Week 0 : Alcoa Vs Spring Hill

Rankinated2010

First of all....way to hang in ther spring Hill players. Whoever scheduled this game should be neutered immediately.

Secondly....why would such a successful program and perennail power and champion be looking to schedule a mediocre 3a team. Story is that Alcoa would prefer to win big but NOT move up to a NATIONAL level of recognition. Coach....please tell us that you got sheer excitement out of this overmatched win............BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all....way to hang in ther spring Hill players. Whoever scheduled this game should be neutered immediately.

Secondly....why would such a successful program and perennail power and champion be looking to schedule a mediocre 3a team. Story is that Alcoa would prefer to win big but NOT move up to a NATIONAL level of recognition. Coach....please tell us that you got sheer excitement out of this overmatched win............BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alcoa was forced to fill two games when both William Blount and Heritage dropped us from their schedules. AHS was unable to find anyone at short notice and had to settle for Spring Hill and White House on a two year back to back contracts. Fact of the matter is we have trouble scheduling because no one wants to get plastered by a lowly 2A team (i.e. WB and Heritage). My guess is you say the same thing about Maryville since 4A in East TN is so weak.....

We absolutely played everyone on the bench tonight and still scored at will (we had freshman backs getting 8 yards a carry). It is unfortunate that a 3A program with some good looking players and good speed looked like a very poor middle school team tonight. Before blaming AHS, I suggest you blame the SHHS coaching staf who obviously have not maximized the talent that is clearly available.

Alcoa was forced to fill two games when both William Blount and Heritage dropped us from their schedules. AHS was unable to find anyone at short notice and had to settle for Spring Hill and White House on a two year back to back contracts. Fact of the matter is we have trouble scheduling because no one wants to get plastered by a lowly 2A team (i.e. WB and Heritage). My guess is you say the same thing about Maryville since 4A in East TN is so weak.....

We absolutely played everyone on the bench tonight and still scored at will (we had freshman backs getting 8 yards a carry). It is unfortunate that a 3A program with some good looking players and good speed looked like a very poor middle school team tonight. Before blaming AHS, I suggest you blame the SHHS coaching staf who obviously have not maximized the talent that is clearly available.

NEW COACH- NEW SYSTEM- YOUNG TEAM- A BUNCH OF FIRST YEAR STARTERS.

GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK

I understand Alcoa's situation. Difficult to find quality opponents willing to play a small school that is that good. Question for all those in Blount Co....what is the chance of Alcoa scheduling Alabama or Mississippi's 2A champs or Maryville scheduling someone like Mississippi's South Panola (nation's longest winning streak)? It would be extremely interesting to see how you guys would match up with the best from other states. Might be a better game.

I understand Alcoa's situation. Difficult to find quality opponents willing to play a small school that is that good. Question for all those in Blount Co....what is the chance of Alcoa scheduling Alabama or Mississippi's 2A champs or Maryville scheduling someone like Mississippi's South Panola (nation's longest winning streak)? It would be extremely interesting to see how you guys would match up with the best from other states. Might be a better game.

Love to see it happen. I know the coaching staff wants to take AHS to a tournament in Orlando Fla. and match up with other quality 2A programs. Would be an excellent opportunity to see what we can do. Only concern is the funds to bankroll such a trip for 80 players.

What was the score at halftime?????

Good Luck to the Raiders next week against Columbia Central.

Good Luck to Alcoa as well next week against Maryville.

I saw Riverdale lost tonight to Oakland....................the fans in Warrior Country are singing to "bring Rankin back" on this night /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Not so sure that would be my choice of words. I define mediocracy as 5-5 in an average region. That is not in the distant future for our Raiders. Good luck next week.