Prep Magazines

jrlcm

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a football preview outside of the one that Murphy Fair sent out in February-March. I haven't seen one from OTB, Varsity Sports Media, or the Tennessean. I am sure that the Tennessean will send their preview out in the next week or two just to get it out early before they release their big HSF Preview around August 15th.

As far as Varsity Sports Media & On the Ball the truth of the matter is that I haven't gotten a preview therefore I wouldn't expect anything from either of them to include us at least.

As far as Varsity Sports Media & On the Ball the truth of the matter is that I haven't gotten a preview therefore I wouldn't expect anything from either of them to include us at least.

I'm not sure how they do it exactly but I thought that the Varsity Sports Media guys sent out the request for info to the coaches and the coaches were to return it and send it back in. But also on their website they have the questionnaire. Although it is probably too late you can find it at http://www.tennfb.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPS...;ATCLID=1433837.

I'm not sure how they do it exactly but I thought that the Varsity Sports Media guys sent out the request for info to the coaches and the coaches were to return it and send it back in. But also on their website they have the questionnaire. Although it is probably too late you can find it at http://www.tennfb.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPS...;ATCLID=1433837.

I believe the VSM football mag is already in printing stage

• 3 weeks later...

Tennessee Football from VSM is back from the printer and looks sweet. One cover has Eric Berry and the one for sale at Pilot only has Arian Foster on the cover.

It looks pretty good. I got mine the other day. The only complaint I have is the way they arranged the high schools. Instead of grouping by regions they grouped by each area of the state.

It looks pretty good. I got mine the other day. The only complaint I have is the way they arranged the high schools. Instead of grouping by regions they grouped by each area of the state.

Yes, I liked the way it was done last year grouped by classification and regions much better. This year its confusing to have to jump around to look for all the team previews for your specific region...but I didn't have any say so in the matter.

That being said, the magazine looks fantastic. The pictures are better than last year (some really great action and feature shots) and every pro, college and high school team in the state is covered, even the ones who didn't send in a questionnaire. It's well worth your money to get one.

The VSM was OK last year but it was full of inaccurate things from the teams in Memphis. They had one of our DE's as a DB and had listed a team listed from a school that wasn't even open last year just to name a few. Do your homework if you want people to buy the book statewide. It didn't hold any credibility with me.

The VSM was OK last year but it was full of inaccurate things from the teams in Memphis. They had one of our DE's as a DB and had listed a team listed from a school that wasn't even open last year just to name a few. Do your homework if you want people to buy the book statewide. It didn't hold any credibility with me.

The VSM staff tries its best to make sure all the information is accurate. It would help if the coaches would turn in the questionnaires they were sent. When they don't, it makes things extremely difficult and you are forced to do the best you can with what little info you can find.