Bradley's Casteel Commits to UT

baconbreath

Bradley Central's Ryan Casteel has commited to play baseball for the Tennessee Volunteers. He'll sign in the early signing period in November with Head Coach Todd Raleigh. Casteel was also being courted heavily by Auburn and other SEC schools including Kentucky, LSU and Vanderbilt.

The 6'1", 190 lb, Casteel bats and throws right. He was hitting .529 with 9 homers and 52 RBI's before slugging two more 2-run homers in the Bears' Friday game vs. Coffee County. His pitching record is 4-1 including the win in that same game. He has been invited to play in the East Coast Showcase in Dayton, OH, as well as the Area Code games.

Best of luck to Ryan!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley Central's Ryan Casteel has commited to play baseball for the Tennessee Volunteers. He'll sign in the early signing period in November with Head Coach Todd Raleigh. Casteel was also being courted heavily by Auburn and other SEC schools including Kentucky, LSU and Vanderbilt.

The 6'1", 190 lb, Casteel bats and throws right. He was hitting .529 with 9 homers and 52 RBI's before slugging two more 2-run homers in the Bears' Friday game vs. Coffee County. His pitching record is 4-1 including the win in that same game. He has been invited to play in the East Coast Showcase in Dayton, OH, as well as the Area Code games.

Best of luck to Ryan!

I watched this kid at a showcase at Lee University this past summer and he is by far the best high school player i have ever seen.

I watched this kid at a showcase at Lee University this past summer and he is by far the best high school player i have ever seen.

I agree he sounds like a teriffic player and will likely be drafted but isn't "by far" a little too much, considering the players who've come out of the Cleveland-Chattanooga area the last few years?

Seen both play,sorry Kyler doesn't stand up to the Casteel kid, he's a man in a boys body

Played against both of them, Kyler was better his senior year than Casteel is now... both can smash though..and Casteel will most likely be better than Kyler was in his senior year about a yr from now.

It's not the part where you're saying he's a great player, there's no doubt, it's the by far part. Especially when you compare to him to the 35th overall pick from a couple of years ago (Burke) and also a player who hit .400 as a freshman in the SEC (Brandon Turner from Walker Valley).