State AAA!

pseudophobia

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracket

This may help.

it appears it is the even numbered district team.

This is what it says at the bottom, I have to say not a big fan of this rule.

"If a district winner from a district that is to host the regional finals is defeated, the district runner-up from that district shall host the regional finals. (Example: If it is district 2's time to host the region and the district 2 winner is defeated, the district 2 runner-up (provided that team wins) shall host the regional finals. If both teams from district are defeated in the regional semi-final games, the district 1 winner shall host the regional finals.) "

I find it interesting that no one is really talking about Maryville. They lost to Bearden in the regular season but won when it counted and knocked a really good Bearden team out of district play. Maryville had the same overall record and a better district record than Bearden.

About that H'ville loss to Bearden that was a total anomaly. H'ville lost 3 starters in the first half of the first half (both strikers and an anchor on defense and set pieces). Bearden was just better on a very sloppy field. The field was killing guys even Bearden lost one of their young stars to an ACL or MCL tear near the end of the game.

I find it interesting that no one is really talking about Maryville. They lost to Bearden in the regular season but won when it counted and knocked a really good Bearden team out of district play. Maryville had the same overall record and a better district record than Bearden.

About that H'ville loss to Bearden that was a total anomaly. H'ville lost 3 starters in the first half of the first half (both strikers and an anchor on defense and set pieces). Bearden was just better on a very sloppy field. The field was killing guys even Bearden lost one of their young stars to an ACL or MCL tear near the end of the game.

Maryville goes down tonight because their strength is control. They control the ball well but forecast has rain all night in the east. Unless it is postponed, they lose. Farragut is much more creative with the talent they have and the wet field shouldn't affect that as much. Just poor timing. If I'm Maryville's coach, I'm pushing to reschedule.

With regard to Hville and Bearden, Hville did lose 3 players but that is part of it. I thought Hville played well despite the 6 goals but Bearden was better on that field on that day. The key now is that Bearden is done and Hville has a minimum of two games remaining. That seems more significant at this point.

the game between Farragut and Maryville is tomorrow (Friday). As far as I know. I guess the field could still be wet. Farragut doesn't have the greatest football field, but as some have pointed out. Knox West's is worse. haha

OOPS /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" thought it was tonight. I'll still go will Farragut either way.

Maryville goes down tonight because their strength is control. They control the ball well but forecast has rain all night in the east. Unless it is postponed, they lose. Farragut is much more creative with the talent they have and the wet field shouldn't affect that as much. Just poor timing. If I'm Maryville's coach, I'm pushing to reschedule.

With regard to Hville and Bearden, Hville did lose 3 players but that is part of it. I thought Hville played well despite the 6 goals but Bearden was better on that field on that day. The key now is that Bearden is done and Hville has a minimum of two games remaining. That seems more significant at this point.

No argument here. Bearden was definitely better under the conditions given and that is always part of it. I know Maryville has their hands full but if they lose tomorrow and win their first round of the region won't they get another shot at Faragut?

thats assuming that maryville beats knox west tuesday night and farragut beats oak ridge, then yes they would get another shot.

Hey P money...isnt that assuming you beat Oak Ridge tomorrow night? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> cocky much?

Knightman and Hvillefootball, you two have soo much confidence in a hendersonville team that got murdered 6-2 to bearden. Have you all beaten any top notch teams to consider yourself even capable of competing in the AAA state tournament? Don't get me wrong you make good excuses for losing to bearden and you can beat the below par teams, but when you play good teams whats going to be your excuse then?

If any Bearden fans still want to watch some soccer, they can /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> up to Hendersonville, because they are actually still playing.

If any Bearden fans still want to watch some soccer, they can /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> up to Hendersonville, because they are actually still playing.

Cocky, BUT a good one! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />