CENTENNIAL vs. PAGE

CHS 2007

Now CHS 2007, you guys are not really going to be teaching anyone about CLASS any time soon, are you???? Chalk the taunting up to stupid teenager exuberance, but come on, when it comes to class, CHS has a long way to go.

I don't remember any CHS player running over to the other team's stands and taunting them. And I don't remember our flag runners yelling at the other team's coaches.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember any CHS player running over to the other team's stands and taunting them. And I don't remember our flag runners yelling at the other team's coaches.

Not that it matters...but both sides have done too much of that crap to each other including Cent spray painting the Page fieldhouse and messing up the field and crap in all sports. Cent fans setting up in the middle of the Page cheering section. I have seen all the stupid hijinks from both sides.

Put the focus back on the game. It was a hard fought game. Page won in the trenches because they got under Centennial's shoulder pads and too many played soft. Centennial has some great skill people and speed. I don't see how a couple of freshmen will help Centennial do much in their region, even though they are very good. Scales is a great athlete but threw too many hail mary passes and Page secondary was asleep. The passes out into the flat show he is not where he should be. Great athlete but again Page shut him down on the run. Offensive line is huge but technique was poor. Page's quickness was very evident. In this matchup, other than Page getting conservative, Daniels ran that clock and his play calling was superb

The biggest surprise to me was the way Page shreded the D. I am not just talking the first half, but the last drive.

The Centennial defense was porous and will need lots of work.

I hope that neither side had any major injuries. Series now tied 3-3

Bulldog, seriously guy. ENOUGH WITH THE 5A VS. 3A STORYLINE!!!!

Over the last two years, whenever anyone has predicted CHS to win, we heard

That has to be based on the fact that Page is a 3a school and not based on any real facts.

. And after CHS won last year we heard

Look at it for what it is ....a 5a school beats a 3a school.....Centennial is much better...Page still young and not 100%

. With that thinking, you should act like its no big deal if you go out and beat Alcoa simply because they are at a lower class than you. What would you have said if CHS came back and won? "Page held their own, but in the end were simply outmatched." And now we hear wonderful tidbits like

but the bottom line is that you let an obviously overmatched team outwork and outcoach your team....the fact that we are a 3a team makes it worse

. If you were obviously overmatched, why have you picked them to win the past two years?!

but if you think that rallying for 2 TD's against a 3a school is a masterful comeback....go ask Coach M and see what he thinks

Who cares who its against? A rally is a rally.

Football has nothing to do with classes. The better team on the field will win: Page was the better team last night.

Now on to Bulldog:

How can you say that Centennial had no answer to anything Page did? Does scoring 22 points (15 of which came in the fourth quarter) and shutting down your offense in the second half holding them to zero points not qualify as answering? Sure we came up one play away from winning it but honestly man! Give credit where credit is due. Centennial played their guts out that fourth quarter and nearly pulled off the biggest comeback in their history. Sure I was disappointed that we lost but when my team broke post game huddle we applauded our players for giving it their all. Down 28-7 going into half; chances of coming back from 21 points isn't a high percentage. The fact that they cut the lead to 6 is an answer by itself and they managed to get the ball back with a minute left. I remember now why we never got along. You have little to no respect for other posters opinions and apparently none for a team that almost made a miraculous comeback. Good thing I dont have to deal with you the rest of the season.

It's good to see you and your "new best friend" getting along.

chs 2007.

I will always pick my team even if they are overmatched. I have never ever posted anything after a game about "moral" victories and rallies.....if you lose you lose. Page was young for two yrs. They now get to reap some of their efforts...I hope!!

You are a little out of your mind if you think that class size doesn't matter. Depth and size. Being able to pick from 300 students or 800 students or 1400 students doesn't matter????? You won last year and you should have won this year as well....5a ball should always be better than 3a. We now have a mighty 3-9 or 4-9 record against 5a schools. Three of those wins have come against Centennial.

Everybody on here said we were overmatched and I thought physically we were way overmatched.

But....now listen real close...."It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog!!!"

That is what happened last night. Your coach is a good coach and I am sure he will put a positive spin on something somewhere because Centennial did do some good things. If you are looking at your comeback....please call it a moral victory....you lead your region in those.

You had no answer for Neel and I DID predict if he was "on" you would have a tough time.

As far as getting the ball with a minute to go....Page had driven the ball far enough and had taken enough time off that ....as you know....Scales had to throw it up for grabs and was intercepted for the THIRD time.

Guys you get back what you throw out...you don't give respect....you get none in return. I do know that the Page and Centennial players did respect each other. Whether or not you care or like me doesn't matter....it still says PAGE 28---centennial 22!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest WhoAreWePageHigh

in case you didnt see Bulldog, we stopped you guys after one first down on the final drive and got the ball back with a minute to go

are you serious zoosee. we got 3 first downs on the last drive. we would have had another on fourth down when blake neel ran a train on your defense but apparently it was an "illegal shift". the refs exact words were that wisdom had a "slight lean".... i think it might be some home cooking or some paying of the refs. but luckily chaz is your quarterback and just chucked it straight up in the air on the first play. so we won anyways

Guest WhoAreWePageHigh

Congrats to Page for a win in a battle, no matter how ugly it was a win is a win.. Now its time for CHS to come over to Indy next week... oh and I'm sorry but chaz is not the fastest kid in williamson county.. a WR from Indy, Cameron Williams #2 definitely is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA cameron williams is no where near the fastest kid in williamson county. tony kemp and chaz scales are both ten times faster