Farragut and Dobyns-Bennett

ihavenofriendzz

Farragut 6

Emerald 0

Final

Dobyns-Bennett 3

Dutch Fork 1

Final

I'll update this post as I find out updates.

The other game from Farragut's group that was played today ended up with Eastside(SC)

defeating Lexington(SC) 3-2.

to answer the question about why it isn't in their schedule... I tried to put it in earlier this month, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. I put in all the info and everything then I guess it just didn't process correctly. Coulda been because I put it as a neutral site, but didn't pick a site, because the sites listed are in TN. not SC.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dutch fork has had some great teams in the past...top of the country good..and dobyns-bennet is very weak this year..one of the weaker teams in their conference

Dobyns-Bennett is truly an unknown this year. In 2007 DB had 24 players...11 seniors. That left 13. The 2008 team is nearly 50 strong with only Geno as a returning starter. Several former players returned after Coach Calvert took over in the fall. A full JV schedule and some quality games to play.

FYI - DB has beaten Dutch Fork 3-1, Clinton 10-0, Morristown East 4-0 & TN High 2-1 (close to 20 shots on goal that night)

Farragut and Dobyns-Bennett won their games today.

Tomorrow:

Dobyns-Bennett vs. Bishop England(SC) @ 3pm.

Farragut vs. Eastside(SC) @ 4pm.

Ihavenofriendzz, just curious... what does the school think about you guys missing this much school right after spring break? We would love to play in a tournament like this, but there would be no way that the school would go for it (especially because we have a junior/senior trip the week BEFORE spring break).

By the way, congrats on your wins. Good luck! Is there a chance you would see DB before the finals?

Welll over the past three years I have seen and played against alot of SC teams. And personally I would say that SC and TN are about even in the level of play. In this tournament there are some okay teams and good teams and GREAT teams. The teams that are consistently good that I would compare to like CAK, Catholic, Bearden, Farragut, Hendersonville, Brentwood, etc. are Spring Valley(SC), Fort Mill(sc), Northwestern(sc). These are the teams that compete for championships every year. I also know that the National Champion of last year was Greenville from SC and they beat all of those teams last year.

So basically I think that SC and TN are about even, one or the other being just slightly better on any given year.

Welll over the past three years I have seen and played against alot of SC teams. And personally I would say that SC and TN are about even in the level of play. In this tournament there are some okay teams and good teams and GREAT teams. The teams that are consistently good that I would compare to like CAK, Catholic, Bearden, Farragut, Hendersonville, Brentwood, etc. are Spring Valley(SC), Fort Mill(sc), Northwestern(sc). These are the teams that compete for championships every year. I also know that the National Champion of last year was Greenville from SC and they beat all of those teams last year.

So basically I think that SC and TN are about even, one or the other being just slightly better on any given year.

The National Champion? Most teams play in the Fall. I have often heard of teams in TN (and SC) labeling themselves as National Champions, when this is quite ridiculous. (They might be ranked champions of the 10 or so states that play in the spring, but in all actuality, there really are no "National Champions", especially since TN does not have near the talent or great teams in comparison to other states.

Try telling a HS from CA, TX, or PA that the National Champion was Greenville last year.

Pinball, this was not to slam you, but do you kinda understand what I am saying?