Sequoyah @ GP

bigclittleh

O.kay coach Slobber, you have had this same scenario happen 8 times in this game. Let's say the center and the full back did miss a blitz pick-up and there was a fumbled exchange because the center or quarterback mishandled a wet ball while they are in a shot-gun spread formation, yes, I would say this is lack of execution but it is a head coaches job and duty to know when to say that enough is enough. The offense that I am wanting to run and the offense that I need to run are not one and the same. I'm also not saying that our offense spread formation would not work in a different scenario. I for one enjoy seeing the ball thrown down the field and agree that the veer can sometimes be a bit boring, but Thursday night at GP that was the only offense working for Sequoyah. Anyone that was at the game could see that clearly. If your offensive play has not worked for 3 1/2 quarters (be it conditions, execution, or playcalling) then you should go with what works. With four minutes to go in this game, we had the ball at GP's 25 and would have scored running the veer. That is the only offense that had worked to that point.

We don't know if they would have scored running the veer or not, you are assuming they could they had done try to run it after the blocked punt from 10 or 15 yard line and went away with two negative rushing yard plays, so that did not work then why would it work in the situation you are talking about. Just curious why you are saying they could have done late in the game when they had done failed earlier in the game, this answer should be entertaining.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know if they would have scored running the veer or not, you are assuming they could they had done try to run it after the blocked punt from 10 or 15 yard line and went away with two negative rushing yard plays, so that did not work then why would it work in the situation you are talking about. Just curious why you are saying they could have done late in the game when they had done failed earlier in the game, this answer should be entertaining.

If you were there you would know the answer, or maybe you don't understand the difference between the power I (another offensive scheme that the boys have only worked on since the dead period) and the veer. I said in the thread that if we had went with the veer on GP 25 we would have scored. Totally different from what you are trying to say. In this earlier series we went with the power I and yes we did'nt move the ball on two tries, then we ran what looked to be a naked bootleg on 3rd down and the defensive end made a great play for GP. I'm not questioning the play calling here. we tried it, it didn't work, and we didn't try it again. If you had been there you would have seen that the only positive offense was the veer. Come on man you said that the play calling was the only thing that kept us in this game, you couldn't be saying that lengthening the time on this game worked in SQs favor (which is what happens when you throw the ball 2/3rds of the time just in case you didn't know that) I've alway found that in playing a SUPIERIOR TEAM (just quoating you) that it works more in the less SUPIERIOR TEAMS favor to play a time controlled offense. I don't think that your comments or feeling have anything to do with what you really think of SQ football, but that you have some sort of a personal vendetta towards Dave and Jeff. I really wish someone that wanted to talk sensible about SQ football would please respond.

If you were there you would know the answer, or maybe you don't understand the difference between the power I (another offensive scheme that the boys have only worked on since the dead period) and the veer. I said in the thread that if we had went with the veer on GP 25 we would have scored. Totally different from what you are trying to say. In this earlier series we went with the power I and yes we did'nt move the ball on two tries, then we ran what looked to be a naked bootleg on 3rd down and the defensive end made a great play for GP. I'm not questioning the play calling here. we tried it, it didn't work, and we didn't try it again. If you had been there you would have seen that the only positive offense was the veer. Come on man you said that the play calling was the only thing that kept us in this game, you couldn't be saying that lengthening the time on this game worked in SQs favor (which is what happens when you throw the ball 2/3rds of the time just in case you didn't know that) I've alway found that in playing a SUPIERIOR TEAM (just quoating you) that it works more in the less SUPIERIOR TEAMS favor to play a time controlled offense. I don't think that your comments or feeling have anything to do with what you really think of SQ football, but that you have some sort of a personal vendetta towards Dave and Jeff. I really wish someone that wanted to talk sensible about SQ football would please respond.

I called Sweetwater the supperior team not GP I am not sure if they were or not. Play calling gave us a chance to beat Sweetwater. So you are 100% certain the TD run came out of the veer. Nobody else wants to talk to you you have been figured out. I wish any plays run out of the veer would be thrown away. It did not produce wins for us then and will not produce wins now.

I called Sweetwater the supperior team not GP I am not sure if they were or not. Play calling gave us a chance to beat Sweetwater. So you are 100% certain the TD run came out of the veer. Nobody else wants to talk to you you have been figured out. I wish any plays run out of the veer would be thrown away. It did not produce wins for us then and will not produce wins now.

The Knoxville News Sentinal had the stats for the GP game at 28 rushes for 21 yards and one touchdown. With the touchdown coming from a 26 yard run. So that leaves 27 rushes for -5 yards left. So those stats came from someone who was at the game so I would consider that more reliable than stats that were took off game field with yards hard to see.

anyone with any sense will tell you that stats are more accurate off game film than live, regardless of the conditions, you can rewind the film,,,Duhhhhh Also where do you think the "offical" game stats come from in college and the pros?? Stupid is Stupid does, open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Yes, but the sacks show obvious bad O-line play and you have to factor that in. If you don't have time to throw even a quick pass you are not going to be effective running the ball. So all of the factors added in does not necessarily make this a poor coached game. Dr. Dave talked about the offense last year and 300 yds/ avg but what about the two victories we had to show for it.

