The Streak will end with Alcoa

UCSportsFan

I heard there were some very inventive '80's outfits. My daughter told me about two of her friends (boys) that dressed in '80's looking basketball uniforms complete with short shorts. I believe Jim Rome refers to the shorts as "nutters", but I won't-because I don't think that language is appropriate for the "T." /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Red Rebels believe it or not that really happened. I was in principle Casteel's office waiting on him and I noticed a couple of girls with big hair and spandex and I said to myself "I have not seen kids dress like that since I was in school". Then started noticing fishnet gloves and mini skirts and I was like this is crazy. Then Mr Kerr my freshman english teacher from 19-- gives me the 411 on the Alcoa week theme. Where every day it is something differant. I could not believe I forgot that. Friday of course is the traditional red and black day and the big pep rally. We had ours outside at shields stadium. I do not know if they still have it there or in the gym but it was fun to see the kids into the spirit of things and brought back alot of good memories. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Rebels believe it or not that really happened. I was in principle Casteel's office waiting on him and I noticed a couple of girls with big hair and spandex and I said to myself "I have not seen kids dress like that since I was in school". Then started noticing fishnet gloves and mini skirts and I was like this is crazy. Then Mr Kerr my freshman english teacher from 19-- gives me the 411 on the Alcoa week theme. Where every day it is something differant. I could not believe I forgot that. Friday of course is the traditional red and black day and the big pep rally. We had ours outside at shields stadium. I do not know if they still have it there or in the gym but it was fun to see the kids into the spirit of things and brought back alot of good memories. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That is a key aspect that makes this game what it is. Alcoa always Spirit Week before maryville doing the same type themes and always ended in a pep rally. Always made the game that much more exciting. Even though in my 4 years Alcoa never won. I hope that this Friday I see a sight that I haven't since the year 2000. I hope both teams stay in good shape after this game. I think it could be a special night for Alcoa, but it could also be the same story just different year. I know I'm ready and so are my 2 suitemates that have never been to a Maryville Alcoa game. I hope the weather stays clear, because I'll be early either way but would prefer to stay dry.

That is a key aspect that makes this game what it is. Alcoa always Spirit Week before maryville doing the same type themes and always ended in a pep rally. Always made the game that much more exciting. Even though in my 4 years Alcoa never won. I hope that this Friday I see a sight that I haven't since the year 2000. I hope both teams stay in good shape after this game. I think it could be a special night for Alcoa, but it could also be the same story just different year. I know I'm ready and so are my 2 suitemates that have never been to a Maryville Alcoa game. I hope the weather stays clear, because I'll be early either way but would prefer to stay dry.

Frankly I think Alcoa has their best chance this year. I have kind of been low key about this game because I know Alcoa has a special team. That may not seem unusual because they are always good but I think maybe they may be even better this year if that is possible. As for Maryville it is obvious they have lost some big time talent at the all important skill positions. I am supporting Maryville and watching the game on the internet from Nashville but I sincerely would not be shocked if Alcoa won. This is the first time I have felt this way in a long time. We shall see. All streaks end and if it so happens you guys pull it out then I will tip my hat and wish you the best.

Ok fill me in on if this place will be sold out or not and how early should a guy get there? I am coming to watch two of the best teams in the nation play so i want to make sure i get a seat!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Standing room only. Gates open at 5:00. The middle section of the home side is mostly season tickets and the student section and band take the left side if your looking out from the press box. That leaves the right side and if you want a seat I would be there when the gates open and would not go to the bathroom if I was you. You could sit on the visitors side but Alcoa will bring thousands of fans and they have fewer seats. Everybody else will stand around the fence at the end zone closest to the school. Believe me some people will not have a good view. I have not been to one of these games in a while so somebody might have something to add that would help you.

Standing room only. Gates open at 5:00. The middle section of the home side is mostly season tickets and the student section and band take the left side if your looking out from the press box. That leaves the right side and if you want a seat I would be there when the gates open and would not go to the bathroom if I was you. You could sit on the visitors side but Alcoa will bring thousands of fans and they have fewer seats. Everybody else will stand around the fence at the end zone closest to the school. Believe me some people will not have a good view. I have not been to one of these games in a while so somebody might have something to add that would help you.

Redsox is right the place will be packed. If you did not get your ticket today or have a season ticket, you might be trying to see from the fences if you wait until 530 to get there. Not a great place to watch unless it is the north end zone when the teams are in the red zone. This is a great HS event. On the Alcoa side, besides the Alcoa faithful there will also be quite a few Maryville haters, who have been waiting for years to see Maryville lose. They can't wait for this group of kids to come up short and show up anytime the other team gets hyped up as being the one to beat ???Maryville Down???. Maryville has seen this type of thing for many years and some of it is classless. Mayville will lose one day but I doubt it would be any kind of beat down. Last week Halls gave the Rebels all they wanted, but you have to play 4 full quarters to beat any well coached team. Halls was worn down and Maryville hung 21 un-answers points on them. Maryville has won many close games in the final quarter the past 10-12 years. Alcoa has not done it in years. Last week Alcoa played another cream puff and I have more confidence knowing my Rebels were in a hard fought game vs. a quality team. Alcoa may again have all the tools, maybe this year we will get to see them. One thing is for sure the fans will see how a champion conducts it??™s business on the field.

Win or lose the Rebels are champions and in a class of their own.

Redsox is right the place will be packed. If you did not get your ticket today or have a season ticket, you might be trying to see from the fences if you wait until 530 to get there. Not a great place to watch unless it is the north end zone when the teams are in the red zone. This is a great HS event. On the Alcoa side, besides the Alcoa faithful there will also be quite a few Maryville haters, who have been waiting for years to see Maryville lose. They can't wait for this group of kids to come up short and show up anytime the other team gets hyped up as being the one to beat ???Maryville Down???. Maryville has seen this type of thing for many years and some of it is classless. Mayville will lose one day but I doubt it would be any kind of beat down. Last week Halls gave the Rebels all they wanted, but you have to play 4 full quarters to beat any well coached team. Halls was worn down and Maryville hung 21 un-answers points on them. Maryville has won many close games in the final quarter the past 10-12 years. Alcoa has not done it in years. Last week Alcoa played another cream puff and I have more confidence knowing my Rebels were in a hard fought game vs. a quality team. Alcoa may again have all the tools, maybe this year we will get to see them. One thing is for sure the fans will see how a champion conducts it??™s business on the field.

Win or lose the Rebels are champions and in a class of their own.

Outstanding post!!!

Here maybe you will like this...

61 wins, not a straight 62

Because i heard only you guys love GQ

We made Nike the rags of champions

Guess we gotta patent them and stamp'em

They brought a shield to a gun fight

There Cinderella strikes out friday night

No, but I'll ask Coach Rankin if he likes it.

One thing is for sure the fans will see how a champion conducts it??™s business on the field.

Fans will see how CHAMPIONS conduct their buisness on the field , dont try to degrade us and give me the whole 2A spill again....................................................... a champion is a champion , saying that its not takes away from the fans ,the players , and the coaches