Oakland Football 2008

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its time for a major wardrobe change, as well as a new name for ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I already changed my username once, from Riverdale to something i have used for several years. I hate to keep changing everytime a new team comes into the picture. I guess I could be warriorredraiderindianrangerrebelpatriotdawg, but can you imagine typing that to log in?

I will stick with the one shirt for now and likely pick up a hoodie when it gets cooler.

I am ready for football and hot dogs!!!!!!

I heard that the one lined down against McAdoo was the Notre Dame prospect. Anyway, I agree that the weak point is a punter. Any thoughts?

The weakest point is not the punter to my knowledge. It isn't the strongest point, but a more immediate problem is the Offensive line. A few injuries have put them short handed for the time being. Put right now is a crucial time for a line to learn trust and consistency. Something that we have not had in a few years. Luckily we do have some serious playmakers in the backfield that will help keep the offense running until the line starts blowing people off the ball. As I have said before, the line is lacking due to injuries and lack of experience. They are coming off a year that had all senior linemen and that has hindered them a little bit.

The weakest point is not the punter to my knowledge. It isn't the strongest point, but a more immediate problem is the Offensive line. A few injuries have put them short handed for the time being. Put right now is a crucial time for a line to learn trust and consistency. Something that we have not had in a few years. Luckily we do have some serious playmakers in the backfield that will help keep the offense running until the line starts blowing people off the ball. As I have said before, the line is lacking due to injuries and lack of experience. They are coming off a year that had all senior linemen and that has hindered them a little bit.

I completely agree, its hard to notice whether or not the line is struggling when you have guys breaking off runs in chunks. I will say that Oakland has done a good job of calling plays that dont put as much pressure on the line, such as bootlegs, qb rollouts, bubble screens, draws, etc. You plan to be there friday, Bacillum?

I completely agree, its hard to notice whether or not the line is struggling when you have guys breaking off runs in chunks. I will say that Oakland has done a good job of calling plays that dont put as much pressure on the line, such as bootlegs, qb rollouts, bubble screens, draws, etc. You plan to be there friday, Bacillum?

It is at home right? If it is then yes I will do my best. I'm expecting my doctor to give me the okay to walk, so I am planning on being there for my first walk. I didn't get to make BA, because of commitments, but this one I am planning on being there. I like the competition Oakland has with Tullahoma. They aren't super hard, but they are well coached and will give a good effort to make themselves better and in turn make Patriots better.

It is at home right? If it is then yes I will do my best. I'm expecting my doctor to give me the okay to walk, so I am planning on being there for my first walk. I didn't get to make BA, because of commitments, but this one I am planning on being there. I like the competition Oakland has with Tullahoma. They aren't super hard, but they are well coached and will give a good effort to make themselves better and in turn make Patriots better.

Actually the game is in Tullahoma.

that's no good. Then I won't be able too but I'll see what I can do. How about you going?

Yeah, I def plan on going, its always fun to see a live game simulation as the precursor to the season. Me and ole Solid One are going to scurry down there to watch the Pats, and hopefully we will improve upon the BA scrimmage.

Yeah, I def plan on going, its always fun to see a live game simulation as the precursor to the season. Me and ole Solid One are going to scurry down there to watch the Pats, and hopefully we will improve upon the BA scrimmage.

I was very impressed with Oakland when we scrimmaged them. The number of players they had, coaches, new facilities and all. I talked with several people before and after the scrimmage and I could tell the level of excitement everyone has. Ya'll have a winner in Coach McDaniel and his staff. You can tell they do not accept any excuses or make any and they don't put up with any crap. The defense plays lights out! The defensive tackles are solid to say the least. It's going to be very interesting in your region this year and good luck to the "Pats".