Marshall Co. vs. Gibson Co.

mcfan10

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that i am proud of the Marshall County Tigerettes for the game today that you played so well and that you were beaten before you even stepped on the court by all of the Gibson County fans. Have fun and play each game one at a time as you have done all year long and i would like to say we are so proud of you and the seniors on the team for the leadership you three have shown all year long /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

GO TIGERETTES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not exactly the result I was expecting. MC just shot the light out and Gibson Co. seemed a little nervous in the beginning. They never could get a run going. The fouls on Pate were bad...but we were outplayed today. The funny thing is I bet MC doesnt shoot 65% from the floor on a consistant basis...they just did today. Conagratualtions to them. MC.

Also, congratulations to Gibson Co. Dont pay any attention to the fools on here saying overrated. Your not overrated when you have the #1 rated strength of schedule in all of AA. Most of these chumps have no clue about the game of basketball. They only like to put immature high school trash on here on something they have no idea of what their talking about. Its an accomplishment to be on of the best 8 teams in the state in AA. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Not exactly the result I was expecting. MC just shot the light out and Gibson Co. seemed a little nervous in the beginning. They never could get a run going. The fouls on Pate were bad...but we were outplayed today. The funny thing is I bet MC doesnt shoot 65% from the floor on a consistant basis...they just did today. Conagratualtions to them. MC.

Also, congratulations to Gibson Co. Dont pay any attention to the fools on here saying overrated. Your not overrated when you have the #1 rated strength of schedule in all of AA. Most of these chumps have no clue about the game of basketball. They only like to put immature high school trash on here on something they have no idea of what their talking about. Its an accomplishment to be on of the best 8 teams in the state in AA. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Have to say that I told you all out west that Marshall County was tough. All year long the folks from the West and the Uppercumberland have shown Marshall County no respect. I have defended them all year as the State Runner Up headed back to the Finals and the Championship. Congratulations on an easy win and good luck in the next round. Remember Marshall tigeretts, you have to play each game, one at a time and don't take anyone for granted.

Why would you expect us to be "unbeatable". We've lost 5 games this year, 6 after today. I agree the refs were pretty bad, one call being touchy and then letting people get completely knocked around. (for instance when the MC girl was knocked backwards and they called back court on her, I had to laugh). As for pulling #55, I don't know. It's not my business as he is the coach and he knows ALOTTTTTTT more than what I'll ever know. We don't exactly have the depth to just grab another 6 ft tall girl off the bench. Considering the girl from MC was extremely tall and athletic, we would not have anyone else who could match up with her besides Griffin whom also had 2 fouls. This loss today wasn't the best thing that could've happened, but it could also be used as a learning experience for Butler and Griffin as they are only Sophomores.

There was something about ya'll that made me feel like we didn't have a chance. I hated when I saw ya'lls name pop up with ours on the bracket. The backcourt call was terrible. The refs didn't call much in the 2nd half at all. They sorta went to sleep with Marshall Co. being up big. I wish we xould have the refs that reffed the Bolivar game for every game. First set of refs I have ever liked.

Have to say that I told you all out west that Marshall County was tough. All year long the folks from the West and the Uppercumberland have shown Marshall County no respect. I have defended them all year as the State Runner Up headed back to the Finals and the Championship. Congratulations on an easy win and good luck in the next round. Remember Marshall tigeretts, you have to play each game, one at a time and don't take anyone for granted.

Funny you start flapping your fingers after the game!! BTW, the upper cumberland does have a team still standing.

Back in 2004: We entered the game 33-0 and played against Livingston Acadamy with Ms. Basketball finalist Katrina Beechboard. Gibson Co. lost the game by I believe 14 points in what was the closest game Livingston had through the whole tournaments.

Beechboard was the winner!

Well, I'm a little delayed on getting on here to see what all has been going on since going to the Boro. However, I went all the way back to the last thing I said and I'll address first things first. Howboutthemdogs, you need NOT ever speak to me in ignorance or with that jr. high attitude again. Let's get real; if you're going to insult someone, take a minute and make it count, k? Looks like your stay at the DOUBLE TREE didn't turn out very pleasantly afterall. I hate that I had to even deal with you but okay, now that that's over with.

GC had lost from the beginning when they came out acting like they didn't want to be where they were. Youth could have played a role BUT that youth had all the potential in the world to step up and play their hardest for the seniors that they were leaving behind. The nerves didn't get all worked out during warm ups apparently, but no need on dwelling on the past now. It was a terrible match up between GC and Marshall Co. I do wish it could have been competitive. Nobody shoots as well as Marshall did against us all the time, but I give them the utmost respect and congrats for how well they did play against us. It was very obvious who came to play Thurs.

As for the refs, I would have been IRATE had it been a close game and they were calling as poorly as they were. It was still pitiful, eventhough it was hard to get into the game from the GC stands. Pate should NOT have gotten 2 fouls in FIFTEEN SECONDS. AND if you go to the Jackson Sun's website there is one particular video that shows her 2nd foul and will prove to you just how bogus it was. We were done from there because not only did we not have anybody to pull off the bench to make up for her huge role, but Marshall Co was shooting us out of the gym. We couldn't catch a break whatsoever. For future reference, if the best 8 teams are going to be a this tournament, only the best referees should be there as well, to whomever it may concern.

I am very proud of all the West TN teams that made it to the Boro and especially to the Lady Pioneers for a wonderful season. Look at it this way-- one of your 6 losses was to the 2008 state champs and you beat the runners up 3 out of the 5 times that you played them. Everyone worked very hard to get to where they got this season and I look forward to watching you girls next year!!