Franklin at Ravenwood

dwg03

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if this is Centennials year, they will have to atleast have a victory befre they play franklin, cuz if i rmember correctly, they havent even won a game yet, Even though they played page, a school i division below them. And Im sorry, I know you would love to see Franklin Get beat, But it wont happen this week, And definitly wont happen when we play centennial, you would have a better chance of beating the tennessee school of the blind.

Well if this is Centennials year, they will have to atleast have a victory befre they play franklin, cuz if i rmember correctly, they havent even won a game yet, Even though they played page, a school i division below them. And Im sorry, I know you would love to see Franklin Get beat, But it wont happen this week, And definitly wont happen when we play centennial, you would have a better chance of beating the tennessee school of the blind.

actually, Page is 2 classifications below Centennial - Page is 3A and CHS is 5A - and a lot can happen between now and Halloween!

I personally have to give this game to RAVENWOOD, and please allow me to support my decision/ argument. The Franklin High Rebels' years as a consistant force are coming to an end...quickly, now this may come to many of you as a "suprise" because Franklin has been a constant contender for the region title, and this year had been labled by many a "powerhouse" (by the casual viewer and by self-proclaimed "experts" (i.e. Murphy Fair...who ranked Franklin 3rd in the state!)). While all this rampant praising of Franklin has been going on many people have forgotten what the conerstone of Franklin's success has been, FHS has always been built around 2 supporting pillars (1) Talent/ Speed & (2) Defense...both of which seem to missing and unaccounted for this year (so far). The Years of Franklin possessing unrivaled speed at countless positions has come to a devastating standstill (the Damian Watters, Benny Andersons/ Todd Campells are not around anymore), the tough hard-hitting players that Franklin always seemed to have on both sides of the ball are gone as well (Josh Frohok/ Casey Dikes/ Justin Hampton) The present Franklin High School Rebels are just a hollow shadow of their former selves (personel-wise & mentality) Why did I use the term "mentality?"...because Franklin used to be the team that forced low scoring games/ hard-nosed football, but now they have resorted to simply "out-scoring" opponents as opposed to lining-up and playing "Franklin "Power F' Football". If you dont agree, then supply me with the lat time Franklin allowed 28 points in Back-to-Back games???

The Legendary/ Potent/ Lockdown "Coach Donnie Webb" defense (as it is so commonly praised) is no longer an issue, and maybe that is simply the result of the fact that he is no longer working with the caliber of player as he has had the opprotunity to "mold/ take credit for" in past years. The FHS line is a small/ soft excuse of a defensive line (and that factor will be horribly exposed this upcoming week against a disiplined/ strong group of offensive lineman) The same defensive line that was unable to produce any type of pressure against Hillsboro, will predectably fall short of rushing Ravenwood's quaterback (Alex Willaims) through any of his reads, And It is terribly dissapointing to even look at Franklin's Secondary/ Linebacking core (a group that has been utterly dominant against the passing game in past years). Anyone who thinks Coach Rector wont be able to find a way to confuse those "hand-me-down" corners (#3/ #24/ #27) needs to have their brains examined. If Hillsboro would have decided to open up the arial assault a series earlier, the result would have been simple = Franklin looses Clinic Bowl. It doesnt matter how many ways you try to disect it, FRANKLIN DOES NOT..I WILL SAY IT AGAIN DOES NOT HAVE A DEFENSE AT ALL!!!

RAVENWOOD takes this game, and creates absolute mayhem across the field, meanwhile Franklin starts its slide down a slippery path (IHS and BHS)

I personally have to give this game to RAVENWOOD, and please allow me to support my decision/ argument. The Franklin High Rebels' years as a consistant force are coming to an end...quickly, now this may come to many of you as a "suprise" because Franklin has been a constant contender for the region title, and this year had been labled by many a "powerhouse" (by the casual viewer and by self-proclaimed "experts" (i.e. Murphy Fair...who ranked Franklin 3rd in the state!)). While all this rampant praising of Franklin has been going on many people have forgotten what the conerstone of Franklin's success has been, FHS has always been built around 2 supporting pillars (1) Talent/ Speed & (2) Defense...both of which seem to missing and unaccounted for this year (so far). The Years of Franklin possessing unrivaled speed at countless positions has come to a devastating standstill (the Damian Watters, Benny Andersons/ Todd Campells are not around anymore), the tough hard-hitting players that Franklin always seemed to have on both sides of the ball are gone as well (Josh Frohok/ Casey Dikes/ Justin Hampton) The present Franklin High School Rebels are just a hollow shadow of their former selves (personel-wise & mentality) Why did I use the term "mentality?"...because Franklin used to be the team that forced low scoring games/ hard-nosed football, but now they have resorted to simply "out-scoring" opponents as opposed to lining-up and playing "Franklin "Power F' Football". If you dont agree, then supply me with the lat time Franklin allowed 28 points in Back-to-Back games???

