Oakland 9 Coffee County 7

SCtribe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I thought we had Oakland tonight. You can not score 7 points against a Murfreesboro team and expect to win, but you can keep a Murfreesboro team to 9 points and expect to win. To be honest I did not think we had a chance tonight. I just went to support these guys. I thought we pulled out something special, but what can you do. Oakland played okay. Not the team the TV and radio analysts were saying they are. Coffee County had a team filled with sophomores and Juniors and almost beat Oakland!!! that was one of the best games Ive seen Coffee County play defensively. Actually it is THE best defensive game Ive seen. Shows what happens when Nunley, Sisk, Skipper, and Clark prepare at their best. I just want to add how astounding the improvement Coffee County has made since the Spring time when Siegal killed us that scrimmage. There are some truly great future head coaches at Coffee County I believe. Congrats CC and beat Cookeville next week!!!!.

Dang, I thought we had Oakland tonight. You can not score 7 points against a Murfreesboro team and expect to win, but you can keep a Murfreesboro team to 9 points and expect to win. To be honest I did not think we had a chance tonight. I just went to support these guys. I thought we pulled out something special, but what can you do. Oakland played okay. Not the team the TV and radio analysts were saying they are. Coffee County had a team filled with sophomores and Juniors and almost beat Oakland!!! that was one of the best games Ive seen Coffee County play defensively. Actually it is THE best defensive game Ive seen. Shows what happens when Nunley, Sisk, Skipper, and Clark prepare at their best. I just want to add how astounding the improvement Coffee County has made since the Spring time when Siegal killed us that scrimmage. There are some truly great future head coaches at Coffee County I believe. Congrats CC and beat Cookeville next week!!!!.

I agree with most of you post but, siegel did not kill us in the spring, starters versus starters they had one more touchdown than us, if Oakland plays to it's potential they will win the region but they will have to play to their ability... they did not do that tonight.

Hornsby is a GREAT weapon to have in your arsenal any time. Young man is probably the best kicker in the Region right now.

Congratulations to BOTH teams for a hard played game right to the end.

Don't get to carried away he did miss an extra point.

By the way the ref's missed a bad clip on Oakland on the run by the QB that set up the winning FG. (Watch the film)

Don't get to carried away he did miss an extra point.

By the way the ref's missed a bad clip on Oakland on the run by the QB that set up the winning FG. (Watch the film)

And on that same play the line judge was saying wind the clock cause he was tackled in bounds but the clock was stopped. If that had not happened Oakland never would have gotten out there in time to attempt that field goal. But what is in the past is in the past nothing can be done about it now. Coffee County played a great game and in my mind won for four quarters. I think little old coffee county gave Oakland all thye wanted.

And on that same play the line judge was saying wind the clock cause he was tackled in bounds but the clock was stopped. If that had not happened Oakland never would have gotten out there in time to attempt that field goal. But what is in the past is in the past nothing can be done about it now. Coffee County played a great game and in my mind won for four quarters. I think little old coffee county gave Oakland all thye wanted.

Please stop!

Yall played hard but still lost.

We need no excuses.

Good teams always find a way to win.

Oakland had plenty of players hurt if u want to start thrwin up excuses.

I had to make a MTCS game or I would have been there last night. From reading this thread and talking to a couple players, Oakland did not play to potential and CC stepped up. Another player you guys haven't talked about was Christian Adams and Schaller. I heard Schaller didn't play because of his sprain last week until Adams went down late in the fourth. Good to see a young guy really stepping up showing ownership. Like I said, I wasn't there, but that would be another reason Oakland didn't air it out as much. Adams has touch, but no strength. Somebody enlighten me to how they both played.

I had to make a MTCS game or I would have been there last night. From reading this thread and talking to a couple players, Oakland did not play to potential and CC stepped up. Another player you guys haven't talked about was Christian Adams and Schaller. I heard Schaller didn't play because of his sprain last week until Adams went down late in the fourth. Good to see a young guy really stepping up showing ownership. Like I said, I wasn't there, but that would be another reason Oakland didn't air it out as much. Adams has touch, but no strength. Somebody enlighten me to how they both played.

Adams went out in the first half. I heard he had a broken wrist? ... Shaller ended up having to play pretty much the entire second half.

Ifs and Butts, Candy and Nuts. Coffee may have won in your mind, but the scorebook says different