Old Franklin County HS Threads

bigmoney128

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripley, MS loves Mac McCurry and made him an offer that no one could refuse... It would be hard for a lot of schools to match what was put on the table down there. Guess some schools like to have a good coach who runs a tight ship and wins 10+ games a year!

So in other words: He just used Franklin County to get more money from the school he is at right now!!!

So in other words: He just used Franklin County to get more money from the school he is at right now!!!

Apparently you ahve never been to Ripley High School.

Heard that it was a done deal but that the principal and Super pulled the hook out of his mouth. Oh well..you live and you learn.

I wouldnt say he used anyone. he was called, he didnt call Franklin Co.... and when Ripley caught wind of this they made him an offer in hopes of retaining his services. he didnt lead anyone on. didnt do or say anything to anyone that wasn't on the up and up.

Old Dad, I don't know anything about FC politics but I can tell you this is exactly why the state went to this system, to remove the good old boys from the process. The idea was to hire professional educators/administrators to run the schools and hire the teachers and coaches for the district without the good old boys having their fingers in the process. It sounds like he made the best offer he could afford to Mac and he ran home to get a better deal where he coaches.

As I have said before on another thread, this sort of thing happens all the time. Coaches play these games to get more out of their old school. Good luck to the FC boy's team. I hope yall get a good coach and turn your program around!

Understand that coaches play this "game" all the time. Don't blame them. You just have no idea of the other shenanigans that goes on here or do you?

When I was in college, I interned with a large public high school in Kentucky. I won't say which one but lets just say I worked for a man who did this very same thing. Every spring he would go out and talk to some HS about coming to help out their program and then decide to stay at home. He told me and a couple of the young coaches not to worry, he was planning on staying put but this was how the game was played. I learned a lot from him. I decided not to go into coaching full time but I do understand this is how it is done. I don't blame Coach Mac.

It was not the coaches that I was referring to. I think Mac knows how to play the game, but I think he got played here. Our Director of Schools is a master at the game. Best I have seen.

My sources tell me the same thing. I heard Sup. after the agreement called Mac and said he had to take a full load teaching and not the one class other than football he agreed too. Heard things got heated over the phone. Deal ended and we are back to square one. One radio station reported a hire very soon. Makes you wonder If AD didn't hire Sup.'s choice.

several things previously agreed upon was changed at the last minute

Hate him or love him the guy can coach! The most prepared coach that I have ever gone against.Had some wars with this old guy! He deserves every penny he is getting!Keep up the good work in Ripley,Ms.Coach Mac! Another question,why in the world would you want to go to Franklin Co.? Seems to me this school can't keep a coach,but I wish them luck in getting one.Phillip Fulmer maybe?

TowMater you were wrong in the past, what makes you so sure it is Coach Atkins? Well if what you are hearing is true, it looks like the Rebels will be throwing the ball next year in Winchester! Here's what I found out about Atkins:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Atkins

When will we know if it is final?

Hi, I don't know for sure who it will be. I am not real close to FC situation just coffee shop talk. Local radio said ELA was in the final 4. Since ELA has been laying low on this site I kinda figured he might be up to something. Don't know the man personally but I have heard that he can coach. I would think that FC will have someone by Monday or Tuesday.