Chattanooga Coaches Top 10 Poll Released

chattasoccer

Coaches Vote Baylor As Top Preseason Soccer Team

posted March 10, 2008

With games beginning on Monday of this week, Baylor was voted the top Chattanooga soccer team by area coaches.

McCallie was second and Notre Dame third.

CCS and Ooltewah were tied for fourth.

CSAS at Soddy-Daisy were set to face off on Monday. CCS plays at Red Bank on Tuesday.

CSAS vs Ooltewah is the other game this week with two ranked teams.

Chattanoogan.com Coaches Poll:

1. Baylor

2. McCallie

3. Notre Dame

4T. CCS

4T. Ooltewah

6. CSAS

7. Soddy-Daisy

8. Cleveland

9. Red Bank

10. McMinn County

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is Cleveland should be higher. Baylor at 1 and McCallie at 2 is good. I think Notre Dame lost some key players so they are kind of questionable at this point. They could be better than I think though. CCS looks about right where they are, but don't know much about Ooltewah. Good luck to all the teams.

Top 2 spots are no surprise as everyone thought Baylor would start out #1 and would be followed by McCallie. Was alittle surprised to see Notre Dame at 3. Thought this was a rebuilding year but I guess not. The rest looks about right. Glad to see my Red Bank Lions in the top 10. We play CCS tonight and hope that we can play it close and maybe win. Go Lions!

Should be a great year of soccer in the Chattanooga area. Top of the poll is what I think all expected pretty much with a talented Baylor team on top. Followed by a strong McCallie team. I don't know alot about Notre Dame yet and was alittle surprised to see them at 3rd....only because they lost alot of talent to graduation last year. But they must have alot of players to step up this year. CCS should also have a great year with alot of seniors....just a side note....I hope that David Wilson is improving. He is a class guy and he is in my prayers. CSAS answered some questions last night by beating Soddy Daisy. For soccer fans....this is most exciting time of the year!

CSAS doesn't match up well overall with a school that has the size and speed of Ooltewah but they will benefit because few A-AA teams will be able to bring comparable size and speed to a match. CSAS is playing a decent non-conference schedule this season (RedBank, Soddy, Ooltewah, Baylor, McCallie, Dalton, Murray County, McMinn County) that hopefully will benefit them when it comes to A-AA tournament time.

Exciting game to watch, congrats to Ooltewah - they should do really well this season.