TROUSDALE COUNTY AT LIVINGSTON ACADEMY

#1jacket fan

Get rid of LA? I don't know about TC fans, but there was no better football atmospheres in the state when the 10 team region was in place. That is what they should bring back in my opinion. The largest school to the smallest school was only seperated by about 400 kids. This would be great.

Livingston Academy

York Institute

Macon County

DeKalb County

Smith County

Upperman

Jackson County

Trousdale County

Cannon County

Westmoreland

All of the schools are just good ole country schools. No privates.

As far as the game this Friday. I hope to see LA get a win, but saw Trousdale in the jamboree and they looked pretty solid.

Tell Maynord to tell Ronnie Carter to get this thing done ASAP!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on RC...X-mas gift?? No indication of how close a game it was??? 2 missed field goals and a fumble in the end zonein the 1st quarter.(if I'm not mistaken). A gift...and close game. I don't know what your or LAs expecttions were. Maybe SC exceded those expectations and LA maybe didn't play like NED...

I give credit where credit is due...LA looked better than they did last year. I know LA has been through ..what...4 coaches in 4 years but haven't some of these coaches been with the program for a while....it's not like a new guy just walked in. They know the program and know the kids....unless that has been the problem. I really don't understand this because last year ...and this year too......looking out on the field..I saw a lot of size, speed and athelets with a LA helmet on.

Anyway...good luck to both the Cats and Waspers.............

Easy now termite !!! I'm not trying to stir up anything, but watching the game from the stands and the final score doesn't always tell the tale. Sure SC done some great things and some bad things but they got the job done and we didn't. We played about as bad as a team could play and was in the game until td #3 nailed the coffin shut. Just to let some of the Owl faithful know .... we were not completely dominated by the Owls. The big eye in the sky don't lie. Stats are sometimes a bit mis-leading. B/c there have been numerous games over the years where teams won the stat count and lost the game. I'm sure it will happen several times again. Good luck to the Owls I hope you all win it all this year. Termite thanks for the props for our kids they are greatly appreciated. And BTW this is the 4th new offensive scheme in as many years that our kids have had to learn, but we are heading in a positive direction.

From the way everyone is talking it sounds like TC has an easy win this week....So i guess their train will just roll right through liv this week.

They may get a win or may not either way will not be easy. This hog-eye bunch is hungry and will play 4 quarters of hard nose football, I think that was proven last week, and yes we took a loss but as RC has said the score was no indication of how well the cats played or didnt play. Good luck to both teams.

GO HOG-EYE

I assure you 'stronger3' that all the players and coaches believe that they can win this week. I don't think the hs football world thinks that we can, but that don't matter. We are just trying to get better each and every day. Last week against the OWLS we stunk it up pretty good to say the least. Not taking anything away from the Smith Co. program but merry x-mas for the gift b/c the score was no indication of how close the game was. We played like ned and the first reader and still had our chances. But the program is going in the right direction and that's all that matters. Look for the Cats to come out Friday night with blood in their eyes and give TC a good ole fashioned woodshed spanking. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This is my first post on here but after sitting back for 2 years and saying nothing I thought it was time to speak up. I played at LA back in the day. I have always kept up with the team and defended them in the tough times. I listened to the game last week(because I don't live close enough to watch) and it didn't sound like we were in it at all. 'We could've played til thanksgiving' as one of my great coaches once said and we wouldn't have come close to making it a respectable game. I have seen a few games the last couple of years and I wonder if there is any leadership at LA anymore. I have seen recievers quit on balls, linemen getting blown off the ball, running backs afraid of sticking it up in the hole,etc. It just seems like the players don't care. I know that the coaches are going to 'try' and put the team in the best position to win but at some point the players have to realize that this is their team and go out and play hard. The one thing that gets me about Livingston is that some parent is always wanting to point the finger at some coach when they should tell their boy to get off his butt and play hard. It's not always the coaching. I know that LA has a tough schedule and it's going to be hard to even finish the season .500 but the players need to dig down deep and find some pride. Who knows?? If someone would step up and be a leader this team may actually turn it around.

This is my first post on here but after sitting back for 2 years and saying nothing I thought it was time to speak up. I played at LA back in the day. I have always kept up with the team and defended them in the tough times. I listened to the game last week(because I don't live close enough to watch) and it didn't sound like we were in it at all. 'We could've played til thanksgiving' as one of my great coaches once said and we wouldn't have come close to making it a respectable game. I have seen a few games the last couple of years and I wonder if there is any leadership at LA anymore. I have seen recievers quit on balls, linemen getting blown off the ball, running backs afraid of sticking it up in the hole,etc. It just seems like the players don't care. I know that the coaches are going to 'try' and put the team in the best position to win but at some point the players have to realize that this is their team and go out and play hard. The one thing that gets me about Livingston is that some parent is always wanting to point the finger at some coach when they should tell their boy to get off his butt and play hard. It's not always the coaching. I know that LA has a tough schedule and it's going to be hard to even finish the season .500 but the players need to dig down deep and find some pride. Who knows?? If someone would step up and be a leader this team may actually turn it around.

