Temple vs. Union City 1st Game of 2008 State Tournament!

TempleTrue

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaction you might wanna get on them knees!!! It might help! lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ok I'm not that desperate. But please Temple win. It would be great. The boards would be alot more fun with a Temple win than if Union City wins, I promise. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well come noonish Wed if UC beats Temple we will see how much class they have..If Temple beats UC you will see class from UC fans as well..And last year everyone did booo MJ when he won his MR. Basketball trophy..Thats not to classy...And i do mean everyone.

It is just like a UC fan to be so self absorbed to think that everything is always about UC. You guys have a reputation for living in your own world of conscious reality.

They were not booing MJ. They were booing the decision. And I do mean everyone knew that Seth Skogen was the only one who should have been awarded Mr. Basketball and that is why everyone was booing. His stats alone were better. The only reaons MJ was awarded Mr. Basketball was because he was from the west and there are more writers who vote in the west than in any other part of the state. Someone from the west will always win Mr. Basketball and Mr. Football. There was no way in the world Robert Robinson from South Pittsburg should not have gotten the Mr. Football award. He was hands down the best high school football player in the state in Class A.

There is no way in the world anybody's fans would boo a kid.

It is just like a UC fan to be so self absorbed to think that everything is always about UC. You guys have a reputation for living in your own world of conscious reality.

They were not booing MJ. They were booing the decision. And I do mean everyone knew that Seth Skogen was the only one who should have been awarded Mr. Basketball and that is why everyone was booing. His stats alone were better. The only reaons MJ was awarded Mr. Basketball was because he was from the west and there are more writers who vote in the west than in any other part of the state. Someone from the west will always win Mr. Basketball and Mr. Football. There was no way in the world Robert Robinson from South Pittsburg should not have gotten the Mr. Football award. He was hands down the best high school football player in the state in Class A.

Legend is in the boro! I just got here. Im going to sleep now I cant wait till 10:30 I will be rooting for UC. I wont to see the match-up.

MJ Brown was the one who deserved the award....Skogen proved to me he was a worthy nominee..DeMario Williams was a worthy nominee also....But the kid who won the award was the one who should have won it...

Have a safe trip Green...Good luck to both teams...Hoping for a well played,injury-free game....

Got in late last night and can't wait to get to The Boro(in Mt Juliet as we speak)...I take my vacation State Tournament Week every year...It's a heckuva lot better when the team you support is playing....

Having said that, I think UC will win the game, but it won't be a blowout. I know they are good, but Temple has been picking up their play all year and seem to be peaking at the right time.

Right on.

Fewest points that Union City has scored all year save the Lake County game.

Congrats to UC on the victory and Temple on the season.

59-55 UC, valiant effort by Temple. Time 11:52, wonder how long it take Legend to get on here to deride UC?

Yeah UC didnt play well at all..They couldnt throw it in the ocean today and ended up beating 8 instead of 5..The refs called a one sided game on the fouls..It was horrible! Mad props to Temple on a great season and congrats to J. Sexton on a great game..UC just couldnt hit nothing in the game it wasnt all the refs but there was many times when MJ got hammered on the inside and Tony Wilkins also and nothing was called..It was pitifull! They called every lil touch foul they could on UC..BUT>>NO EXCUSES..It was just one of those games where UC's schedule pay off for them and having a true leader on the team..Congrats to Tony Wilkins on a great game also...It was a great team effort on both sides of the ball.

Well foks, Union City had their chance to blow this one wide open but the thrid quarter almost cost us the game. Give Temple credit, they came ina dn stayed with their game plan and it almost worked. This game wouldn't ahve been close if we could have hit our freethrows.

I think the first game gitters and this being the 1st game of the tourney, Union city will settle down and play Union city Baskeball come Friday. I promise you will see a totally different team come Friday. This was a good test for Union city.

Now, as for M J Brown, anyone who has been saying anything bad about him should read the box score. He hit his shots in the time of need. He "IS" a true leader.

Come Friday, I think we will play a much better game against Moore County. I know their pretty good and so are we.

Good luck Union City, everyone back here in the West Tennessee and Union city are pulling for you 100 %.

Oh, another thing, the reason why Union City fans seem a little on the cocky side, it's because no one from the Middle Tennessee area or East Tennessee area give us any respect.