Greenbrier Volleyball

KillJoy

well see here's the thing, just to make this clear....not ONE of these girls was picked to be on the all tournament team because of her parents' "political connections"

They were all very deserving. Obviously the twins are amazing hitters, Jenn Holbert just a great all around player, and Rebekah Williams an excellent passer and setter.

The other 2 starters were also very deserving and equally amazing but were not put on the team.

Sorry to be blunt but get over it....the focus should be put back on WINNING another state tournament!!!

Girls play your hearts out...but not for some award, for each other!

Weren't there only so many awards that could be given from that team? From what I have read on this website, Greenbrier must be more special than any other team. They say their girls are ALL so talented and so sweet. I guess they were just supposed to have an All Greenbrier Tournament Team. Sometimes life is not fair. The girls should play for the love of the game and their teammates....NOT JUST AWARDS.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SEEMS TO ME THE PRESSURE IS REALLY ON THE GREEN MACHINE TO NOT LOSE A GAME AT STATE. AS A FAN OF VOLLEYBALL AND AS I WATCH THE LADIES THE WEAKNESS IS SIMPLE. THE WEAKNESS IS THE SETTER, SHE MUST GIVE TO ALL "THE TALENT" A CHANCE FOR A KILL. THE PRESSURE IS ON HER TO PLEASE ALL THE GIRLS AT STATE.

THERE IS SOME GREAT TEAMS AT UPSET IS COMING AND I FEEL A UPSET WILL HAPPEN THIS WEEK.

What do you expect? Greenbrier pushes Kayla Arnold and nobody else. She gets all of the sets, and the offense is run to make her a star. Who has Greenbrier beat this year? Anyone that they shouldn't beat. Smith from Page is twice the player that Arnold is and she is only a junior.

Greenbrier fans on this board (That is you Mr. Arnold) openly talk that Greenbrier better win it all this year because when Kayla is gone Greenbriers run is over. Why act surprised that only certain girls get recognized? How many sets does she get, 2/3's. Then if she miss hits a ball what does the coach say, give her a better set?

Page and Greenbrier play first round of the tournament. Page wins because Smith is better than Arnold, and that is not going to be an upset.

What do you expect? Greenbrier pushes Kayla Arnold and nobody else. She gets all of the sets, and the offense is run to make her a star. Who has Greenbrier beat this year? Anyone that they shouldn't beat. Smith from Page is twice the player that Arnold is and she is only a junior.

Greenbrier fans on this board (That is you Mr. Arnold) openly talk that Greenbrier better win it all this year because when Kayla is gone Greenbriers run is over. Why act surprised that only certain girls get recognized? How many sets does she get, 2/3's. Then if she miss hits a ball what does the coach say, give her a better set?

Page and Greenbrier play first round of the tournament. Page wins because Smith is better than Arnold, and that is not going to be an upset.

BruinBabe I don't know who you are (and I don't have a dog in this fight) but you are CRAZY. FYI Mr Arnold has NEVER posted on here, 5Sport is NOT Mr Arnold. Kayla is not the only star on the Greenbrier team. I have seen them play and all the athletes on this team are VERY gifted. Kayla's sister Kaysi, Nina and Riley all are very capapble of putting the ball down with force. I don't think there is one rotation that they do not have a player on the front row that can finish. I am assuming you are from the "Wood" let me tell you - your lovely team is the one that will have difficulty in the boro this year. If you are from the "Wood" I also don't understand why Greenbrier is tearing you up so much. You won't even have to try to beat them. Maybe your just upset that Greenbrier is getting more publicity on Coach T than your team of choice. IMO Greenbrier is probably under a lot of pressure to repeat as State Champs but they are very capable of getting the job done. Good luck to Greenbrier and ALL the teams that have made it to the Boro, including the "Wood"

I think most coaches use common sense to run offense. If the girl puts the ball down in practice she will in the game. If the game is on the line set the girl that normally puts the ball down. Normally, it is the players parents that cry about their baby not getting set. If you are trying to win this is what you do. If you want to make it even and split the sets up evenly then you need the players that can put it down the same. Most teams don't have players that can do this. If you want to beat good teams you have got to find the girls that can and will put it down. Most girls don't show up and start putting the ball down in big games. Our team likes to win so our big hitters get 70% of the sets. In practice everyone get a even chance to prove why they need more.

I know this situation should be put to rest, but I can??™t help but to speak my piece??¦

As an alum of GHS, I am incredibly shocked at the way the game of volleyball has changed. I have never heard of such emphasis being place on the awards instead of the team as a whole or of such disrespect to the people in the community.

I??™m still a little confused about who the ???big-haired lady??? is??¦.the former coach or the mom of the girl that played last year.

As for the mom of the girl that played last year, I really don??™t have much to say about her??¦but I will gladly defend the former coach??¦

Anyone that would bad-mouth her should be ashamed! She has been nothing but great for the girls on the volleyball team, even after her daughter has graduated she continues to support these wonderful girls. She has cooked for them numerous times over the years, bought each and every one of them gifts??¦..and keep in mind did NOT HAVE TO do these things. She has been an excellent cheerleader and role model for these girls??¦I definitely don??™t see that as being shallow! And what in the world is there for her to be jealous about??? sorry but anyone that will do a cartwheel and the splits numerous times after winning games at her age I have to give props to??¦.I would LOVE to see you do that 5 sport! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And as for those of you that are complaining about living in small towns??¦please MOVE if you hate it so much??¦..but please let your daughters stay I will gladly adopt each of them.

