Thomas Greer

yankees8589

Everyone got abused on WC that night. Russell Avery dominated Greer in every aspect that night. I am not saying he is not good. He will go on to be a college player and he has the ability to be a good college player. We played them twice this past season I have seen him first hand, I know what he does and how he plays. His height allows him to do things most kids can't. He got out of control many times and we drew charges or made him throw it away. He did score 20+ the first time the next game we did better and he was in the teens. However he turned it over 3+ times each game. I think he has a major upside his dad has a great knowledge of the game and he is a player.

I can never state my opionion here people always coming back with what they know or who thay have talked to. I see what I see. Believe it or not I do know something about basketball and players.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone got abused on WC that night. Russell Avery dominated Greer in every aspect that night. I am not saying he is not good. He will go on to be a college player and he has the ability to be a good college player. We played them twice this past season I have seen him first hand, I know what he does and how he plays. His height allows him to do things most kids can't. He got out of control many times and we drew charges or made him throw it away. He did score 20+ the first time the next game we did better and he was in the teens. However he turned it over 3+ times each game. I think he has a major upside his dad has a great knowledge of the game and he is a player.

I can never state my opionion here people always coming back with what they know or who thay have talked to. I see what I see. Believe it or not I do know something about basketball and players.

I saw him last weekend in an AAU tournement and he looked very very good to me. He plays with the midstate ballerz suth 16u team. Greer has good range, deceptive sdeed , good hops, good handles, can create his own shot, and greaqt hustle.To have two years left of highschool and this season and next of AAU is going to really raise Greers stock. He will be mid-major no doubt but could go higher.Two years is along way. People need to remember he was only a sophmore last year. Greer will no doubt be one of the top players in the state his senior year. I beleive you know about basketball and players, so do I. I wasn't complaining or questioning your judgement I was just saying Greer is going to be special. And I do beleive he will be a Mr Basketball finalist maybe this season and might win it his senoir year. I beleive Greer will dominate his district and outside his district.

You're right ..I was at that game and Lake Co and Avery did abuse them..Could have been a lot worse had Whitby chose to do so that night..I remember he did score most of their points but shot a lot..But..it could have just been one of those games and he could have improved and maybe put on a little weight..But..I'm with you..based on what I saw on the night I was there..may have been a 3rd team all-district performer in our district..May could have made it to the 2nd team but doubtful..

Thomas Greer can play, he would be an All District player in 14A this past year. He was the best player in their district last year. We played most of there district teams last year and he impressed me more than any other player n their district. He will be a good college player and will sign with a bigger college than any player out of 14A this past year. 14A has the better teams every year but there arent many players in 14A that go to any larger schools than NAIA.

Thomas Greer will be OVC or maybe an even bigger school.

Greer did coach at Obion Central...Either all of two seasons and three or four games of the third or three years and three or four games into the 4th year....Russ Davis,who is the baseball coach at OC now,replaced Greer..Then came Barry Jones and now Bill Kail...

didnt know that...what year was that

Thomas Greer can play, he would be an All District player in 14A this past year. He was the best player in their district last year. We played most of there district teams last year and he impressed me more than any other player n their district. He will be a good college player and will sign with a bigger college than any player out of 14A this past year. 14A has the better teams every year but there arent many players in 14A that go to any larger schools than NAIA.

Thomas Greer will be OVC or maybe an even bigger school.

I believe Greer could go SEC to a Miss. State or a Ole Miss. He will definately be good enough for OVC in my opinion. Warmachine and bigster, you've got to realize that the Lake Co. versus West Carroll game was 1 on 5. West Carroll does not have much at all outside of Greer. Lake Co. was a very good team this year and would've won West Carroll's district with ease. I'm telling you, I saw this kid this weekend in Dickson while he was playing on a team with 4 other STAR players on the floor and he showed his talent! He was burying three's, making steals all over the court, even blocked a to-be dunk against a bigger player than him. His hops are there, his shot is there, his speed is almost there (he's still pretty quick), and he's legit. He'll be overlooked due to the fact he plays at West Carroll and that will prevent him from a Mr. Basketball nomination over the next 2 years. I guarantee you if Greer was playing at a school over in Jackson EVERYONE would be talking about the kid. The exposure is not there in Atwood. Greer, if you read any of this on here, keep it up! You're a heck of a player and just keep on ballin'!

