Reclassification 2009

riverrat

Ugh...this just made my head hurt. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I think I'm just gonna wait and see how it looks when they actually do it and have it listed down on paper and see who is in each class. Too much thinking involved for me in this one!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing rumors about some serious reclassifications coming to North East Tennessee that would involve three Greene County schools; Greeneville, Chuckey-Doak, and West Greene would all be in the same district. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Doesn't sound like much fun for the Buffs and Black Knights!

Can you believe there enrollments are all really close, except Greeneville can win many games in 4a and Chuckey-Doak and West Greene can't beat anyone but themselves in 2A!!!

Whatever the system is I bet Maryville isn't in the highest classification. They will avoid the big boys like the plaque.

r&b63 eye dont know if we can stay in 4A er knot. With tha numbur of transfers comin' in hits goin to be hard.....Butt we'll try..... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

So what happens if the top two teams from each region are classed for 5A in the playoffs? Who fills the spots in 4A? Are they all wildcards?a

From the way I read it, They would take those 32 teams & divide them right down the middle, the 16 largest going to the 5A play-off & the 16 smallest going to the 4A play-off & then they would do the same with the 32 wild card teams. Can someone clarify this for me?

I haven't read the proposed ideas. I should before I post. But my knee jerk thought is that we should devide the state up into geographical areas (3 would be too few and 10 would be too many for starters) and then go into each area and start parring. There would be many 4A and 5A schools in the same conference and I don't see a problem with that because I don't see a drastic difference in those two degrees of talent. And I guess that sounds like the old AAA system. And yes we should keep all sports within this management system. Now I'll go read and see what proposition my thought is closest to.

What are the concerns about the current system? It seems to be working well. With the exception of Maryville's dominance in 4A football. The classifications in football and all the other sports seem to be pretty competitive. I feel the multiplier is a fair way to deal with the advantage privates may have with unlimited zones. I would take it a step farther and apply it to any school public or private that accepts tuition students. Gosh if its not broken don't fix it.

Maryville will be in the top class unless H*** freezes over. I heard they have over 1500 students now. I also heard they like the Z plan or Q plan or whatever playoff plan they are going to because they want have to travel much.

What region will Maryville be in? They will either have to go to Chatt or Upper East Tenn. Man, that will ###### them off, cause the most they have gone in the last 10 years is Clinton.

What region will Maryville be in? They will either have to go to Chatt or Upper East Tenn. Man, that will ###### them off, cause the most they have gone in the last 10 years is Clinton.

Not so fast LMSFT. Eye wood prefer Chattanoogie. We like two eat at Sticky Fangers.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maryville will be 5A in 2009. I look forward to the challenge. As long as George Quarles and that great coaching staff are together I like Maryville's chances against anyone. Maryville's coaching staff is the best in the state bar none.

I will tell you one thing right now. Maryville High School Sports lives in Rednblack63 head. Rednblack63 is obsessed with Maryville just like Hitch the caller from Oak Ridge.