Ty Fields Best QB in the State?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well PrepStar Mag Thinks hes pretty good if being considered top 10 in country is good...So does Vanderbilt,Georgia Tech, The Naval Academy.....So...I would say YES HE IS

Yeah well I saw the kid in person on Saturday and he is NOWHERE near good enough to play at any of those schools you just mentioned....the magazine well those things usually go by stats and not wins. If he is top 10 in the country then the country is weak at QB!!

Look, Ty is the best qb in the region as far as stats and mechanics go. So what if the team's not first in the region. One of the best if not the best running back in the NFL in the 90's was Barry Sanders. But do we dismiss him because his team stunk, no. Last year Ty was 80% at best after 2 ACL surgeries. He throws accurately and quickly with his feet constantly moving and his elbows up which is what a good qb does in the gun. He won't fit in at Navy because of the difference in the systems, however, I think they will want him for defense at strong safety. He would be a great addition to the program at Vandy as qb or Navy at SS. But honestly no one has the right to say that a kid is the best qb in the state or not until they have a qb challenge. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I understand that Smith Co. fans feel that they are gods and nobody else compares, but come on. Upperman doesn't have the best team in the state or even their conference. The coaches are halfway crazy with what they did last year (leading running back for the team never started and runs a good 4.5 40, ran 5-3 defense, cussing at players to try to motivate them, have 13 coaches on staff, etc) but none of that has anything to do with the high quality player that Ty is. Stop trashing and appreciate good players when you see them. The team isn't good enough to pay to watch, but Ty makes up for it.

Look, Ty is the best qb in the region as far as stats and mechanics go. So what if the team's not first in the region. One of the best if not the best running back in the NFL in the 90's was Barry Sanders. But do we dismiss him because his team stunk, no. Last year Ty was 80% at best after 2 ACL surgeries. He throws accurately and quickly with his feet constantly moving and his elbows up which is what a good qb does in the gun. He won't fit in at Navy because of the difference in the systems, however, I think they will want him for defense at strong safety. He would be a great addition to the program at Vandy as qb or Navy at SS. But honestly no one has the right to say that a kid is the best qb in the state or not until they have a qb challenge. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I understand that Smith Co. fans feel that they are gods and nobody else compares, but come on. Upperman doesn't have the best team in the state or even their conference. The coaches are halfway crazy with what they did last year (leading running back for the team never started and runs a good 4.5 40, ran 5-3 defense, cussing at players to try to motivate them, have 13 coaches on staff, etc) but none of that has anything to do with the high quality player that Ty is. Stop trashing and appreciate good players when you see them. The team isn't good enough to pay to watch, but Ty makes up for it.

I'll be the first to say that I wasn't trashing the kid. Someone started a thread. Then comes debate. It's the way of the world. Fields is a good high school quarterback. I'll leave it at that.

Although many of you discount Ty's ability, I do have to say that he did impress several coaches in the Scout/Army Junior camp in San Antonio last year.

http://www.unapproved website.com/article/?id=100002

I'm not too sure of the CSA PrepStar's reputation, but dare say again, the kid does have talent and is being courted by several high profile name schools.

It's a shame that some people trash athletes/students...regardless of your school allegiance.

Although many of you discount Ty's ability, I do have to say that he did impress several coaches in the Scout/Army Junior camp in San Antonio last year.

I'm not too sure of the CSA PrepStar's reputation, but dare say again, the kid does have talent and is being courted by several high profile name schools.

It's a shame that some people trash athletes/students...regardless of your school allegiance.

Nobody is trashing the kid. I think most have said he is a very good qb. Most have also said he is not as good

as top 10 in the country. That's just silly.

I am not saying the kid is bad or something. I am just saying I was not impressed with him at QB, but I did see him make a couple of really nice int's saturday. To be considered top 10 in the nation is a big deal. My question is how many of you saw randall cobb play? He was the best QB in the state last yr, between him and sonny gray. Ty Fields good high school player, but not top 10 in nation. I am not saying he cannot play college ball. He will not play QB in college he is not tall enough and his arm is not strong enough. I have been in the college game and seen college QB's, but he could go and play a safety position possibly.

This is alot of unneeded hype/pressure on the young man from Upperman. He is a solid 2A QB with skills for this level. He does have a good arm and can make plays with his feet when he gets flushed. Plain and simple though, he's not top 10 in the state youth pastor....to mention the word "country" is senseless. For you to say SC people think they are gods.....you might want pray about that. Nobody in 4-2A is athletic or good enough to play QB or DB in the SEC....and that's the truth.

This is alot of unneeded hype/pressure on the young man from Upperman. He is a solid 2A QB with skills for this level. He does have a good arm and can make plays with his feet when he gets flushed. Plain and simple though, he's not top 10 in the state youth pastor....to mention the word "country" is senseless. For you to say SC people think they are gods.....you might want pray about that. Nobody in 4-2A is athletic or good enough to play QB or DB in the SEC....and that's the truth.

amen

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />