Alcoa at White House

timbdp

Hope thats not a jab on coach rankin..........if it is were gonna have some problems /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Man, comprehension is an issue on these threads.... Coach Rankin is an excellent coach....

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what rigger, if you can put together a 3rd string Blount county team (don't know how "all star" fits with 3rd string) I'll match any bet you can put on the table playing any team in Sumner county.... That was a ridiculous statement. I question whether you played football making outlandish comments such as you made. A knowledgeable player would know better.

Kinda ironic, though, that Alcoa felt the need to come to pitiful Middle Tennessee to get a coach.

Actually Rankin came to Alcoa. We did not come to him. He wanted his kids to go to a smaller school than Riverdale. Alcoa fit the bill. With 425 students and a great football tradition it seems like a great match. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

whsports-I worked the Alcoa/Maryville/Blount Co area for 8 years. Alcoa has open zone but so does Maryville, Dobyns Bennett, Oak Ridge and others.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" IMHO-if you got bucks you go to Maryville if not and you live in the blue collar area of town (Alcoa) you go to the little cousin of Blount Co.

Last year the 5A program in William Blount (9-3) was making some noise so there are plenty of county kids going to the 5A program? That program lost to Maryville by 1 and Farragut by 1.

How can you say they get the cream of the crop.... You have heard of MARYVILLE. That??™s the cream! Alcoa is just Whole Milk!

I played my HS ball in Middle TN. I have lived in east TN since getting out of the service. Since I have moved back Middle TN the football talent and coaching in Sumner is way down.

An all star 3rd string Blount co team could beat anything that Sumner Co threw at them. Who would you have coach against the Maryville or Alcoa coach? YOU NEED TO GO AN WATCH AN Alcoa/Maryville game or a DB/Oakridge game and see what Friday Night lights is like in East TN.

I will be there Friday night and hope to see the atmosphere I saw at some of the great fields in East TN, So far in the last 2 years since moving back I have not seen it.

Rigger I played at Alcoa in the early 80's and lived and worked in the Boro from 88 to 95 so I got to see Gary and others build the Warrior Program. Heck Coach Crawford, Brentwood's Coach, was my neighbor. I have tremendous respect for Middle Tenn Football. I love High School Football. I have been to games at Lincoln County, Lebanon, Brentwood Academy, Tullahoma, Manchester, Marion County and I have been to more than a few Riverdale/Oakland games when it was played at MTSU. My experience also involves DB games as I have lived in Johnson City since 95. In framing this argument, NOTHING compares to Blount County Football. The shear excitement and preparation by the coaches and players is something else. As far as atmosphere (gulp I can't believe I'm going to say this) the atmosphere at DB games which includes their band is the best. I don't think anyone in Middle Tenn has an idea what it's like. Great Post and I couldn't agree more. A 2nd Team of Blount County Football Players would win the toughest 5a Region in the Nashville area.

Rigger I played at Alcoa in the early 80's and lived and worked in the Boro from 88 to 95 so I got to see Gary and others build the Warrior Program. Heck Coach Crawford, Brentwood's Coach, was my neighbor. I have tremendous respect for Middle Tenn Football. I love High School Football. I have been to games at Lincoln County, Lebanon, Brentwood Academy, Tullahoma, Manchester, Marion County and I have been to more than a few Riverdale/Oakland games when it was played at MTSU. My experience also involves DB games as I have lived in Johnson City since 95. In framing this argument, NOTHING compares to Blount County Football. The shear excitement and preparation by the coaches and players is something else. As far as atmosphere (gulp I can't believe I'm going to say this) the atmosphere at DB games which includes their band is the best. I don't think anyone in Middle Tenn has an idea what it's like. Great Post and I couldn't agree more. A 2nd Team of Blount County Football Players would win the toughest 5a Region in the Nashville area.

Sorry, but for sheer entertainment value our games with Melrose High school would be hard to beat....If Melrose had the coaching they could not be defeated and with that band they are an entertainment value....

catfish your pathetic. Your life revolves around posting on CoachT and talkin crap about WH and its fans. Get a life and quit braggin about Cheatham makin the playoffs every now and then!

We'll see who's team is pathetic tomorrow night /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

ROLL TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but for sheer entertainment value our games with Melrose High school would be hard to beat....If Melrose had the coaching they could not be defeated and with that band they are an entertainment value....

Dandy have you ever been to any of the games T89 or myself was talking about? We are not talking state playoff games just week to week. T89 I agree the best Football atmosphere I saw was also DB. Man you have to buy season tickets just to get a seat. If I remeber correctly they had 3 cheerleader squads and 2 dance teams and that great band and some pretty good football going on. I followed them to the State Semi final thet year they lost to Red Bank. The Tribe is a great program.

Kinda ironic, though, that Alcoa felt the need to come to pitiful Middle Tennessee to get a coach.

Again you knowledge of the Alcoa program is weak.

They had a top program prior to Rankin coming. He just gave it a bigger fear factor. From last years score looks like the Devels faced Alcoa's 2nd and 3rd string anyway /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

just joking I don't think their team is large enough to have a 3rd string.

I'm sure the Devels will get some home cooking tomorrow to help keep the score down.

I know when I played on the Devil field we had 3 TDs called back from made up calls, but we still won.

(28-0)/wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> We had our 2nd and 3rd stringers in by the 3rd qtr. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Our coach never let us run up the score!

BTW-Dandy82- Do you have a young man on the team or just following the team?

Dandy have you ever been to any of the games T89 or myself was talking about? We are not talking state playoff games just week to week. T89 I agree the best Football atmosphere I saw was also DB. Man you have to buy season tickets just to get a seat. If I remeber correctly they had 3 cheerleader squads and 2 dance teams and that great band and some pretty good football going on. I followed them to the State Semi final thet year they lost to Red Bank. The Tribe is a great program.

Yes I know......their band must have over 250 members, NO Joke! They play non-stop, the entire game from their end zone seats. Also, there is tailgating in the surrounding parking lots before the games. Unbelievable really. Ask WacoJacko how great he thinks they are /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually Rankin came to Alcoa. We did not come to him. He wanted his kids to go to a smaller school than Riverdale. Alcoa fit the bill. With 425 students and a great football tradition it seems like a great match. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yea, Coach Rankins got the keys to a championship team...........already built and ready for many trips to Murfreesboro. He as done a great job at maintaining and making some nice improvements.