JUstin Blake

yankees8589

THE ESPN GRADING SYSTEM ON JUSTIN WAS GIVEN THE SUMMER OF HIS SOPHMORE TO JUNIOR YEAR, THROUGH THE YMOCA OF MEMPHIS, HIS SUMMER LEAGUE AAU TEAM. AT THAT TIME HE WAS 6'1'' AND AT DYERSBURG, SO FROM THEN TO NOW IT HAS NEVER BEEN CHANGED.

Thats insane....wonder what he would grade today if he graded that high back then...78 is pretty high!!!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Justin Blake for siging with Austin Peay along with Clarksville-area stand out Tyrone Caldwell and possibly all-state player Rayshawn Walker coming, the Peay looks to make another trip to the dance

Austin Peay lost three starters from this past year's team; Todd Babbington (G), Derek Wright (PG), and Fernandez Lockett (F). Coach Loos has some great talent coming into the program and Justin Blake is certainly talented. The position which will be most open, it seems to me, is at PG. I think Drake Reed (F), Kyle Duncan(G/F), Earnest Fields(F) and Wes Channels(G) are already a solid bet for four of the starting positions. A PG is what will be up for grabs unless Loos wants to go with a bigger lineup in which Duran Roberson or John Fraley will join those four. If he goes with a three guard lineup then Caleb Brown has some experience but Caldwell or Blake could get the nod. Loos could move Channels to PG and use Blake in the #2 slot. Of course, there are some other really good players coming in as well.

I am really intrigued with all the possibilities at Loos' disposal next year. I certainly think Blake will most definitely get to see playing time next year and I also think he will definitely be a starter at some point early in his collegient career. If all these talented Frosh coming in work hard, learn the offensive and defensive schemes, and adjust to the college game then all could see considerable PT next year (I think a few will be redshirted though). Many in the Gov Nation are already thinking next year's team will be better than this year's team.

Thats insane....wonder what he would grade today if he graded that high back then...78 is pretty high!!!!!

I have no idea..Haven't been on in a few days but saw this post from me..I work with Justin's uncle and must have left coacht up while on break and he poated this under my name..so I really have no idea when he was graded..what it is now..etc..As far as still being listed at Dyersburg..I was told that Chatt coaches asked if he had gotten their mail and he said no..That a few schools had been sending mail to Dyersburg..So..some schools may have saw Dyer Co but thought Dyersburg is in that county and that is who he plays for still..But..if some schools ..like the ESPN site thinks he still is at Dyersburg..makes you wonder if the mail was forwarded..or if maybe other schools may have been interested..Not saying that has happened but who knows?

I have no idea..Haven't been on in a few days but saw this post from me..I work with Justin's uncle and must have left coacht up while on break and he poated this under my name..so I really have no idea when he was graded..what it is now..etc..As far as still being listed at Dyersburg..I was told that Chatt coaches asked if he had gotten their mail and he said no..That a few schools had been sending mail to Dyersburg..So..some schools may have saw Dyer Co but thought Dyersburg is in that county and that is who he plays for still..But..if some schools ..like the ESPN site thinks he still is at Dyersburg..makes you wonder if the mail was forwarded..or if maybe other schools may have been interested..Not saying that has happened but who knows?

I wonder the same thing... do you think Dyersburg would send the mail to Dyer Co. for Justin? Too hard to tell with Deon (a pretty good guy, I think he might) but if it was still Brown he wouldn't!

I wonder the same thing... do you think Dyersburg would send the mail to Dyer Co. for Justin? Too hard to tell with Deon (a pretty good guy, I think he might) but if it was still Brown he wouldn't!

I would think so but I was told that about two weeks ago..so you never know..And with Dyersburg being in Dyer Co and pretty well looking like it could be the same school unless you really knew for sure..a lot of people may think Dyersburg and Dyer Co are the same schools or at least not catch the difference if they were just looking at it on paper....Was told Early Mon morning that Justin was committed to Austin Peay..Said the coach put him on a speaker phone with the other coaches..Was going to have a press conference but believe the Austin Peay coach was is San Antonio yesterday...I believe he did go ahead and told the Jackson Sun and a Nashville paper yesterday about why he picked Austin Peay so that's why I didn't comment earlier when someone said he heard he had committed to Austin Peay..Was going to wait for him to reveal his choice ...But..Coach Real does seem like a good guy...but you're right..Would Coach Brown have forwarded it?And what if it never made its way to Coach Real? Not saying it happened but was told that they didn't think Justin was getting his mail!

I would think so but I was told that about two weeks ago..so you never know..And with Dyersburg being in Dyer Co and pretty well looking like it could be the same school unless you really knew for sure..a lot of people may think Dyersburg and Dyer Co are the same schools or at least not catch the difference if they were just looking at it on paper....Was told Early Mon morning that Justin was committed to Austin Peay..Said the coach put him on a speaker phone with the other coaches..Was going to have a press conference but believe the Austin Peay coach was is San Antonio yesterday...I believe he did go ahead and told the Jackson Sun and a Nashville paper yesterday about why he picked Austin Peay so that's why I didn't comment earlier when someone said he heard he had committed to Austin Peay..Was going to wait for him to reveal his choice ...But..Coach Real does seem like a good guy...but you're right..Would Coach Brown have forwarded it?And what if it never made its way to Coach Real? Not saying it happened but was told that they didn't think Justin was getting his mail!

Earlier this year, I mentioned Austin Peay would be a great school for Justin and everyone jumped on my case about how they already have recruited Tyrone Caldwell and a few other guys... I was like so it still would be a good school.. and I wonder where those guys are now?? Usually when its a team player and mail gets sent to the school it usually goes to the coach, but being that Justin doesn't go to Dyersburg anymore so those letters (that may or may not have been sent to the wrong school) might have made it to the INFAMOUS FILE 13 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Earlier this year, I mentioned Austin Peay would be a great school for Justin and everyone jumped on my case about how they already have recruited Tyrone Caldwell and a few other guys... I was like so it still would be a good school.. and I wonder where those guys are now?? Usually when its a team player and mail gets sent to the school it usually goes to the coach, but being that Justin doesn't go to Dyersburg anymore so those letters (that may or may not have been sent to the wrong school) might have made it to the INFAMOUS FILE 13 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yup...I said it would be between Austin Peay and TN st......maybe I am just brilliant /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Austin Peay has definately landed 2 big players within the state. Tyrone Caldwell from Clarksville NE IS THE REAL DEAL! I loved watching him play. Justin should do well at Austin Peay. He will definately be able to shoot just as good if not better than most of the other players. If Austin Peay keeps landing these big players, we might be seeing them as one of the Cinderella teams in the NCAA Tournaments!

No disrespect to UTM ..but AP is on a different level than UTM.....UTM is making strides but not quite there. If UTM continues it current trend they could get there in 2 or 3 years..Maybe. AP recruits better players and most likely has a much larger recruiting budget than UTM....I don't know that to be a fact but I would bet on it. Compare the fitness centers and the Dunn Center to Sky Hawk arena and also compare the attendance figures and the quality of players top to bottom and you will notice that AP is by a wide margin a better basketball program than UTM. AP has been to 3 straight NCAA's to if i'm not mistaken and has the winningest coach in the OVC...I think. If your going to keep up with the Jones you must invest in facilities, increase recruiting budgets, and have a higher priority on basketball than UTM has in the past. Ever see those UTM games on channel 11...the ones where the arena always looks empty. Maybe UTM is turning the corner because Basketball have never been at the top of the list there.