Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAH DC deserved the win??? why? why dosent CPA deserve it? Is it because we are private school?? Really, cause if not then i dont see how DC deserves this win. The refs gave them the win, CPA deserved this win. Hahah i love how all of the predictions about how DC's speed will destroy CPA were so wrong. CPA deserved the win, and if we had had fair refs (if they actually exist), CPA woulvde won.

What does being a private school have to do with winning a game?

HAHAHAH DC deserved the win??? why? why dosent CPA deserve it? Is it because we are private school?? Really, cause if not then i dont see how DC deserves this win. The refs gave them the win, CPA deserved this win. Hahah i love how all of the predictions about how DC's speed will destroy CPA were so wrong. CPA deserved the win, and if we had had fair refs (if they actually exist), CPA woulvde won.

Right right right man you are an amazing poster!! So I guess you are one of those "our team does no wrong" type fans! CPA shouldn't have had any fouls! and CPA got robbed and CPA is the best team and DC shouldn't be in Friday's game! Everyone has heard this over and over! Give up! The outcome will not change no matter how much you "cry & complain"! DC won and CPA loss! Congrats on making it to state!

Congrats to DC for the win. By far the favorite in AA this year. This was a great game, certainly championship worthy. Congrats also to the Lions of CPA for a great season. It has been fun. Sadly ended short of your GOAL 03-15-08 but the effort was certainly there and very much appreciated and enjoyed. You carry yourselves as champions and I applaud you. Continue to work hard and improve towards next year's goal. Thanks to the three seniors for their leadership.

FBGIRL

I've enjoyed reading your posts this season from afar and you analysis of the game. Thanks.

This is the first that I have heard that anyone questioned the 3 point shot prior to the time out. The only 3 point shot that I have heard that was questioned was the last one as time ran out when the DC player had his foot several feet over the arc.

Clarification:

Reference to the shot hit at 6.9

The 3 point shot I have referred to is the initial one that was called prior to the time out.

Reference to the shot hit at buzzer

From my vantage point it did appear to be a 3, but I was not in position to make the call from 100 ft away.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Your intellegence radiates from your posts. The english programs in DC must be rockin'.

Dude, I don't live anywhere near DC. You've polluted the board with your silly adoubles posts. This is a sports post. Where I come from, we just grab your pencil thin wuss neck and beat the he-doublel out of you. You wanna talk b-ball, fine. You wanna talk your flower arranging, go to the Oprah channel. But, please just go away.

I was not at the game; here is what I have pieced together:

1. CPA hits 2 FTs with about 15 seconds left; CPA 68-64.

2. Dyer takes ball in and dribbles, passes for about 5-6 seconds, but clock starts late and only 2 seconds go off clock. Refs call TO; refs give ball to Dyer with 13 seconds left; but they do not take any time off the clock. It should be about 9 seconds left (approx).

3. Dyer gets ball in, shoots and misses a 3. Ball takes a bounce off rim, CPA player almost gets the rebound, Dyer player gets it, dribbles to the 3 area, and hits a 3 with 3.9 seconds left, calls TO. 3.7 seconds left. This play sequence took about 9 seconds, which is about right. The game should actually be over now. CPA 68-67.

4. Refs add 3.3 seconds to the clock. 7 seconds left.

5. CPA gets ball in and is fouled. Player hits 1-2 FTs. CPA up 69-67, with the ball in play.

6. Dyer dribbles down the court and shoots a desparation 3 at the buzzer with two players defending, and hits the 3. Dyer wins 70-69. Some witnesses say that his foot was halfway on the 3-pt line.

3 controversial calls against one team in the final 15 seconds. Two of these calls are blatant and grounds for a full and legitimate protest by one team (the calls regarding the time clock.)

Is this correct?

2. Dyer takes ball in and dribbles, passes for about 5-6 seconds, but clock starts late and only 2 seconds go off clock. Refs call TO; refs give ball to Dyer with 13 seconds left; but they do not take any time off the clock. It should be about 9 seconds left (approx).

3. Dyer gets ball in, shoots and misses a 3. Ball takes a bounce off rim, CPA player almost gets the rebound, Dyer player gets it, dribbles to the 3 area, and hits a 3 with 3.9 seconds left, calls TO. 3.7 seconds left. This play sequence took about 9 seconds, which is about right. The game should actually be over now. CPA 68-67.

5. CPA gets ball in and is fouled. Player hits 1-2 FTs. CPA up 69-67, with the ball in play.

6. Dyer dribbles down the court and shoots a desparation 3 at the buzzer with two players defending, and hits the 3. Dyer wins 70-69. Some witnesses say that his foot was halfway on the 3-pt line.

3 controversial calls against one team in the final 15 seconds. Two of these calls are blatant and grounds for a full and legitimate protest by one team (the calls regarding the time clock.)

Is this correct?

Yup.

Is this correct?

From CPA's point of view that would be a Yes! The only thing I know is that DC won! and that is all that matters!! As for the protest it has to happen at the time of the calls... and can't be done at the end of the game just because they lost! if it is brought up after the game is over then it WILL NOT change the outcome of the ball game!

Is this correct?

yep. I am not sure how long it takes to touch the ball in front half court about 5 feet from the half court line, dribble to the corner, pass it, dribble to the top of the key in only 1.6 seconds but DC and the clock operator should submit this to World Almanac. Clearly a correctable error by the refs but nothing was done. Then the refs add 3.1 seconds to the clock after the DC hits a 3 with 3.9 seconds left. Unbelivable!

Just curious why Dyer County deserved to win whether CPA likes it or not? I don't even know what you mean when you say "team play with questionable wins".

I can't believe that I am admitting to this one. But since you asked, I am not a DL fan, but I was at the triple overtime game, to hopefully see our deserving coach receive, " The Coach of the Year Award". Which he did receive and deserved. I personally saw "Z" slap the backboard after DL's shot which led to the ball falling off the rim. Personally, I don't care because I wanted DL to lose, but you guys are getting ridiculous with your whining. You have one more year to prevail over the rest of our district, but after that the slate is clean unless you guys bring in another"Z".