Hilham, as you and termite both said Livingston was not in this game at all. Termite told "the rest of the story" as the Owls had 2 missed FG's and a fumble in the end zone. The Owls had well over 300 yards offense while the Cats got most of what little they got on their last drive and Coach Maynard didn't even have the starters in.

Hilham, as you and termite both said Livingston was not in this game at all. Termite told "the rest of the story" as the Owls had 2 missed FG's and a fumble in the end zone. The Owls had well over 300 yards offense while the Cats got most of what little they got on their last drive and Coach Maynard didn't even have the starters in.

I know.... That is why it's sad. I can't believe anyone could come away from that and feel good about it. Don't sugar coat it. It was bad.... Just like the last two seasons. If they're going to get any better someone is going to have to realize that and step up and be a leader.

Well I don't know if hilham or scg07 was referring to what I said about the game last week or not but I will respond anyway. For starters I assure you that nobody in the LA camp feels good about our performance last week. We played just like I said "ned and the first reader". No sugar coating from this LA fan. It was totally embarrassing. But the funny thing is we had our chances to make a game of it.. even with all the mistakes we made. It sort of ticked me off just a little when I read in the other threads that SC totally dominated the game. Yeah they had more first downs more yards and most importantly more points than we did. I guess that's just the competitor in me. And until our players take that attitude then there will be more games like last week.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith in what a biased fan said about their team unless they are around the team everyday, or they watch the film of their game b/c they don't have a clue of how well or how bad their teams performance was. All they know is stats and points. Just like I said we played about as bad as you can play and had chances to make a game of it. Could we have won that game you betcha we could have if our kids would have done their assignments, especially on the offensive side of the ball. But SC had a lot to do with that as well. Not taking anything away from them.

Friday night our kids get a chance to redeem themselves when Trousdale Co. comes a calling. Like a few posters have already said it will be hard for LA to win b/c they saw TC in the Jamboree 2 weeks ago. I guess that makes it so then b/c some fan saw them play. I assure you it want be a cake walk for either team. The game will be decided by the team that wants it the most and blocking and tackling. The old saying "Rome wasn't built in a day" holds true today. The LA program is headed in the right direction IMO but it won't happen overnite. It takes time and hard work to build anything. I believe these first 2 games are good measuring sticks to get the players ready for Kingston and the rest of Region 2. Come out and support the Cats b/c they are working hard and need your support.

Dang it, Chair, you have got me fired up!!! I guarantee you I'd be there if I could! I got your back and the teams as well and wish those boys luck this week..I agree, film and knowing your team tells the tale most of the time. I listened to the game last week on webcasting, and after hearing SC's announcers and some of the SC posters here, LA's front four on d and their o-line looked pretty good. It sounds like just getting everybody on the same page at the same time and I know that is plan and easier said than done...But it can be done and I hope it starts with TC!

Good luck Hog-Eye!!

I assure you 'stronger3' that all the players and coaches believe that they can win this week. I don't think the hs football world thinks that we can, but that don't matter. We are just trying to get better each and every day. Last week against the OWLS we stunk it up pretty good to say the least. Not taking anything away from the Smith Co. program but merry x-mas for the gift b/c the score was no indication of how close the game was. We played like ned and the first reader and still had our chances. But the program is going in the right direction and that's all that matters. Look for the Cats to come out Friday night with blood in their eyes and give TC a good ole fashioned woodshed spanking. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LOL Close!!! LOL What game was you watching!!! LOL

I have to agree with hillhamhound here. Coaches, schemes, size, talent and all that mess can only take you so far. What Livingston HAS to have is a player on the field step up and take charge of this team and lead them in the right direction. (and yes of course thats by example and not by running their mouths, which numerous players seem to want to do).

Without this happening over the next week or two LA is gonna have a hard time going 3-7 this year.

Can it happen???? Sure, there is potential there. Will it happen???? Who knows.

Dang it, Chair, you have got me fired up!!! I guarantee you I'd be there if I could! I got your back and the teams as well and wish those boys luck this week..I agree, film and knowing your team tells the tale most of the time. I listened to the game last week on webcasting, and after hearing SC's announcers and some of the SC posters here, LA's front four on d and their o-line looked pretty good. It sounds like just getting everybody on the same page at the same time and I know that is plan and easier said than done...But it can be done and I hope it starts with TC!

Good luck Hog-Eye!!

Hey BigDaddy we don't want you fired up, Houston would never be the same after an ol hillbilly got excited about HOG-EYE. Good to hear from you and to see you still have your spirit and I hope and pray that today finds you better than yesterday and you will be home to see the cats for yourself SOON. How bout them nay sayers.

GO HOG-EYE