Haywood at JCM

big D

The oldest rivalry in west tennessee set to go at the Rock when Haywood comes to Jackson to face JCM.

New Coach and first home game. Struggled in scrimmages but that is to be expected when the school puts off till season to hire a head coach. Jackson Sun has Tomcats ranked as third in the dirty dozen so it will be a tough test for the new coach. good luck.

any predictions.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The oldest rivalry in west tennessee set to go at the Rock when Haywood comes to Jackson to face JCM. New Coach and first home game. Struggled in scrimmages but that is to be expected when the school puts off till season to hire a head coach. Jackson Sun has Tomcats ranked as third in the dirty dozen so it will be a tough test for the new coach. good luck.

any predictions.

The statement that I have highlited is totally incorrect. As JCM has only been in existance since about 1971 or 72, it would be rather impossible for the JCM/Haywood rivalry to be the oldest in West Tennessee.

The rivalry WAS between Jackson High School and Brownsville.

The statement that I have highlited is totally incorrect. As JCM has only been in existance since about 1971 or 72, it would be rather impossible for the JCM/Haywood rivalry to be the oldest in West Tennessee.

The rivalry WAS between Jackson High School and Brownsville.

Jackson High School turned into JCM. (i may be mistaken but i am pretty sure) Haywood wasnt the same school either if you want to get technical. same schools; different names. making it very possible.

Haywood had a great outing in their jamboree debut against Munford. Haywood will run the ball all over JCM just as Milan did. This game will be won by the most disciplined team with the fewest turnovers and penalties as well as the better conditioned team. Look for a lot of jawwin goin on as this is one of the bigger games of the year for both teams. Haywood put it on them last year. Will it be a repeat or will the cougars hold their ground..ought to be a good game to watch in week 0.

Jackson High School turned into JCM. (i may be mistaken but i am pretty sure) Haywood wasnt the same school either if you want to get technical. same schools; different names. making it very possible.

Jackson High School was shut down. It did not just turn into JCM. I know many former graduates of Jackson High School. None of them claim JCM in any way, shape, or form.

We may be talking semantics here, but to Jackson High School grads, the oldest rivalry in West Tennessee died when Jackson High School died.

I saw Haywood Co. against Brighton over at Dyer Co. last weekend and despite the loss to Brighton, I honestly think Haywood Co. will contend for a Region 7-3A crown. I've seen 4 teams from Reg. 7-3A now, (Dyer Co., Dyersburg, Haywood Co., Ripley) and 3 of those 4 teams are VERY good. Haywood has the most athletes out of those 4 teams. Dyer Co. has the best Defense. Dyersburg has the best running back in the Xavier kid.

This game between Haywood and JCM won't be close. Mercy rule will be into effect mighty early. It's hard for a team like JCM to have hired a coach a little over a week ago and try to play with the likes of Haywood Co. and Milan. This will be a long year for JCM but hopefully Glover get's that program turned around over the next few years and brings life back into that school. Haywood Co. 42 - JCM 7

Jackson High School was shut down. It did not just turn into JCM. I know many former graduates of Jackson High School. None of them claim JCM in any way, shape, or form.

We may be talking semantics here, but to Jackson High School grads, the oldest rivalry in West Tennessee died when Jackson High School died.

like it or not the fact is this is the oldest rivalry in west Tennessee. many articles wrote about this rivalry by jackson sun and others.

H.A.Y.W.O.O.D.