stretch. Then, with the game tied with 3 minutes to go, it was Dishman who put them back ahead for good; then Chelsey Brown and Lindsay Smith iced it at the foul line. Stone is a very well coached team that should not be overlooked.

Thirdly, Im not so sure the bracket is so bottom loaded anyway. Except for Creek Wood, the other 3 have certainly beaten some very good teams to get here and are battle tested.

Good luck to all teams. The team with the most depth will likely win.

Austin East has not been in the finals 3 years running. They have been to the state for 3 straight years. Two years ago they faced Jackson North Side in the quarter finals and lost. Jackson North Side went on to the finals and lost to Memphis Hillcrest. The Austin East team is pretty much that same team as 3 years ago and they were good then. I would have to pick them as the favorite.

Austin East has not been in the finals 3 years running. They have been to the state for 3 straight years. Two years ago they faced Jackson North Side in the quarter finals and lost. Jackson North Side went on to the finals and lost to Memphis Hillcrest. The Austin East team is pretty much that same team as 3 years ago and they were good then. I would have to pick them as the favorite.

Let me begin by saying that any team that is representing this tournament can win on any given night, with the exception of maybe one team. I am still having trouble understanding why the McMinn Central girls cannot get any respect.

Let's just see what they have accomplished.

1. 31-2

2. AP #1 ranked Class AA

3. Only losses coming from a respectable 27-6 AAA Maryville Heritage team and 31-2 AAA Cleveland state qualifier.

4. Won District 5AA without a blemish

5. Won Region 6AA beating a good Sequatie team

6. Beat York in sub state (Sectional) by 20 and was in control the whole game. By the way that region is tough.

7. All this with no seniors.

I know that everyone is proud of their schools and programs, as they should be, but where is the respect for these girls?

Let me begin by saying that any team that is representing this tournament can win on any given night, with the exception of maybe one team. I am still having trouble understanding why the McMinn Central girls cannot get any respect.

Let's just see what they have accomplished.

1. 31-2

2. AP #1 ranked Class AA

3. Only losses coming from a respectable 27-6 AAA Maryville Heritage team and 31-2 AAA Cleveland state qualifier.

4. Won District 5AA without a blemish

5. Won Region 6AA beating a good Sequatie team

6. Beat York in sub state (Sectional) by 20 and was in control the whole game. By the way that region is tough.

7. All this with no seniors.

I know that everyone is proud of their schools and programs, as they should be, but where is the respect for these girls?

I don't think that picking Austin East over Central shows no respect for Central. I think it shows tremendous respect and understanding of this Austin East team, which several Central fans ( yourself not included) seemed to discount simply because of their # of losses, which, as has now been explained, occurred without their best two players. And you cannot explain LaKrystle Goss until you see her play. The girl simply has skill.. natural, athletic, flat out ability- the kind you can't teach or coach.

This is not to say that Central can't or won't beat A-E. Where Central has an advantage probably lies in a couple of factors

1. Central is a more disciplined, well coached team. A-E is not the most disciplined team in the aspect of fundamentals or team play

2. Team play- A-E has become better at playing as a team because they had to go without Goss and Marsh for so long, but really, those two run the show. Central, from what I can tell, is much more balanced.

The thing that's so difficult to explain is that talented,athletic, well coached, disciplined teams have fallen short against A-E because truthfully you can't defend what you can't catch. And Goss has those kind of moves and that kind of ability. If she were to be a part of a program like Central, or LA, or Stone Memorial or any of the other teams whose coaches preach and practice fundamentals and balanced, team play, she could potentially be unstoppable.

Again- it's not that Central is given no respect. All of the teams at this level have earned the right to be respected by all fans and opponents alike. It's that those who have seen

A-E in action know just how difficult any team's task will be when they face them.

Don't worry, Gibson Co. went to state a couple of years ago with a 33-0 record. No one gave us respect and we got our butts handed to us in the first round by Livingston Acadamy. We lost that game by 16....Did you play a strong regular season schedule?

No doubt that at this level you better bring your A+ game, I was just making a statement. I of course hope MC wins, not saying they will. I just was bringing out some points to keep it interesting.