Oakland 9 Coffee County 7

SCtribe

???We didn??™t play our best football tonight but I am not taking anything away from Coffee County. Their kids played four full quarters of football, their coaches had a great game-plan and it is a shame someone had to lose this game,??? McDaniel said.

quote from Oakland's head coach after the game.

I think what he means is its a shame that Oakland won tonight, because thats the way offense played tonight, shameful.

Do you have the stats from the game?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hornsby is a GREAT weapon to have in your arsenal any time. Young man is probably the best kicker in the Region right now.

Congratulations to BOTH teams for a hard played game right to the end.

I will second that. He has done very well for us up to this point, and I look forward to his contribution for next 2 seasons. I wish we would trust him more instead of going for it.

First of all, I want to say that Coffee County has a beautiful facility and folk there are 100% 1st class. The hospitality I enjoyed tonight from the CC fans was second to none. Thanks guys for making me feel so welcome. The fans there are supportive and loyal and I admitre that. Many of our supporters got very angry tonight an showed their true colors ( bandwagon!) and I hate that stuff. CC's Defense imprressed me as did Henley on that glorious 45 yd haul of his. Yall played with heart and I expect good things happening for you guys. Nunley is a great coach and a really good guy too. You guys have nothing to hang your heads about.

5afootball fan....my belly is so full from trying to out-eat you tonight at Freddie's . You were right, their wings are as good as Toot's. I still can't believe that you were able to out-eat me. You will have to make it to the Boro soon so I can repay your hospitality at Toot's and get a RE-MATCH on the wings contest.

CC really deserved to win this game tonight. All the fumbles and flags....ridiculous.

We had to have had at least 70 yds in penalties. What was it, 5 fumbles?? Good grief. We looked totally disorganized and confused. That led to all the injuries too. Of course give credit to CC's D for making things happen. I hate to say it, but it looked like we overlooked CC and it SHOWED. Had it nt been for the D bailing us out and the leg of Hornsby, we would have lost. Henley looked smooth as silk on his great TD for CC. I expect great things from him in the future. We just never got anything going and it looked like there was tension brewing and a lot of panic on the sidelines. It looked like last yr. Where was that confident team from last week? We better get it together b/f Lavergne. Maybe we need to stop believing all the press and PROVE ourselves.

First of all, I want to say that Coffee County has a beautiful facility and folk there are 100% 1st class. The hospitality I enjoyed tonight from the CC fans was second to none. Thanks guys for making me feel so welcome. The fans there are supportive and loyal and I admitre that. Many of our supporters got very angry tonight an showed their true colors ( bandwagon!) and I hate that stuff. CC's Defense imprressed me as did Henley on that glorious 45 yd haul of his. Yall played with heart and I expect good things happening for you guys. Nunley is a great coach and a really good guy too.

5afootball fan....my belly is so full from trying to out-eat you tonight at Freddie's . You were right, their wings are as good as Toot's. I still can't believe that you were able to out-eat me. You will have to make it to the Boro soon so I can repay your hospitality at Toot's and get a RE-MATCH on the wings contest.

CC really deserved to win this game tonigtt. All the fumbles and flags....ridiculous.

We had to have had at least 70 yds in penalties. What was it, 5 fumbles?? Good grief.T We looked totally disorganized and confused. Of course give credit to CC's D for making things happen. I hate to say it, but it looked like we overlooked CC and it SHOWED. Had it nt been for the D bailing us out and the leg of Hornsby, we would have lost. Henley looked smooth as silk on his great TD for CC. I expect great things from him in the future. We just never got anything going and it looked like there was tension brewing and a lot of panic on the sidelines. It looked like last yr. Where was that confident team from last week? We better get it together b/f Lavergne. Maybe we need to stop believing all the press and PROVE ourselves.

Honestly, on that td, thats the first legitimate mistake ive seen the defense make all season. The safety made a horrendous play on the ball. I think it just goes back to what I said last week, that you can get up that high for a game 2 weeks in a row, I dont think it was overconfidence or anything of the like, it was just a lack of execution and focus

Honestly, no Oakland fans to accept congrats tonight with the way the team play, or at least the offense. The only reason we deserved to win that game was because of the defense

Yeah, Coffee's defense was pretty good, but Oakland stopped themselves moreso than CC. We forgot who we were tonight and tried to a little bit of everything instead of sticking with what we do well

Oakland was missing two key guys on the O line & D line that got so much push against Riverdale Derek Barrett (DNP lower body injury) and Anthony Amey left in the first qtr with the same type of injury. But Coffee Co played a great game.

Oakland was missing two key guys on the O line & D line that got so much push against Riverdale Derek Barrett (DNP lower body injury) and Anthony Amey left in the first qtr with the same type of injury. But Coffee Co played a great game.

Yes, you have to give credit to CC. They showed a lot of promise and fire. I would really like to see them play Cookeville next week. Bet that game will be a VERY physical one.

Heard Lebanon lost a heartbreaker tonight to Gtown. I meant to change my pick b/f I left for Manchester after I heard about the LHS injuries on the their line. Dang it.....I had a sr moment and forgot.