livingston academy at kingston

jackets98

I think Livingston Academy has the edge on kingston. All you heard about this preseason was how james sams is some big thing, well he stinks just plain stinks!! he broke a run on us in the 1st quarter thats all, kingston will be lucky to win 3 games this year so i'm taking LA if they can play good and stop kingston which wont be hard cause we owned them the whole game a few plays beat us thats all

I don't know who you are "harrimanboy13", but if you are going to make dumb statements like that, please take the harriman out of your signature. I don't want it associated with our Harriman players and coaches. We played well against Kingston but your comment that Sams "stinks" is ridiculous. He's a good football player on both sides of the ball. He'd start for us on both defense and offense if he was here so what you are saying is not very bright.

I don't want to see Harriman looked at as "trash-talkers" that say stupid things on here. Our kids are too good for that kind of stuff.

("big-gamer"'s comments don't count, everyone who knows anything on here knows he's just fooling around and shouldn't be taken seriously)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have read your posts and I never found the word "loser". But, what are you calling them? It ain't winners! You want to post bulletin board material..Well congratulations! You have succeeded.

What's this?

You say I am making excuses..Or is it facts? Fact..LA has had the toughest schedule in the state in 3A for 4 years in a row..Fact..LA for the last 2 seasons have been playing underclassmen...(13, 14-16 year olds do not generally whip up on 17, 18, 19 year olds)..But I have said that the age of these boys should not be an excuse this year as many have on the field experience. Fact...4 Head Coaches in 4 years...I know they have all been a part of the program but they all have had different visions for the program and what they thought was/is the right direction for it, but I believe all wanted success but yet knew that after 05 it wasn't going to be as easy. That is a fact. This program will be much more successful if you are going to look at w's and l's after we get out this region. Call this excuse making or what ever, but that is a brutal region..The 05 team won the State Title in this very same region with probably one of if not the best team LA has ever fielded (now is when all the old timers tell us about teams pre 1980 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) and they go 5-5?? Now I played as well back in the day against some good teams, even went to the playoffs 2 seasons (back when only 2 teams out of the district went), took some bad whippings, had some satisfying wins, even went thru head coaching changes but I am telling you that I never went thru the adversities these boys that has been playing the last 3-4 years and I am sure you have not either. That is fact on my end and probably on your end too, not excuse making.

Have seen these boys play this year?? How can you say that they are not playing hard? You sound more like a critic than a fan IMO. Going to a game a year does not make one or at least most of us all knowing about a team or does it? Also, you are not the only one who is not satisfied with the friday night results the last 2+ seasons..I just don't like your approach and hey your probably a heckuva guy! But believe me I am pretty hard nosed about losing as I always have and always will hate losing! This is tough on players, coaches, parents, and fans alike!

GO BIG BLUE!!

BD, a positive attitude is a good thing and Livingston's region is tough, but I thought you might like to know that their record against non-region opponents since 2006 is 1-9.

BD, a positive attitude is a good thing and Livingston's region is tough, but I thought you might like to know that their record against non-region opponents since 2006 is 1-9.

Thanks for pointing that out, because the non region schedule factors in to the over all schedule strength of schedule. I still say that we lost to better teams whether region or non region. and none of them are pushovers: Smith County and Trousdale County are perrenial powers and will probably always will be. Station Camp except their first year has had an outstanding program in a tough region as well. While we had York's number for a few years, they were certainly better than us last year with a heck of team. I have not saw this team this year so, again, I have no comment. I like being positive, but this is not about positives and negatives. It is about facts. I don't mind pointing out what needs to be worked on, but I believe there are proper ways to handle it.

Good luck tonight Hog-Eye!

(RC, hang in there! Will be pulling for you all) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok I have read your posts and I never found the word "loser". But, what are you calling them? It ain't winners! You want to post bulletin board material..Well congratulations! You have succeeded.

What's this?

