What Happened to Lexington Did they eat there words?

Ctownfootball

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Job by the hawks!!!!!!!! Lexington is a great baseball team with great coaching and support. Fine people, and good high school baseball atmosphere. Good luck to both teams in the tourny, and make your teammates and coaches proud. Nobody else matters. PLay hard or go to the house.

I haven't heard the Tigers really bragging too much to be truthful with you. For a team that has recently been ranked #1 in the state I think THEIR(check your grammar) attitude has been very subdued. A question that I want to pose to SouthSide is did you really break someone's winning streak when you 'won' in such a questionable fashion? Just curious

I haven't heard the Tigers really bragging too much to be truthful with you. For a team that has recently been ranked #1 in the state I think THEIR(check your grammar) attitude has been very subdued. A question that I want to pose to SouthSide is did you really break someone's winning streak when you 'won' in such a questionable fashion? Just curious

im sorry but i have to disagree they have been bragging even before the season started. check some of the topics...

I didn't see this one coming. Who pitched for each team. I don't know much about Southside, but I would've lost money if I had to bet on this one. What happened with Odle and the umpire?

McPherson pitched for Lexington and Plemons for South Side . Lexington had some very costly errors in the field that could have made a big difference in the outcome. Questionable strike zone went against both teams ,but in the end South Side got the win . Lexington better re-focus real quick , Milan comes to town Friday , Monday is @ Bolivar then Tuesday Bolivar travels to L-town , then @ Bartlett Saturday . that bad taste a loss can give you will motivate these Tigers ,,,, I hope

Final score was 10 to 6. No matter what anyone says the streak was broken by the Hawks....Unless the score is overturned(thats not going to happen) . The streak gets broken but instead of giving the other team credit just accuse the umps and hawks of cheating /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The Hawks won fair and square!!!!!!!!!! just curious..has Lexington ever won a game on questionable calls????? of course not!!!!! Lexington wins fair and square but can only be beat if the other team gets help from the umps... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

#1 in their respective class. Not to be confused with #1 in the state regardless of classification.

Final score was 10 to 6. No matter what anyone says the streak was broken by the Hawks....Unless the score is overturned(thats not going to happen) . The streak gets broken but instead of giving the other team credit just accuse the umps and hawks of cheating /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> The Hawks won fair and square!!!!!!!!!! just curious..has Lexington ever won a game on questionable calls????? of course not!!!!! Lexington wins fair and square but can only be beat if the other team gets help from the umps... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What was the argument about? Why would there be a possibility of the score being overturned because of questionable calls? I wasn't at the game, but I heard something about a rulebook being torn up or something. I'm guessing the argument wasn't concerning balls and strikes or any other judgement calls.

Oh well. I guess the streak can now RIP.

Now just start a new one that ends the Friday or Saturday before Memorial Day.

What was the argument about? Why would there be a possibility of the score being overturned because of questionable calls? I wasn't at the game, but I heard something about a rulebook being torn up or something. I'm guessing the argument wasn't concerning balls and strikes or any other judgement calls.

I was joking...the score will not be overturned. I was only making the point that the win counts regardless of what people think and the Jackson SS should get credit. Seems like the Lexington coach has to be the center of attention no matter who they play. I have a friend from Chester County that said he showed his rear end against them as well. I guess he thinks acting this way makes him look like a big league manager...I think it makes him look foolish. Here is the article from the Jackson Sun. This is funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

South Side designated hitter Jordan Haskins said he's never quite waited through such a tantrum before stepping to the plate.

The several minutes standing around were worth it.After watching Lexington coach Terry Odle rip pages out of his rule book, kick dirt and argue to no avail because of a disagreement over whether Haskins could reenter the game, the junior quickly ended all the nonsense.

He hit a three-run home run to dead center, and the Hawks held on to beat previously unbeaten Lexington 10-6.

The Tigers entered the game 22-0.

"I love hitting under pressure," Haskins said of his fourth home run this season. "That just made it even better."The homer with two outs in the fifth inning made it 8-2, and it finished the scoring for South Side (13-7, 5-3 in District 12-AA) in the inning.

The five runs in the fifth blew open the game, which wasn't close again until Lexington (22-1, 7-1) scored four in the top of the seventh inning.

The argument - like one you see a minor league manager make once or twice a year on YouTube - didn't change the outcome of the game, Odle said.

"Baseball's a game of momentum," said Odle, who added his rule book ripping was an original move he came up with. "That's why I came out and acted like (former New York Yankees manager and dirt-kicker) Billy Martin, trying to stop momentum. Of course, it didn't work."

His team was outplayed by the Hawks, just like when Lexington outplayed South Side in the teams' meeting last Saturday in Lexington. The Tigers won that game 14-2 in five innings.

This time, South Side had things going right.

"Our guys got their feelings hurt last Saturday," South Side coach Johnny Growe said. "I think our guys just came out a little more prepared."

Starter Bubba Plemons (4-1) pitched well for most of the game, overcoming control issues early to control Lexington's offense for much of the game.

The senior said he was tired by the seventh, approaching his 100th pitch of the game.

"I just lost it," he said. "I was out of gas and just trying to hopefully get them to hit a pop up or ground ball to get out of that inning.

"I was really wanting this opportunity to pitch against them since they always brag they're the best. I want to pitch against the best."

South Side players were pleased to be the group to spoil the Tigers' perfect season.

"Beating a 22-0 team," said South Side's Wil Masoud, who hit a two-run homer to left in the sixth, "it felt good."

The Hawks entered the game having played poorly in their last few games. Wednesday, Masoud said the group came out and played as a team.

That was the difference for South Side in the two outings against Lexington.

Lexington still is one of the best but won't end the season unbeaten.

"We had a good run while it lasted, and we're just going to get better from it," Odle said. "It's been a long time since they've lost... it's been a while since they've had that feeling in their gut."

- Matthew Borenstein, 425-9636