On a lighter note??¦.Good luck next week girls??¦.Each and every one of you is amazing!!! Bring home another championship!!

What in the world did Kayla Arnold do to you that you would single her out by name and say such things? Other than possibly putting the volleyball down your daughters throat and making her eat it for a point, I could see where that would tear you up. Greenbrier is full of good hitters. I have watched Brentwood in the past and seen them play with emphasis being put on stronger hitters getting the set to make the play. That's just the game. Nina Dever possibly has the hardest hit if she connects. Kayla and Kaysi are just dead on and consistent with their kills. They usually hit around most blocks as do Jennefer Holbert, Nina and Riley. As for Nicole Smith, she is an awesome player with her own strengths. As for state, Page vs Greenbrier, sorry, Page hasn't made it through the last couple of years and this year will be the same story. Greenbrier has beaten Page at all the big games the past three years. I believe Spikeit2 has already tried to discourage you earlier in the season from your comments regarding two girls close to her heart. I hope you have a brain in your head and get the message this time, or quite possibly from your posts, you're just plain ignorant.

Man o' man, I can't believe what I have been reading on this forum! Someone told me about all the bogus "stuff" that had been said on here but I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it for myself. You would think that the Lady Cats were 8-40 instead of 40-8 with all the complaining going on. Do some of you not realize what we have here in Greenbrier? We have something special going on with our volleyball program due to the hard work of the girls, the coaches and the parents' support! What else do you want? For someone to criticize the former assistant coach really hits a nerve with me. gbfan09 you are right on about her. She is jealous???? Of what???? I, for a fact know how proud she is of these young ladies and to accuse her of having some hidden agenda by not picking this girl or that girl is absurd!!!! She has never done anything but help, support and encourage these girls. Be on one of those committee's and see how difficult it is to have to eliminate this player or that player and a lot of the time, at least from my experience, you exclude yourself from actually selecting one of your team's players. It's nice to get the recognition that comes with these awards but about 90% of the time, someone is offended by not making the all-tournament, all-region,etc. Usually the one that is offended the most is the parents instead of the player. The LadyCats, as a team, are some of the finest, most respectful young ladies in Greenbrier. Why don't we all use THEM as examples of how to act? Greenbrier Volleyball is 1st class and respectful to their opponents, it's time some of the "so-called adults" start acting like it!

I know this situation should be put to rest, but I can??™t help but to speak my piece??¦

As an alum of GHS, I am incredibly shocked at the way the game of volleyball has changed. I have never heard of such emphasis being place on the awards instead of the team as a whole or of such disrespect to the people in the community.

I??™m still a little confused about who the ???big-haired lady??? is??¦.the former coach or the mom of the girl that played last year.

As for the mom of the girl that played last year, I really don??™t have much to say about her??¦but I will gladly defend the former coach??¦

Anyone that would bad-mouth her should be ashamed! She has been nothing but great for the girls on the volleyball team, even after her daughter has graduated she continues to support these wonderful girls. She has cooked for them numerous times over the years, bought each and every one of them gifts??¦..and keep in mind did NOT HAVE TO do these things. She has been an excellent cheerleader and role model for these girls??¦I definitely don??™t see that as being shallow! And what in the world is there for her to be jealous about??? sorry but anyone that will do a cartwheel and the splits numerous times after winning games at her age I have to give props to??¦.I would LOVE to see you do that 5 sport! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And as for those of you that are complaining about living in small towns??¦please MOVE if you hate it so much??¦..but please let your daughters stay I will gladly adopt each of them.

On a lighter note??¦.Good luck next week girls??¦.Each and every one of you is amazing!!! Bring home another championship!!

Everything said about the former coach is straight and true. She was not bad mouthed by me most of all. A questioned was asked, it was answered, and then reacted to. It was agreed to diasagree. Where all this comes from about bad mouthing, it wasn't done by me. I talked straight to the source not behind the back. There is nothing to defend. No one said anything contrary about such a great lady's legacy with this community. How this has gotten so out of hand by disagreeing is beyond me. This is not the stepford wives. We can have differences of opinion and still think highly of who we disagree with. No need to be insulting.

I'm not sure you know who Kayla Arnold is. Do you Know her position or her #.

As a fan of all sports of Greenbrier High school, I am a little amazed that this thread is going on amongst Lady Cat posters in the week before state tournaments. The girls of ANY school do not NEED grown people pointing fingers and calling out girls names, downing their wins, or adding insult to injury over who won. Let the girls play volleyball and let the coaches coach. A parents place is to SUPPORT their girls in wins or losses, but not at the cost of tearing down someone elses daughters.

Greenbrier won the State Championship last year, and yes I think they're great, but let the girls play this week without all this drama. These games will be the LAST games Seniors from every school play in high school. Why make this week more stressful than it already is because of parents that run their mouths?

To all the girls of all the schools.....just play volleyball and savor the playoffs! High school memories should be some of your best!