new coach for Independence

coloma20

Are you implying something by saying, "Without Haislip?" She is still at Independence, isn't she? Maybe I read that wrong.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Haislip was leaving. Independence is a very ordinary team without Hailslip, really indistinguishable from Franklin or Page or most of the other Williamsom County teams. I was trying to say that Riverdale is consistently better than all Williamson County teams including Brentwood.

If we were talking about girls soccer, any Rutherford County coach would love to coach a Williamson County team.

I hope this clairfies.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Haislip was leaving. Independence is a very ordinary team without Hailslip, really indistinguishable from Franklin or Page or most of the other Williamsom County teams. I was trying to say that Riverdale is consistently better than all Williamson County teams including Brentwood.

If we were talking about girls soccer, any Rutherford County coach would love to coach a Williamson County team.

I hope this clairfies.

Chad Hall would be a great hire.

I hope this clairfies.

Independence is only going to benefit from being in a weaker district. Depending on the new coach, we will not be able to know how they will be. If Haislip is there all teams are going to stay on her and that may be enough to shut them down depending on how good the player or players are that will be guarding her. So INDY should finish 4th or could drop depending on the coach(in my opinion). Any ideas on a coach or players that are coming in??

Independence is only going to benefit from being in a weaker district. Depending on the new coach, we will not be able to know how they will be. If Haislip is there all teams are going to stay on her and that may be enough to shut them down depending on how good the player or players are that will be guarding her. So INDY should finish 4th or could drop depending on the coach(in my opinion). Any ideas on a coach or players that are coming in??

Things have been pretty quiet on a new coach for Independence. Rumblings has Williams from Ravenwood joining Maxwell at Riverdale. Anyone know how the search for the new Independence coach is progressing?

I'm Sure Coach Henry will be getting some good advice out there. This should be a great job for this Williamson county school

Franklin, Ravenwood, Centennial, and Independence coaching jobs are still open. Are WCS schools being looked at as less than desireable positions?

Franklin, Ravenwood, Centennial, and Independence coaching jobs are still open. Are WCS schools being looked at as less than desireable positions?

In some sense, no. Everyone wants to teach and coach in an environment where the facilities are good and where money is not an issue.

I will say, however, many coaches need more job security than what Williamson County offers. To pick up and move your family only to be let go after two or three years is a chance many coaches can't make.

He was the assistant girls coach at Brentwood High School last year, he already taught at FHS.

Cannot recall his name though....

I think it is Stan Eggleston. Was the boys JV and varsity assistant coach at Dobyns-Bennett for years. He was a great player at Emory and Henry College in the late 80's. It will be a great hire for FHS.

In some sense, no. Everyone wants to teach and coach in an environment where the facilities are good and where money is not an issue.

I will say, however, many coaches need more job security than what Williamson County offers. To pick up and move your family only to be let go after two or three years is a chance many coaches can't make.

This is a very good post and explains the situation from a coaching point of view. Williamson County evidently can supply their needs by selectiing using other criteria and does not have to. It reallyis a supply and demand situation. Brentwood High School has got it right in their athletic program and have had winning programs. The rest of the County does not seem to know how to keep coaches and their value. They are placing their emphasis elsewhere which has seemed to work or more parents and fans would have complained.

Evidently filling seats in the large facilities and the expense of not doing so can be absorbed by Williamson County taxpayers.