You say I am making excuses..Or is it facts? Fact..LA has had the toughest schedule in the state in 3A for 4 years in a row..Fact..LA for the last 2 seasons have been playing underclassmen...(13, 14-16 year olds do not generally whip up on 17, 18, 19 year olds)..But I have said that the age of these boys should not be an excuse this year as many have on the field experience. Fact...4 Head Coaches in 4 years...I know they have all been a part of the program but they all have had different visions for the program and what they thought was/is the right direction for it, but I believe all wanted success but yet knew that after 05 it wasn't going to be as easy. That is a fact. This program will be much more successful if you are going to look at w's and l's after we get out this region. Call this excuse making or what ever, but that is a brutal region..The 05 team won the State Title in this very same region with probably one of if not the best team LA has ever fielded (now is when all the old timers tell us about teams pre 1980 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> ) and they go 5-5?? Now I played as well back in the day against some good teams, even went to the playoffs 2 seasons (back when only 2 teams out of the district went), took some bad whippings, had some satisfying wins, even went thru head coaching changes but I am telling you that I never went thru the adversities these boys that has been playing the last 3-4 years and I am sure you have not either. That is fact on my end and probably on your end too, not excuse making.

Have seen these boys play this year?? How can you say that they are not playing hard? You sound more like a critic than a fan IMO. Going to a game a year does not make one or at least most of us all knowing about a team or does it? Also, you are not the only one who is not satisfied with the friday night results the last 2+ seasons..I just don't like your approach and hey your probably a heckuva guy! But believe me I am pretty hard nosed about losing as I always have and always will hate losing! This is tough on players, coaches, parents, and fans alike!

GO BIG BLUE!!

Thanks for the bulletin board material. I'm sorry if I seem a little harsh but I don't remember anyone sugar coating anything back in our day. Does Vanderbilt or Miss St or any other SEC team get to cry about the strength of their schedule? I don't think so. Do you know why?? Because no one would listen!! It is the players and coaches job to go out and compete every week. Regardless of the strength of schedule. I have never said that these boys should win every game or even come close against a few of their opponents but what I have said is that I would like to see these kids play with a little more passion. I've been on bad teams before and it's rough but I just can't get my head around the fact that we had 58 total yards last week. 3 first downs?? I have watched enough football to know that we are much better than that. 4 coaches in 4 years. That's tough. I don't know, maybe I expect too much. Just compete. Make it respectable is all I ask. I promise you that if that happens you will see some positive posts out of me.

Thanks for pointing that out, because the non region schedule factors in to the over all schedule strength of schedule. I still say that we lost to better teams whether region or non region. and none of them are pushovers: Smith County and Trousdale County are perrenial powers and will probably always will be. Station Camp except their first year has had an outstanding program in a tough region as well. While we had York's number for a few years, they were certainly better than us last year with a heck of team. I have not saw this team this year so, again, I have no comment. I like being positive, but this is not about positives and negatives. It is about facts. I don't mind pointing out what needs to be worked on, but I believe there are proper ways to handle it.

Good luck tonight Hog-Eye!

(RC, hang in there! Will be pulling for you all) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

7 or 8 losses in a row to Smith Co. but I guess they had better teams than Livingston all of those games.

7 or 8 losses in a row to Smith Co. but I guess they had better teams than Livingston all of those games.

Now you are splitting hairs...Going from the last 2 season to the last 7 or 8 games vs. SC...You and hilham just love to argue best I can tell. And yes SC was better the last 2 years. How far are you wanting to go back??

hilhamhound, We are not talking SEC football. There are college boards for that. But you have to be a Plus Member. If you don't like my facts, then thats fine. Vandy and Miss. State are at the bottom of the conference for obvious reasons..Wouldn't you agree? They play with recruited players, LA football plays with homegrown boys. You are talking apples and oranges.

I played for Terry Melton and he never sugar coated and I don't believe in it either. But, there is a difference in sugar coating and stating facts. I hope these boys read your posts and take it to heart, but Melton, Flatt, McCoin (McCoin and Flatt were young and tough in those days and I don't know if they have mellowed any now) were tough on us after losses but never made negative comments like you. Plus, I still say a person cannot go to a game a year and have any idea about a program or how it is run.

This is supposed to be about LA vs. Kingston /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />, but so far it has been BigDaddy vs. hilhamhound and SCG07!! And not one time on any thread either of you have said, "good luck blue" "go hog-eye", etc. proving your fan hood or lack there of.

So I will say and mean it....GO BIG BLUE!! Good luck tonight!

Now you are splitting hairs...Going from the last 2 season to the last 7 or 8 games vs. SC...You and hilham just love to argue best I can tell. And yes SC was better the last 2 years. How far are you wanting to go back??

hilhamhound, We are not talking SEC football. There are college boards for that. But you have to be a Plus Member. If you don't like my facts, then thats fine. Vandy and Miss. State are at the bottom of the conference for obvious reasons..Wouldn't you agree? They play with recruited players, LA football plays with homegrown boys. You are talking apples and oranges.

