Warriors of Jasper vs Pirates of South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

Go to rivals or scout.com.Also read the Chatt. Times Free Press,not the Jasper Journal , on whose the top prospected jrs.Then chat with the major college scouts in this area on the matter.Get it Truth?The power in Marion County is here SP,don't beliittle these TRUE facts...And at this time 3 D-1 prospects wear ORANGE and BLACK!Don't hate Congratulate! Just like we respected Eric and his team mates.

K, we have already discussed this already once and have talked about all of this on here, no need to bring it up over and over and over and over and over............I know that SP has some very talented players and I wish them nothing but the best, except during week one!! And I wouldn't take anything that the Free press says to heart, not with Stephen 'pirate' hargis working there!!

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Pittsburg should be favored in this game. When the last two games have resulted in 1 team getting peppered and the team that did the peppering returns alot of players, it is only natural to have them favored. I do think that the "Marion County Warriors" are an improved team, but it will be really tough to beat S.P at home. As for me, I will be arriving with an entire caravan of fans from both Jasper and South Pitt. I look for this game to not be decided until the 4th quarter.

Wow! Nothing like a good rivalry! OK.... I've sat by and read what everyone is saying and now it is time to add my two cents before this thing gets closed down......

South Pittsburg is the favorite going into the game and rightfully so. Two years of sound whippings and coming off a State Championship. No doubt about it.... they are the top dogs.... That is exactly why I like this year's game so much. The Warriors have nothing to lose. Another loss and everyone would just say "told you so". Another thumping and everyone would just say "told you so". Get my drift?

The thing that I like about this year's Warrior team is that it IS different. Same kids for the most part, but it definitely has a different feel. That difference comes from the leadership of the coaches and seniors. Will it be enough? We'll know about 10:00 pm on 8/29/08. If SP expects this game to be a repeat of the past two years, it could very well prove to be long night for the Pirate faithful. My personal belief is that we are in for a game like the ones that we were accustomed between these two teams in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. I think that it will come down to which team makes the crucial mistake late and which team capitalizes on it.

There are three things that I know for certain. 1) Marion will not lay down after half-time or at any other point in the game 2) the atmosphere will be absolutely electrifying and 3) there is absolutely no where on Earth that I would rather be on 8/29/08 than Beene Stadium on the campus of SPHS......

No predicting a winner or a score...... just a heatfelt wish for a great game, good sportsmanship and an injury-free night......

GO WARRIORS

The Pirates will win this game big. The only way Jasper gets any yards is if they pass the ball . They won't be able to run it with the big one way defensive tackles and the line backing tandem too much speed all around. They won't stop sp's speed and running game they haven't been and it won't start in this game either. Therefore I don't see them having muc h of a chance SP wins big 49 to 7

Man, you have got to love a good rivalry.

This thread is what makes this game so much fun. The intensity and passion of the fans, the competition on the field. Does it really get any better?

Here's to a hard fought contest and may the best team win (as long as that is South Pittsburg) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

9 DAYS TILL THE SHOWDOWN, OP says the tention is starting to rise and the fans are becoming hungry for the appearance of their teams. There have been posts on this thread regarding different things and some have veered off course slightly. This rivalry is what most programs wish they had. All parties involved in this thing need to be complimented for everyone is in some way what makes this annual game the game it is.

That said....... Old Pirate says, "it's time to get back to the cage rattling"

The Pirates continue to seal leaks and the warriors prepare to spring their scalping rade. OP says their are a few problems with both teams preparations.

SP PIRATES:

1.The Pirates are possably.........lacking the intensity they need to sail at top speed - can they step up?

2.The Pirates are still inexperienced in the OL and recievers are unproven - can they prove their worth?

JASPER WARRIORS:

1.The warriors are probably thinking they can surprise to Pirates - No surprise here, the pirates will know what to expect, do the warriors have a backup plan?

2. The warriors are planning their scalping raid, But it's impossable to scalp what you can't catch! - can the warriors coral the fleet footed Pirates long enough to make it a game?

OLD PIRATE STILL NEEDS TO KNOW THE # COUNT OF, THE FENCE JUMPER SORORIETY.

OP THINKS MAYBE SOME PINK CARNATIONS WOULD LOOK GOOD ON THEIR LA-PELS.

MS Janes should be notified, she could make a few sales @ the the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am not writing them off, just telling the truth. Didn't say you were running your mouth, but some are on here saying that marion is going to hammer SP and that is just not going to happen. The Pirates are much like the Warriors of the early nineties with a lot of talent, and with coach hale and baxter, they are a completly different team now. SP will be the best team that marion plays all year including tyner, unless a deep run into the playoffs happens where they would face Alcoa. I am truly a Marion supporter and will support them no matter what happens and I always stay until the final horn, no matter what the sport is. I have already said that this marion team has a chance to be really good this year. Also, when have the fans cost the kids a chance to win a game???

Maybe I missed a post but I haven't seen that. Several posters, unlike yourself, actually believe Marion has a chance in this game. This Marion football team needs your support about as much as the basketball team needed it last year.

Hopefully, that'll make it past the moderators. Thirty minutes of work moderated to hades......Oh well.

I am gone for a couple of days and then it takes hours to read through all the posts recently added. It does sound like ladysquaw rattled a few cages, and I do have to admit (if she is a she), she seems to know a lot about both teams, almost as if, she was once from SP then married into the Jasper blood???

OP cracks me up with every thread.

1994Pirate, good to see you on here, I'll catch up with you at the game. I didn't see you at the Jamboree. How old is your nephew now?

I have said it before at the beginning of this thread and will say it again. Jasper has the same type of players, they are just playing with a different attitude, which can make a difference in the outcome. However, for this game the Pirates won't miss a beat. SP will come out of the gates scoring and never let up!! Final score:

SP: 53

MC: 20

9 DAYS TILL THE SHOWDOWN, OP says the tention is starting to rise and the fans are becoming hungry for the appearance of their teams. There have been posts on this thread regarding different things and some have veered off course slightly. This rivalry is what most programs wish they had. All parties involved in this thing need to be complimented for everyone is in some way what makes this annual game the game it is.

That said....... Old Pirate says, "it's time to get back to the cage rattling"

The Pirates continue to seal leaks and the warriors prepare to spring their scalping rade. OP says their are a few problems with both teams preparations.

SP PIRATES:

1.The Pirates are possably.........lacking the intensity they need to sail at top speed - can they step up?

2.The Pirates are still inexperienced in the OL and recievers are unproven - can they prove their worth?

JASPER WARRIORS:

1.The warriors are probably thinking they can surprise to Pirates - No surprise here, the pirates will know what to expect, do the warriors have a backup plan?

2. The warriors are planning their scalping raid, But it's impossable to scalp what you can't catch! - can the warriors coral the fleet footed Pirates long enough to make it a game?

OLD PIRATE STILL NEEDS TO KNOW THE # COUNT OF, THE FENCE JUMPER SORORIETY.

OP THINKS MAYBE SOME PINK CARNATIONS WOULD LOOK GOOD ON THEIR LA-PELS.

MS Janes should be notified, she could make a few sales @ the the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP

I like this fence jumper phenomenon you mention. It might be a good thing they "jumped ship" because I think it would be very hard for the players that transferred to Jasper to find a starting job in the SP lineup.