Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

I'd be willing to bet McCord knows all about their offensive strategy...he is one heck of a coach. Said before DC is insanely conditioned.....this will be a factor. Dc has faced big players before, fast teams before...they are not easily intimidated. From what I have read and heard about CPA..they are an excellent team...I don't think anyone on this board has discredited them. This will be one of the best games in the tournament.

DC will play a much different team / style ,deception of plays from CPA than they"ve seen all year. IMO Coach McCord has taken notice in this difference of playing style with his knowlege of B/B and have the Choctaws Well Prepared . Yes the CHOCTAWS will have a definite advantage in Speed,Balance, Strong Bench, Scoring from ALL CHOCTAWS from any Position on the court . Having played teams with taller players many times should not be a factor as These Choctaws can Jump with anyone and the Choctaws team speed that CPA hasnt seen. As always what type game will zebras call ?? (Which should not happen but does) , will either team have an off night .

Should be a Good-un !!!

"DC PRIDE " "DC PRIDE" "DC PRIDE"!!!!!!!

GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some of you have been wondering where i was and waiting for my input.

Matt ill say this CPA averages 60 points a game. DC we average 90 points a game. CPA good luck on keeping up. and that jp guy even confirms the roughly 60 point average. GO CHOCTAWS! GO TORNADOES!

Are you implying that Dyer is going to win by 30? Not likely.

Are you implying that Dyer is going to win by 30? Not likely.

not at all. im saying that CPA better have oxygen tanks ready because they might pass out from the lack of oxygen they are getting from trying to keep up with DC. Ad'smom is right. the bigger they are and the harder they fall and the faster they get tired. tired people commit mistakes. so i guess yea your right i think we are capable of winning by 30, but your right we probably wont. i say it's not going to be as close as what people think.

not at all. im saying that CPA better have oxygen tanks ready because they might pass out from the lack of oxygen they are getting from trying to keep up with DC. Ad'smom is right. the bigger they are and the harder they fall and the faster they get tired. tired people commit mistakes. so i guess yea your right i think we are capable of winning by 30, but your right we probably wont. i say it's not going to be as close as what people think.

I would beg to argue that Dyer Co. has yet to play a defense as good as CPA and definitely hasn't seen an imposing shot-blocker like Mason. Also, obviously there is no shot clock so if CPA wants to play a game of fewer possessions, that's the way it will be. West TN teams score more points than middle TN teams. But does that mean they are better? No, it's just a different style of play. Thankfully we will get to see which style works better on Wednesday.

Also, many people on here are under the impression that CPA likes to "slow it down." I don't think this is an accurate statement. Rather, CPA picks it moments. For example, If they get a steal or are able to easily get past the defense on an inbound, they will take it to the hoop. If not, They will set up a play, usually knocking down 3's or feeding the post. They can do it both ways, and well.

From what I hear, tell me if i'm wrong, Dyer Co.'s style is to get the ball down the court and either get a lay-up or open 3 before the defense can get back. Kind of a pick-up/street style (that is not a dis, it has obviously worked so far).

I think the keys for the game will be:

for CPA: get back on defense, and don't let DC make you play their game. Continue to play smart on offense and feed Z if he's hot, or shoot the 3 if they're falling.

for DC: run CPA and hope they get tired, using the bench to your advantage. Put multiple defenders around Mason, making inlet passes difficult. Convert on turnovers.

Should be a fun game. I can't wait!

The bottom line on the CPA offense is this; if they average 60 pts. a game, that is slowing it down and if they call that running, they`re in real trouble. There is usually a reason teams slow it down, IT`S EASIER THAN RUNNING THE FLOOR and if they`re not used to running, again, they could be in trouble. I talked to CJ tonight and believe me, they have a game plan and a nice one, but of course I woundn`t dare get on here and advertise. Just gotta be there.

Go DC!!!!!

The bottom line on the CPA offense is this; if they average 60 pts. a game, that is slowing it down and if they call that running, they`re in real trouble. There is usually a reason teams slow it down, IT`S EASIER THAN RUNNING THE FLOOR and if they`re not used to running, again, they could be in trouble. I talked to CJ tonight and believe me, they have a game plan and a nice one, but of course I woundn`t dare get on here and advertise. Just gotta be there.

Go DC!!!!!

How was the fish fry?? Couldn't go...hated it but had a kid with fever. DC does just fine with adjusting their game...if CPA wants to change it up..let em. Big players do not equal better players. DC has major chemistry with their players. Can play with the best of em.

It was great. Lots of fans (as usual), good food, the pep rally was great to with lots of cheering intro of the players, a Q and A session with the players and coaches. It was all good. A send off tommorrow for the guys at 1:00 at the school.

My daughter had AAU practice after the rally and CJ stuck around. Good conversation.

Go DC!!!!!

Alright, who said that they call their offense running?

"There is usually a reason teams slow it down, IT`S EASIER THAN RUNNING THE FLOOR"

What are you implying by this. You think your team is the only one that works hard? CPA doesn't "run the floor" because it does not fit their personnel, and it is not the style that the coach wants instill in his players. Both teams do what they are good at. And obviously if they have made it this far with the records they have, both styles are working just fine.

Points per game really doesn't matter, I think the Detroit Pistons and San Antonio Spurs have proved that...