Well I can tell you this we didn't have 12 sacks all last year! Who said anything about quick passes other than a screen or two. They WERE EFFECTIVE RUNNING THE BALL! When we went gun with quads they were rolling the safety over to the field side slot. Leaving no one in center field! They locked everyone up one on one and brought the other 7. The sacks indicate you cannot consistenly block 7 with 6 in pass pro. tell some of your buddies to pay attention or learn just a little football before they start running down kids. You singled out the center and the FB(imagine that) the fb blocks backside edge in there protection package Forrest the pressure did not come from the back side edge, as far as the center who in the stands could tell you what his protection was??? How would they know what protection package they have called ( yeah forrest believe it or not they have more than one pass protection package) the same kid who also plays FB and LB you called out in the Sweetwater game and yet he led the team in tackles, the player you were so high on at LB had the the least tackles of ALL the LB's(he played alot better this week) yeah you really know the game! Yeah we only won 2 games, but were in several to the end and even OT. You just hate the veer. What play do you think sweetwater killed us with chickenlittle????? We avergaed almost 300 yards rushing per game!!! with 9 starters back and against a team that lost 17 seniors we have 55 net yards??????. Those are FACTS not made up lies trying to settle a personal score, it must be in the water at Vonore. COACHT can also disclose that I am not either of the poster you suggest. I don't have to hide. It amazes me that what COACHT allows you to distribute your poision and all the while hide behind a computer. There are people on here that know who you are. It is not fair to the people that want to have a legitimate discussion.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. That quote fits Sequoyah prefectly. Will this bickering ever end? Sometimes it take more of a man not to get the last word in.

Both sides have valid points. I did not attend the GP game, so I can not comment. But I did see the Swater game. I dont know the final stats, but offensively SQHS played well. I like the fact that they are trying to throw the ball. Respectively speaking, I will admit, there are times that I thought they should have ran more with White. All good teams are balanced. In fact two great running teams SQHS 99 and Tellico 94 went deep into playoffs, but they ran into physical defenses can kept them in check with out a passing attack (which I'm sure everyone knows).

So that's my few cents worth. I am not a football genius or coach, but I love football with a passion. It is the greatest sport on earth. Lets talk about football and not argue about it. Satterfield can turn this thing around, but bickering can only make it worse. Unfortunately, players read these arguements and take their parent's side. I have heard from some students, that there are some players that do not like (but hopefully respect) coach s. And I hope it is not because of some at home coach bashing.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. That quote fits Sequoyah prefectly. Will this bickering ever end? Sometimes it take more of a man not to get the last word in.

Both sides have valid points. I did not attend the GP game, so I can not comment. But I did see the Swater game. I dont know the final stats, but offensively SQHS played well. I like the fact that they are trying to throw the ball. Respectively speaking, I will admit, there are times that I thought they should have ran more with White. All good teams are balanced. In fact two great running teams SQHS 99 and Tellico 94 went deep into playoffs, but they ran into physical defenses can kept them in check with out a passing attack (which I'm sure everyone knows).

So that's my few cents worth. I am not a football genius or coach, but I love football with a passion. It is the greatest sport on earth. Lets talk about football and not argue about it. Satterfield can turn this thing around, but bickering can only make it worse. Unfortunately, players read these arguements and take their parent's side. I have heard from some students, that there are some players that do not like (but hopefully respect) coach s. And I hope it is not because of some at home coach bashing.

would those two teams have gotten deep in the playoffs without doing what they did best? I am not bashing anyone here or at home. I simply stated my opinion based on being at the game and the stats. I also said coaches are human and that hind site is always 20/20. Some people need to try and call plays when the bullets are flying and see how easy they think it is then. You can call a good play but the defense makes a better call, or kid dosent excute it properly so on so forth. I think that game was winnable by being more dedicated to the run. Again the stats make that a legitamate argument. We average over 5 yards per rush, rush it 18 times GP avergaes less than 4 yards per rush rushes it 42 times and wins the game. I don't mind throwing the ball at all, you have to, but I feel you play to your teams strength, yeah you want to get better at things(say passing) but your first objective should be to win the game. Jake has NEVER expressed any dislike with Coach. You shouldn't have to get on here and defend a kid EVER! You see that is just the kind of crap of talking out of both sides of your mouth that creates bickering. You imply kids taking the sides of there parents side, some kids don't like Coach because of there parents, well I will bet you that the parents that post on here don't appreciate you throwing them in that bunch. I know about all of them and none of them would do that. Are you with them at there home???? You heard some kids did not like Coach and boom it is becuase of parent bashing???? I have not heard one kid say they did not like Coach Satterfield not one.Those kind of bull crap accusations is what starts the bickering . You say "lets talk about football" and then follow that up with those comments??????? Maybe you posted with out thinking or trying to imply anyone I don't know hopefully it had no malicous tied to it and was just a brain fart, we all have them.

Hey, not trying to be difficult here, but one less GP throw and its 27-0 and a much, much different game. Where's Sweetwater below:(....you guys will be OK but sound like a lot of infighting.

http://unauthorized website/content.asp?CID=840139

Dr. Dave,

You are chewing him out for lumping people into a category? Check your previous post. I think it was along the lines of "it must be in the water at Vonore", what kind of a comment is that? If you and slobber want to bash each other, by all means go ahead, but I have some very close friends in Vonore and I personally take exception with you lumping them into your insinuation that slobber is an idiot, so everyone else in Vonore must be too.