Class 1A: Region 5 Favorites

2008 Champion!  

300 members have voted

1. 1. 2008 Champion!

Now Wait A Darn Minute.... Don't Ya Dare Touch My Vittles.

I'm just saying be careful of the anti-women talk you never know when it can come back on you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Plus your planning on eating at hooters tomorrow. Just a hop, skip, and jump from my office.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if yall dont mind me asking how does every team in region 5 look this year?....All ive heard is that jo byrns, forrest, and cascade are all at the top while us down here in region 6 have no clue whos in first...

Well you know that you are going to get several different opinions. Jo Byrns and Cascade are both tied for 1st with 5-0 records so the week nine game appears to be for the championship so far but there is a lot of football to play. We have a very strong eagleville team to play Friday. Cascade has Forrest. Each team in playoff contention has different strengths. So far Cascade has had the proficient offense but Jo Byrns has the stingy defense. Hope that helps what about region 6.

Well if yall dont mind me asking how does every team in region 5 look this year?....All ive heard is that jo brynes, forrest, and cascade are all at the top while us down here in region 6 have no clue whos in first...

Cascade and Jo Byrns are currently tied for first with 5-0 records while McEwen and Forrest are tied for third with 4-1 records. Here is a link to our region standings to date:

Current Region 5 Standings as of Oct. 2nd

Well you know that you are going to get several different opinions. Jo Byrns and Cascade are both tied for 1st with 5-0 records so the week nine game appears to be for the championship so far but there is a lot of football to play. We have a very strong eagleville team to play Friday. Cascade has Forrest. Each team in playoff contention has different strengths. So far Cascade has had the proficient offense but Jo Byrns has the stingy defense. Hope that helps what about region 6.

Well this week Columbia academy, moore county, MTP, collinwood, and us are all tied for 1st, CW plays MTP this week so that should be a very important game...also CA plays MC which will be an important game...but the teams as individuals...MTP has a balanced attack with which the give their HUGE fb the ball...CW has a very strong run game but their defensive line is very small, Ca ran for over 240 on them...CA has a good team and their defense isnt half bad...WC our defense seems to get stronger every week but our offense is a little touchy in spots, penalties have killed probably over 10 scoring drives...MC they run the ball very well but when we played them it was pouring rain so i dont really know about the pass, their o and d lines are kinda big too....

And also what has happened to White-House Heritage? I mean they got 3rd in yalls region last year...

Well this week Columbia academy, moore county, MTP, collinwood, and us are all tied for 1st, CW plays MTP this week so that should be a very important game...also CA plays MC which will be an important game...but the teams as individuals...MTP has a balanced attack with which the give their HUGE fb the ball...CW has a very strong run game but their defensive line is very small, Ca ran for over 240 on them...CA has a good team and their defense isnt half bad...WC our defense seems to get stronger every week but our offense is a little touchy in spots, penalties have killed probably over 10 scoring drives...MC they run the ball very well but when we played them it was pouring rain so i dont really know about the pass, their o and d lines are kinda big too....

And also what has happened to White-House Heritage? I mean they got 3rd in yalls region last year...

I have absolutely no idea that school is in the same county as Jo Byrns and they were expecting to challenge for the region crown this year. It is shocking to say the least They are 0-4 in region play so far. I really haven't got an answer they are big up front and appeared to have all the weapons. They could still get it turned around I just don't know because we haven't played them yet. Sounds to me that MTP is still very good they have some let down after Marco left although they had another player on the team that just gave us fits other than Marco.

I doubt even the great Moto can pull off a feat like getting his wife to cook for a lowly Cascade fan...... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I could get her to cook for you but you'd miss the game; she's gotta work all day and dinner wouldn't be ready til 6:30-7 depending on what you want to eat. Our best bet is to go eat at a restaurant. I've not seen any JB fans grill before the game so I don't know if we could even do that.

I could get her to cook for you but you'd miss the game; she's gotta work all day and dinner wouldn't be ready til 6:30-7 depending on what you want to eat. Our best bet is to go eat at a restaurant. I've not seen any JB fans grill before the game so I don't know if we could even do that.

You know now that you mention it I haven't seen anyone grill either but I guess it would be frowned on because it would take money away from the concession stand and we've still got to pay for the new bleachers and the fields. There a couple of houses close by to have a tailgate party at though.

WHH "got lucky" last year!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />