Sequoyah @ GP

bigclittleh

Looking forward to going up to the game. This will be a tough one for the Chiefs. GP will be a better team then what we saw this past Friday. Our "D" is going to have to play alot better. From what I hear thier QB is really good, throws the ball well. And you know they will pound the ball alot thats just GP football, thier coach loves to run the ball. Our Defensive line has got to step it up and play better, stop the run & put pressure on the QB. Think GP will be 1 of the 4 toughest teams on our schedule. The other 3 being Central. Howard, & Polk. The offense needs to put up some points & if the "D" can make some big plays at the right times this will be a good game. GO CHIEFS!

I agree! GP will be one of the best teams we face this year! As far as our defense goes, the WHOLE unit has got to step UP and play better. I think we need to be more creative on defense. I don't think we are going to out man many teams this year. But there is a reason teams play the games. Upsets happen all the time at it is about time for Sequoyah to pull off a big one. We will upset someone this year!!! Go chiefs!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched game film again. Here are the stats.

Offensive for the Chiefs : Passing #15 - 11 of 28 for 140 yards & 2 T.D.

#12 - 0 of 1 Int.

Recieving - Breeden 6 catches 70 yards, Thompson 1 catch 44 yards, carson 2 catches 22 yards, Brewster 2

Rushing - White 11 carries for 85 yards , We had seven other backs with 1 or 2 carries each.

Team total 29 carries 119 yards

Total offense for Seq. 259 yards. Total offense for Sweetwater 348 yards rushing 38 for 258 yards

passing 8/14 for 90 yards

Defense - White had 8 tackles, Jo bill had 7 tackles, carson had 6 tackles, Topa had 5 tackles, Bell had 3 tackles,

We had 3 others with 2 tackles each, & we had 4 with 1 tackle each.

Thanks for taking the time to do the stats,good job! I guess some people look at the game from a different angle, go figure! Go get'em tonight Chiefs!!!!!!!!

I think Sweetwater has more team speed. G-P was very disciplined on both sides of the ball. The running game complimented the passing game real well. G-P seemed to be more powerful up front on defense. I think G-P has the edge in the backfield, Sweetwater has the better QB, and its even at recievers and O-Line. Defensively, G-P gets the edge on the line, even on the LB's, and I would have to give G-P a slight edge on DB's. If I had to predict a winner though, off of the 2 games I have saw, if they played right now, I would have to give Sweetwater the edge in a close one.

Tough loss! Playing conditions far from ideal. What happened to the runnung attack besides the fumbles? Chiefs fans need to keep the faith. I think this team starts to come around and get some wins. Sequayah' s schedule is tough early with Sweetwater, G-P and Central.

I don't believe our running backs had any fumbles. I sure would have liked to see us try the run more often, especially inside the red zone. We had it there three times with no points. If we can make it through Central with everyone healthy and mentally still on the same page we should be able to put some wins together and still have a good season. Go Chiefs!