Chantel Poston (Milan)

nebuntyn

Chantel you are an awesome talent! You are not just a basketball player you are an athlete. I am a native of Indiana and your style of play will fit right in with hoosier hysteria. Keep your head up, because the state championship is just a preview for bigger and better things to come for you. I will be watching you at Purdue. Congratulations on a great high school career. It was a pleasure watching you at the state tournament.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This young lady is a great player and i really enjoyed watching her play! She is a great talent, and the question i had was why UT or some of the other SEC schools recruit this young lady? Anyone have any info on that? I have seen Alex Fuller play and this girl is definitely on her level without question. Just curious as to why she won't be playing in the SEC next year?

This young lady is a great player and i really enjoyed watching her play! She is a great talent, and the question i had was why UT or some of the other SEC schools recruit this young lady? Anyone have any info on that? I have seen Alex Fuller play and this girl is definitely on her level without question. Just curious as to why she won't be playing in the SEC next year?

Was this #43?

Some of them did, one of them had her and decided to do something different and I'll leave it at that. She is the most complete player that has come through West Tennessee in any class in some time and she will be a force in the Big Ten that is for sure. Even better though is that she is a tremendous kid off the court. She has been though alot and has kept her head on straight through it all and now her hard work has paid off for her in the form of a scholarship to Purdue. Congrats Chantel from your TN Wings family.......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

She's definately the best and most athletic girl I've seen from this area in quite some time..of course you have your players like Kaitlin Dudley, Kendal Cavin, Kayla Hudson, and even further back the Tiffany Adkins, Ashley Mcelhiney's (or however it's spelled), Jessica Henson's....But there's something about Chantel's athletic ability that just makes her a step above the rest of the field...how she didn't get Ms. Basketball is beyond me and IMO that came down to a political thing (no knock on Lashay Davis) but Chantel was clearly the best player I saw this year and the best from the past few years...Good Luck to her at Purdue!

She looked to me like a team player. She can jump out of the gym. Tennessee has signed 5 McDonald's All-Americans. That is probably why she isn't going there. I don't see why Vandy didn't recruit her.

It makes no sense for UT to me because watching UT is like watching a superstar in Parker with a bunch of average players that are very streaky. UT needs a girl that can take someone off the dribble, soar in the air, and nail a conteseted 15 foot jumper. I've never seen a girl shoot and hit so many contested jumpers than Chantel and look so smooth doing it.

A lot of things at the 'boro' didn't make sense to me this year. And not to take anything away from Davis, cause she's a pretty good player in her own right, but Poston wasn't just the best player in AA, but of all the classes this week. And the game between Milan and Upperman showed just who deserved to be named Ms Basketball. Poston played "D" on Davis for most of the game and did good shutting her down. But Poston was able to score at will. In fact, she might have been guilty of not trying to score more for herself. In fact, I'll say that she may be the best player that I have seen in quite a few years, if not ever. Glad we didn't have to play her. But, then, I wish we did.

A lot of things at the 'boro' didn't make sense to me this year. And not to take anything away from Davis, cause she's a pretty good player in her own right, but Poston wasn't just the best player in AA, but of all the classes this week. And the game between Milan and Upperman showed just who deserved to be named Ms Basketball. Poston played "D" on Davis for most of the game and did good shutting her down. But Poston was able to score at will. In fact, she might have been guilty of not trying to score more for herself. In fact, I'll say that she may be the best player that I have seen in quite a few years, if not ever. Glad we didn't have to play her. But, then, I wish we did.

Why do you continually answer questions with a negative comment about Davis?? Poston was not the only one quarding Davis. She was double and triple teamed but still managed to score 17 points. You must have seen her play one game and one game does not determine the best but i know the game before Davis had 30 points 11 rebounds 2 assists and 3 steals. I do not call that shutting someone down!!!! As far as team player, you will never meet a more unselfish player. You cannot judge a player by one game you have to follow that player for the season. Chantal was awesome!!!!!!! Good Luck to her!!!!! Remember it is an honor just to be nominated for Miss Basketball and I am proud of all three of these girls.

Everyone has to remember that Miss Basketball is a vote through the end of the regular season. All postseason play does not play a factor in the voting. They just choose to hand out the award at the state tournament.

I did not get a chance to see Davis play but Poston is a big time player.