D2 Football

jon26

Ill give the playoff nod to Webb over BGA again this year. Webb's Schedule is more favorable than BGA's. Webb has a ton of young talent. They lose there 2 1000+ yard runningbacks that were very good...but thats about it. Defense should be better. Webb has some young talent and a freahman running back that will turn heads in a few years...he will probably even start this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, as to the Ensworth recruiting... I have no hard evidence, however just simply walk over to their college-like campus and look around at who is there. Not the typical people you would expect to be paying 20,000 dollars to attend a college prep school.

This might be one of the most offensive posts I've ever seen on this board. The liberal use of stereotyping relieves you of the burden to produce actual evidence of recruiting. "Not the typical people you would expect to be paying 20,000 dollars to attend a college prep school" is probably the longest term I've ever seen for "Black". I'm assuming that you'd be equally outraged to find white students whose parents are working class; the problem is, put them in khakis and a Polo shirt, and they actually blend in.

You wouldn't have expected to see people like me at MBA in the '70's. I came from Goodlettsville, and my dad built tires for a living. He drove a 12 year old car and worked all of the overtime possible to insure that his kids got the best education available (my sister went to St. Cecilia). How, pray tell, do you know that those kids whose appearance doesn't fit your concept of a proper prep school student appearance don't have parents who are similarly motivated?

Your recruiting allegation isn't even built on circumstantial evidence; it's built on no evidence at all.

To quote the late Lewis Grizzard, why do we send great sums of money overseas to educate the heathen when we have such vast ignorance right here at home?

This might be one of the most offensive posts I've ever seen on this board. The liberal use of stereotyping relieves you of the burden to produce actual evidence of recruiting. "Not the typical people you would expect to be paying 20,000 dollars to attend a college prep school" is probably the longest term I've ever seen for "Black". I'm assuming that you'd be equally outraged to find white students whose parents are working class; the problem is, put them in khakis and a Polo shirt, and they actually blend in.

You wouldn't have expected to see people like me at MBA in the '70's. I came from Goodlettsville, and my dad built tires for a living. He drove a 12 year old car and worked all of the overtime possible to insure that his kids got the best education available (my sister went to St. Cecilia). How, pray tell, do you know that those kids whose appearance doesn't fit your concept of a proper prep school student appearance don't have parents who are similarly motivated?

Your recruiting allegation isn't even built on circumstantial evidence; it's built on no evidence at all.

To quote the late Lewis Grizzard, why do we send great sums of money overseas to educate the heathen when we have such vast ignorance right here at home?

AGREE 100% /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am tore up over nothing here. I just made the comment that Ensworth does recruit you are the one who blew it up. I have no reason to contact the TSSAA. If you knew the kid & his family like I do then you would say the same thing as me. I have bought him many a meals at McDonalds on Friday before & after the game. It is no way his folks could pay the tuition at all.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but with all due respect wholder, don't you understand that whether his family pays the tuition or whether he goes on "scholarship" makes no difference whatsoever in DII. In DII it is completely "legal" to have players who receive tuition assistance. In a nutshell this is the reason the two divisions were created / separated. If he was receiving tuition assistance and playing on a DI private school, that would be totally different.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but with all due respect wholder, don't you understand that whether his family pays the tuition or whether he goes on "scholarship" makes no difference whatsoever in DII. In DII it is completely "legal" to have players who receive tuition assistance. In a nutshell this is the reason the two divisions were created / separated. If he was receiving tuition assistance and playing on a DI private school, that would be totally different.

I totally understand the scholarship thing. We will be faced with that if Zion ever gets the DI status that they are wanting. This is my last post this subject. When ever jobs are offered, admission test are altered and $$$ it is totally wrong. I am going back over to my 1A territory now. You guys have fun, have a great football season & I will have the last laugh when it is over with.

I totally understand the scholarship thing. We will be faced with that if Zion ever gets the DI status that they are wanting. This is my last post this subject. When ever jobs are offered, admission test are altered and $$$ it is totally wrong. I am going back over to my 1A territory now. You guys have fun, have a great football season & I will have the last laugh when it is over with.

We'll miss you. I don't know how this thread will continue with nothing to sustain it but insightful, fact based commentary from knowledge people. Still, we'll try to soldier on.

Why didn't you go to Goodlettsville High,great school. I taught and coached there from 76-80, might have been in my class if you had.

Why didn't you go to Goodlettsville High,great school. I taught and coached there from 76-80, might have been in my class if you had.

Goodlettsville was a great place in about every way imaginable. Unfotunately, I lived in the part of Goodlettsville that's in Sumner County. Besides, when I was making decisions on these weighty matters, I based them solely on football. Since my dad was unwilling to move back to Bordeaux so I could follow him at Cumberland, I decided MBA would be the next best choice.

Goodlettsville was a great place in about every way imaginable. Unfotunately, I lived in the part of Goodlettsville that's in Sumner County. Besides, when I was making decisions on these weighty matters, I based them solely on football. Since my dad was unwilling to move back to Bordeaux so I could follow him at Cumberland, I decided MBA would be the next best choice.

I forgot about Goodlettsville being in Sumner Co. MBA a great school. Tommy Owen your coach? I spent many a day with him talking football. I left a message own your profile. I see you live in Florida. What do or did you do with your education?

Apparently not. If Zion goes DI, there is no tuition assistence per TSSAA. Understand now. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Aid is legal, but a full ride isn't. I think that was the point he was making.

Aid is legal, but a full ride isn't. I think that was the point he was making.

Actually the only issue is the level of need. While most independent schools that I know about require every family to pay something, the level of need is figured by an outside, independent organization in Princeton, NJ and if a family's finances demonstrate need for a full ride, then a full ride would be perfectly ok under the rules applicable to D2.