I believe Greer could go SEC to a Miss. State or a Ole Miss. He will definately be good enough for OVC in my opinion. Warmachine and bigster, you've got to realize that the Lake Co. versus West Carroll game was 1 on 5. West Carroll does not have much at all outside of Greer. Lake Co. was a very good team this year and would've won West Carroll's district with ease. I'm telling you, I saw this kid this weekend in Dickson while he was playing on a team with 4 other STAR players on the floor and he showed his talent! He was burying three's, making steals all over the court, even blocked a to-be dunk against a bigger player than him. His hops are there, his shot is there, his speed is almost there (he's still pretty quick), and he's legit. He'll be overlooked due to the fact he plays at West Carroll and that will prevent him from a Mr. Basketball nomination over the next 2 years. I guarantee you if Greer was playing at a school over in Jackson EVERYONE would be talking about the kid. The exposure is not there in Atwood. Greer, if you read any of this on here, keep it up! You're a heck of a player and just keep on ballin'!

Good Post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Greer made the ALL TOURNEMENT team as well.

I am not saying he won't go to a D1 school, he is a player and will continue to develop. He should add weight and get a consistent set shot.

Read people. I don't think he is SEC but he will go mid major maybe higher. Again my opinion. I guess I should just shut up and get out of basketball I never know what I am talking about. I guess when CJ Crittendon was an eight grader and I told him in a few years he would be playing for a state championship I was just lucky. Or when I told teh Coaches at UTM about Justin Blake before he became eligible at DC that they should jump on him fast I was crazy and they had never heard of him. Or when a last year state championship team asked me to be an assistant.

With that being said I hope you guys will keep me updated because I am going out of the country for at least a year. I will be in Asia and their are some kids here I have coached at some point that I would like have accurate updates on.

Later

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Greer's father Mike, who is now the coach at West Carrol replaced the famed Jimmy Whitby at Obion Central in the early part of the decade. He coached three or four years before non-performance pushed him out. Thomas actually is a product of the Obion County system. He played junior high ball at Hillcrest with soon-to-be Senior OC standout Nick Gilliam. Could you imagine Thomas still being in the county at Central playing alongside Gilliam. Those two would be unstoppable!

Yes Greer's father Mike, who is now the coach at West Carrol replaced the famed Jimmy Whitby at Obion Central in the early part of the decade. He coached three or four years before non-performance pushed him out. Thomas actually is a product of the Obion County system. He played junior high ball at Hillcrest with soon-to-be Senior OC standout Nick Gilliam. Could you imagine Thomas still being in the county at Central playing alongside Gilliam. Those two would be unstoppable!

Yea...Think about this too...This team could have also had Blake Davis and Logan Parker(both played at Dyersburg last season) as well last season,had they stayed at OC...Greer,Gilliam,Davis,Parker,Gibson,Lee,Harner,Owen,Smith and Boucher..Not a bad 10 man rotation...

yes Greer is a very talented player... i've seen him myself on several occasions... good size for a guard who can shoot and handle the ball.. NAIA definately. OVC quite possibly if he keeps improving. but the SEC? come on you can't be telling me that u can see him trying to match up and guard a chris lofton or a shan foster (although neither of those are in school anymore you get my point). averaging twenty points a game is no easy feet but do you honestly think he would be doing that against the union city's and the dyer county's? no doubt he has talent... more than most around here.. but what sets him apart from all the other really good players around here that never got a shot?