Bearden Bulldogs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole-Boi (with all due respect) is way off the mark...Devin will be starting RB,DB and Kick returner.

i hope he does do well, but imo i think he's a year away mainly due to body maturity. who knows though, it will be fun to see what happens this fall though.

I'd like to mention a sophomore at farragut named Montrey Hudson, who is starting RB behind the best offensive lineman in Tennesee, Will Jackson. Montrey is 5'8, 190, and he benches about 335 and squats about 425, and runs a 4.6. This kid is better than Devrin for sure. I dont care how fast and quick Devrin is but a 150 pound running back is gonna get the job done after he gets crushed a few times, I dont expect to see a 150 pound back running over line backer. Now Montrey Hudson on the other hand in stronger and faster than most line backers in tennessee, and he has Will Jackson blocking for him. The way you talk about Devrin you make him seem better than Andre Sterling from last year. I'm sorry but there is no way Devrin is the best back in Tennessee.

Yeah, losing 27 seniors, that hurts. Bearden will not be as strong, but will be very respectable. Sensenbaugh at DB may be better, he has proved himself at the varsity level too.

Bearden had a running back last year that was 5'9" and 160lbs, he rushed for over 1900 yards too with 4.7 forty speed. He didn't get crushed in 5A ball.

I promiss you one thing this 5'7" 150 pounder is the real deal. A defense can't tackle what it can't catch. You can't name 5 guys in 1-5a that can catch him.

5 guys?

Here-

Justin Sylvester- Dobyns-Bennett

Isaac Kinley- Science Hill

Christian McFall- Jefferson County

Enrique Porter- Knox Karns

Skylar Dejesus- Science Hill

All 5 could make a tackle on anyone in the region, and while they might not run past him, they can hang with him. Leave it to guys from last season's region to run past him: Lane Dukart, KR-WR for DB last season, fastest kid i've ever covered and even smaller than the Bearden kid. Solomon Duanah, not the smartest, but pound for pound the fastest back in the league last season and a track standout himself. Somebody said Bearden's not the type of school to play freshmen? If the kid is as good as everybody thinks, then they would have played him. Its that simple.

5 guys?

Somebody said Bearden's not the type of school to play freshmen? If the kid is as good as everybody thinks, then they would have played him. Its that simple.

Its this simple...Bearden had Tory Works ad Shawn Cunningham for RB's last season. Work was a 2 yr starter, All-State, Senior, and rushed for over 1900 yards last season. Cunningham was another senior who was a very good RB too. Could have been anybody else's starter, except for Farragut, in the region.

In the 80's and early 90's the San Francisco 49ers had a player by the name of Steve Young, that did not play very much. Why? Because they had a guy bythe name of Joe Montana, that was better. They groomed Steve for yrs, invested in the furture and he was very successful.

Last yr as a Freshman, Works and Cunningham, were head over heels better than Devrin. There was no reason to put him on the field. They kept him in the freahmen ranks to learn thier system.

This will be the last comment, I make in this forum about this. I feel like, I am beating my head against a wall.

I hope everyone and every team has a stand out season. I look forward to the competion. Good Luck to everyone. If Devrin is a bust this yr or any other yr. I will take my lumps like a man. If he is as good as I think he is, take your lumps like a man.

I'm out..Never to return..(To the "Bearden Bulldog" Forum until after the first game.)

Its this simple...Bearden had Tory Works ad Shawn Cunningham for RB's last season. Work was a 2 yr starter, All-State, Senior, and rushed for over 1900 yards last season. Cunningham was another senior who was a very good RB too. Could have been anybody else's starter, except for Farragut, in the region.

In the 80's and early 90's the San Francisco 49ers had a player by the name of Steve Young, that did not play very much. Why? Because they had a guy bythe name of Joe Montana, that was better. They groomed Steve for yrs, invested in the furture and he was very successful.

Last yr as a Freshman, Works and Cunningham, were head over heels better than Devrin. There was no reason to put him on the field. They kept him in the freahmen ranks to learn thier system.

This will be the last comment, I make in this forum about this. I feel like, I am beating my head against a wall.

I hope everyone and every team has a stand out season. I look forward to the competion. Good Luck to everyone. If Devrin is a bust this yr or any other yr. I will take my lumps like a man. If he is as good as I think he is, take your lumps like a man.

I'm out..Never to return..(To the "Bearden Bulldog" Forum until after the first game.)

Point taken. Torey and Shawn did alot for last season's team. BUT, TO BE FAIR, we'll put the young buck on the list of players to WATCH.

• 3 weeks later...

With all due respect you will not see Devrin starting when the dawgs play their first game as RB or DB

with all due respect he is the starter at both....and has been outstanding......ask coach taylor or go and see the KIL preview...adn watch the Jamboree film on monday....

in scrimmages he has scored 4 tds and had an Int....in limted work last night he had 3 carries for about 40 yards and broke a 20-25 yd run........

he is the real deal...

the deverin young kid is good, but he will only play in spots because his body isn't mature enough yet. he'll wreck shop in jv and play sparingly in varsity games, but he will not be the bulldogs go to guy. they have a sr running back (sapp i think) who is very capable of taking over where works left off. the best case for the young kid is to return kicks and punts, maybe some db depending on how tough he is and/or get 5-10 touches on offense per game. that's best case scenario. he is only about 5'6/150 and that's generous as far as weight. he's rocked up for a sophomore, but he probably won't be ready until next yr.

he isnt even playing JV......he got 20touches in scrimmage against Mo East....he is ready this year...where are you getting your info...they are giving you some bad info..

with all due respect he is the starter at both....and has been outstanding......ask coach taylor or go and see the KIL preview...adn watch the Jamboree film on monday....

in scrimmages he has scored 4 tds and had an Int....in limted work last night he had 3 carries for about 40 yards and broke a 20-25 yd run........

he is the real deal...

he isnt even playing JV......he got 20touches in scrimmage against Mo East....he is ready this year...where are you getting your info...they are giving you some bad info..

by the way Coach Taylor has said he is more of a playmaker than ANYBODY they had last year including Works and Holliday...

I'd like to mention a sophomore at farragut named Montrey Hudson, who is starting RB behind the best offensive lineman in Tennesee, Will Jackson. Montrey is 5'8, 190, and he benches about 335 and squats about 425, and runs a 4.6. This kid is better than Devrin for sure. I dont care how fast and quick Devrin is but a 150 pound running back is gonna get the job done after he gets crushed a few times, I dont expect to see a 150 pound back running over line backer. Now Montrey Hudson on the other hand in stronger and faster than most line backers in tennessee, and he has Will Jackson blocking for him. The way you talk about Devrin you make him seem better than Andre Sterling from last year. I'm sorry but there is no way Devrin is the best back in Tennessee.

Devrin already has a better SPARQ rating as a frosh....than Andre had as a SR.. FWIW

already has more press than any rising soph I've seen....check out all the lastest..

http://www.sparqtraining.com/lockerroom/locker.php?id=102116