The Legendary/ Potent/ Lockdown "Coach Donnie Webb" defense (as it is so commonly praised) is no longer an issue, and maybe that is simply the result of the fact that he is no longer working with the caliber of player as he has had the opprotunity to "mold/ take credit for" in past years. The FHS line is a small/ soft excuse of a defensive line (and that factor will be horribly exposed this upcoming week against a disiplined/ strong group of offensive lineman) The same defensive line that was unable to produce any type of pressure against Hillsboro, will predectably fall short of rushing Ravenwood's quaterback (Alex Willaims) through any of his reads, And It is terribly dissapointing to even look at Franklin's Secondary/ Linebacking core (a group that has been utterly dominant against the passing game in past years). Anyone who thinks Coach Rector wont be able to find a way to confuse those "hand-me-down" corners (#3/ #24/ #27) needs to have their brains examined. If Hillsboro would have decided to open up the arial assault a series earlier, the result would have been simple = Franklin looses Clinic Bowl. It doesnt matter how many ways you try to disect it, FRANKLIN DOES NOT..I WILL SAY IT AGAIN DOES NOT HAVE A DEFENSE AT ALL!!!

RAVENWOOD takes this game, and creates absolute mayhem across the field, meanwhile Franklin starts its slide down a slippery path (IHS and BHS)

well put.

and that is why this year is the year.

oh and btw CHS2007 your not even a true fan, your a disgrace to the cougars

While it seems you have no life other than getting on Coach T and Writing Novels, Lets Disect What you just said.

1. You State that One of the things Franklin is lacking in Talent/ Speed. Well I do not understand that when you have both running backs Running a 4.4 and Getting many looks by colleges. And a Quarterback who in the Game against Hillsboro threw for 200 yards and 2 Touchdowns. Oh and If i remember correctly Alex Ford, and his so called "lack of talent and speed" put up 170 yards and 2 td's against an equally quick hillsboro defense.

2. FRANKLIN BEAT A PRIVATE SCHOOL THAT RECRUITS- enough said.

3. Have you seen Ravenwoods Line? if u call franklins line small, then IDK how u would describe ravenwoods, other than maybe, Tiny, or Miniscule

4. Never Doubt Coach Webb. No matter How Much you try to Put down his defense, they win games, and He is a Genious. U may be the only person in the state who thinks his reign is over

In defense of my "disertation/ novel" as some "coacht junkie" so elequently put it. I did not take one jab at Franklin's Offense, in fact I almost said the exact opposite statement in alluding to the fact that "Franklin is having to massively outscore opponents to even hope of winning...any offense who has to put up 30+ points per game to win is getting the job done....hands done/ end of disscussion"

But last time I checked Alex Ford (#4) is not playing defense, Kilo Lee (#5) is not playing a single down on defense (and yes they both may run 4.4's (depending on whos stop watch your reading...those of you with bad eyes/ ceberal palsy) but that so-called blazing speed is not playing or helping out on the deensive side of the ball. But with all respect intended they are going to desperately need to continue plutting up excessive numbers/ stats if Franklin has any hope of surviving their region this year.

Tiny Line...come on? #57 and #58 are both 5'10 (or shorter...depending on whosever depth chart your refferring to), and besides being a group of pygmies, #57 looks like nothing but a "round-mound-of-rebound" running around on the field, If Franklin Intends of putting any type of pressure on Willaims, than I hope for their sake they do not plan on doing it with #57 & #80, because those clowns have not/ will not get the job accomplished

Honor Coach Webb?...Trust Coach Webb? stop drinking the FHS Kool-aid, and get out from under your rock. 28 points & 35 points that should really be enough said about that topic. Franklin, the iron curtain has fallen.

And if your were not aware already we beat BA...p.s. (they recruit as well....)

Speaking of Franklin's running backs, whoever the RB coach is definitely has to get alot of credit for Franklin's success over the years. It seems like every year they come out with a different backfield combo, but still go out and look so polished, despite alot of times having limited experience.

David Williams is the running back coach.. A great coach and person... I just dont think Ravenwoods defense will be able to stop the Play Action passing of Franklin.. You have to respect the run with both of the running backs.. And once you bring a safety up to help.. There goes the deep ball.. After giving up a couple sacks last week I think franklins o line will dominate ravenwoods defense.. they are some big boys.. averaging over 250 pounds and 6 feet tall.. it should be a good game.. FHS 41 RHS- 27