Farragut Admirals

FHSstr8cash

Farragut beat Maryville 10-4 tonight. Matt Ramsey didn't have any of his pitches working and it looked as if his fastball was only about 85-87 tonight. He battled though and the Admiral offense bailed him out, getting 4 runs after Maryville's 3 run inning that had cut it to 5-4. Curt Powell returned tonight with a 4-4 performance with several RBI's. Cade Stallings hit an absolute bomb homerun that was about 390 feet to oppo field and Curt had one that left the park in about 3.4 seconds. Both absolutely mashed. And to the person who said this years team couldn't beat SD's team... This years team is 1000000000x better than last years and the offense is amazing. Ask anyone who has seen them play in person.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not doubting that they haven't improved. They are loaded with talent, but I still dont think that they would match up with last year's South Doyle team. SD had three guys that threw over 90 mph and a line-up that was explosive on offense. Everyone on their team could hit bombs. Farragut may be good...but they don't compare to that.

Farragut's whole starting lineup plus 3 other guys have hit homeruns this year. There are atleast 3 guys with 5 or more. Also, Farragut won tonight 11-1 over Heritage. Pfieffer allowed 2 hits and struckout 12 of 15 batters. Homeruns by Mac Thoreson, Nicky Delmonico, and a walkoff by Michael Williams in the bottom of the fifth.

Farragut has the best baseball program in Tennessee. Everyone else in their district is trying to catch up. Bearden has a great team this year. They are the only team in East Tennessee that will give Farragut a challenge.

Farragut is great in baseball because baseball is a way of life at that school. Farragut has a great coaching staff. Another thing that helps is most of those Farragut kids have played together for years. A bunch of those Farragut kids played for the Knoxville Thunder from the time they are little boys till high school. The Thunder plays teams all across the Southeast in travel baseball. Anyone who knows Travel Baseball knows how great those East Cobb Georgia teams are. Those Florida Travel teams are very strong. Playing those strong travel teams make those kids get better and better.

Farragut has the best baseball program in Tennessee. Everyone else in their district is trying to catch up. Bearden has a great team this year. They are the only team in East Tennessee that will give Farragut a challenge.

Farragut is great in baseball because baseball is a way of life at that school. Farragut has a great coaching staff. Another thing that helps is most of those Farragut kids have played together for years. A bunch of those Farragut kids played for the Knoxville Thunder from the time they are little boys till high school. The Thunder plays teams all across the Southeast in travel baseball. Anyone who knows Travel Baseball knows how great those East Cobb Georgia teams are. Those Florida Travel teams are very strong. Playing those strong travel teams make those kids get better and better.

congrats to the admirals keep rolling on

Heritage who?

Maryville who?

I am not doubting Farragut's talent at all. I have seen them play and they are impressive. But they win the games they are supposed to win. Let's face it folks, the only competition they have played is Bearden and Bearden v. Farragut is always a war no matter what sport it is.

If you are going to tout your record, have some scores against good teams.

Heritage who?

Maryville who?

I am not doubting Farragut's talent at all. I have seen them play and they are impressive. But they win the games they are supposed to win. Let's face it folks, the only competition they have played is Bearden and Bearden v. Farragut is always a war no matter what sport it is.

seriously?...it is all about playing hard and trying to win a game and they have done that and now you are putting their competition down?..who do you want them to play that they A. wont play or B. havent played

good job on a good season so far farragut but remember oakland had 1 loss all year til the sectional and got beat and they did not make state

Heritage who?

Maryville who?

if i were you armgdnman then i might take a look at the scores farragut has put up against all of their opponents cuase i've heard they run rule just about everyone they play

Maryville isn't a bad team at all. Heritage is better than they have been. William Blount is a pretty good team. If anyone is saying Farragut is good because of weak competition doesn't know what they are talking about. Farragut's region is one of the best in the state.

Maryville has several good wins this year. They also lost 2 close games to Bearden. Just because Farragut is so good doesn't mean the region is weak. I am a Rebel fan. I am not a fan of Farragut but I give credit where credit is due. Farragut is a darn good baseball team. They have a great program.