Student Killed At Knox Central This Morning

Solomon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the first thing we think about is, it'll never happen here.. Well it did, and its time to put GOD back in the schools!!

First of all my prayers go out to the victim's family as well as the young man that has been charged with this crime. I agree it is time for people to raise up and take our schools back.

Prayers for all Central students, families and especially of those involved in the shooting.

I hope that in some small way this incident will cause parents, teachers, and coaches to re-dedicate themselves to the raising of our young people. Kids don't need us to be "the cool parent, cool coach, cool teacher". They need us to step up and be responsible, firm, involved, unselfish, loving adults. They need us to teach them by way of example.

Prayers for all Central students, families and especially of those involved in the shooting.

I hope that in some small way this incident will cause parents, teachers, and coaches to re-dedicate themselves to the raising of our young people. Kids don't need us to be "the cool parent, cool coach, cool teacher". They need us to step up and be responsible, firm, involved, unselfish, loving adults. They need us to teach them by way of example.

Very true. Prayers from Station Camp in Gallatin.

South-Doyle's players, fans, and all at the school offer our prayers to the friends and family of the victim, involved. I'd also be sorry if I didn't offer prayers to the suspect's family. This must be a horrible time for both of those parties involved.

First, the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, now this. But, they always have said that the night is darkest before the dawn, and I hope this is true.

Totally senseless tragedy. My heart goes out to the family and close friends of the victim of this murderous crime. My heart also goes out to the people at the school who had to endure such a traumatic event at their school, especially the eyewitnesses.

This is becoming much too common in this country. I used to think this sort of thing only happened in NY City, LA, Chicago, etc. That is SO NOT the case. Just a couple of years ago, we had the tragic shooting of the principal at Campbell County High School, a rural school. Now we have this happening in Knoxville. There was a similar shooting in Memphis last year.

Turtle's earlier assessment is correct...... it can happen anywhere, anytime, without warning. Turtle is also correct about another matter......... we should be allowed to acknowledge God in our schools.