I played for Terry Melton and he never sugar coated and I don't believe in it either. But, there is a difference in sugar coating and stating facts. I hope these boys read your posts and take it to heart, but Melton, Flatt, McCoin (McCoin and Flatt were young and tough in those days and I don't know if they have mellowed any now) were tough on us after losses but never made negative comments like you. Plus, I still say a person cannot go to a game a year and have any idea about a program or how it is run.

This is supposed to be about LA vs. Kingston /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />, but so far it has been BigDaddy vs. hilhamhound and SCG07!! And not one time on any thread either of you have said, "good luck blue" "go hog-eye", etc. proving your fan hood or lack there of.

BigDaddy you got to keep up with my post. I wished the big blue luck yesterday. Anyway, it's just a friendly conversation between two old LA boys. Me and you. Looks like the score was 21-0 tonight. That's a lot closer than the past two weeks. In my opinion that's a big improvement over the last two weeks. Congrats LA. Keep getting better. That shows me that you haven't given up. Build on this MORAL VICTORY. I knew that eventually you boys would get that old HOGEYE fight back in you. As for you BigDaddy, if you played for Terry D, then your alright in my book. That man would make grown men out of boys in a hurry. One of the greatest coaches in LA history. Maybe not an X's and O's guy, but he knew how to get the very best out of his players. I'm on board with you BigDaddy, we just have different ways of getting our points across. I'll have to see the box score before I can make too many more positive comments. All I know now is that 21-0 is an improvement. Keep it up LA, gotta crawl before you walk.

BD, you are wrong about BD vs. SCG. It's not about arguing, it's about stating facts. I absolutly have no problem with someone who sees the glass half full. It's now 2-21 in the last 23 games. That's a hard pill to swallow for me. If you can swallow it, that's fine I have no problem with that. My main point is in those 21 losses, are we sure the opposition was better everytime. Maybe so. From a few I've talked to, Kingston was a below average football team but I can't make that determination from listening on WLIV.

BD, you are wrong about BD vs. SCG. It's not about arguing, it's about stating facts. I absolutly have no problem with someone who sees the glass half full. It's now 2-21 in the last 23 games. That's a hard pill to swallow for me. If you can swallow it, that's fine I have no problem with that. My main point is in those 21 losses, are we sure the opposition was better everytime. Maybe so. From a few I've talked to, Kingston was a below average football team but I can't make that determination from listening on WLIV.

OK....For the last time(sigh)...The last 2 seasons...that is 2006 and 2007, yes we lost, IMO, EVERY game to the better team. Go back yourself and look at the schedules/scores for the 06 and 07 seasons. Trousdale and Scott Co. in 06 could have went either way (I forgot about those two), but the rest were not close, the rest were just better.

For the last time(sigh)....I said I have not saw this year's team so I cannot comment.

I have never said I liked losing. I believe I said I hate losing. Talk about pill swallowing??? Think your the only one? Try being a player, coach, or parent of either reading or having to listen to junk posted on here by nay sayers in the bad times and turn into coat tail riders when its all good..Funny how that works?!

Now, IMO, this is getting pointless typing the same thing over and over, it should be time move on and stop dragging 2 years worth of growing pains no one really wants to remember if the memories can't be used properly back up and up and up and up..you get the picture I hope.

OK....For the last time(sigh)...The last 2 seasons...that is 2006 and 2007, yes we lost, IMO, EVERY game to the better team. Go back yourself and look at the schedules/scores for the 06 and 07 seasons. Trousdale and Scott Co. in 06 could have went either way (I forgot about those two), but the rest were not close, the rest were just better.

For the last time(sigh)....I said I have not saw this year's team so I cannot comment.

I have never said I liked losing. I believe I said I hate losing. Talk about pill swallowing??? Think your the only one? Try being a player, coach, or parent of either reading or having to listen to junk posted on here by nay sayers in the bad times and turn into coat tail riders when its all good..Funny how that works?!

Now, IMO, this is getting pointless typing the same thing over and over, it should be time move on and stop dragging 2 years worth of growing pains no one really wants to remember if the memories can't be used properly back up and up and up and up..you get the picture I hope.

I too have yet to see either team play, but I do know that if they kept Kingston to 21, then they are getting better compared to the last few years. It's crap that they even have to play in that region due to all the long traveling. Be ye prepared all talkers of ye smack, said monkey will be on ye back soon. Sorry I was watching an old English movie and it sounded good.