Alcoas Warren

ILuvsports

Former Alcoa standout and florida state freshman All-American TE Brandon Warren is enrolled at UT and starts classes and workouts this week. Hes already moved on campus and is ready to roll. Congrats to a guy who no many thought would get back to this position. However, he said its still up in the air if he will be playing TE or DE.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former Alcoa standout and florida state freshman All-American TE Brandon Warren is enrolled at UT and starts classes and workouts this week. Hes already moved on campus and is ready to roll. Congrats to a guy who no many thought would get back to this position. However, he said its still up in the air if he will be playing TE or DE.

Brandon needs to get in shape.....

• 4 weeks later...

He will definitely play tight end.

He will definitely play tight end.

Would be the smallest in many years to play TE at UT, but he could do it. I don't think DE will work for him. If the nose stays clean he could help UT at TE or maybe even FB. Be a good player to hit on out let passes and blocking.

I did not think he would pan out at the D1 level but I was wrong. He did a great job at FSU except for the way he left the program, it cost him playing time I think.

Brandon is too spectacular of an athlete to play fullback, that would be a major under utilization of his talent. Yes he would undersized but he will still be the best tight end on the volunteers roster next season. Dallas Clark of the Indianapolis Colts is only 6'3" like Brandon, and they share a similar skill set with exceptional speed and route running for their posistion. Chris Cooley of the Washington Redskins is also 6'3" and again posses attributes similar to Brandon. The H-Back or slot on occasion would be a great way to utilize Brandon just like Joe Gibbs and Tony Dungy have utilized their uber talented but smaller playmakers. As for his size potentialy being a detriment to his blocking if anyone watched the Miami FSU game two years ago Brandon shut down Calais Campbell, a 6'8" 290 lb DE who was drafted in the second round by Arizona. Campbell was probably the most physical end in college football last season and never did anything when Brandon was responsible for blocking him.

Warren could play virtually any of those positions, but i would have him at tight end...he did exceptional his first year at FSU and he will be a great asset to next year's Tennessee team.

Was he not a freshman All-American at TE for the Seminoles? He wasn't to small for Coach Bowden.