Franklin at Ravenwood

dwg03

This thread was the "hottest" board on Coacht, What happened. All of a sudden I leave and there is nothing to argue about, no postings to lash-out against. Without me you all are no fun (face it) I left for a day or so, and come back to see everyone being sentimental/ sappy. sorry to break up the Huskergymnast33 & combos lovefest. but lets get back to the topic at hand (because you all need me...like the air you breathe)

Before I dive into any position-by-position-anylisis (I'll take care of you "Daddy"...but I'll be sure to avoid Todd Campbell's name because obviously that hits a nerve (it looks like someone lost alot of playing-time to Mr. Campell)) But first I need to "tackle" a few previous statements...

Franklin VS Ravenwood is not a real rivalry??? What rock have you been living under for the past few years? A few years ago Ravenwood ended what could have been Franklin's best chot at a state championship, and did it with flair (burning the "rebel" flag...if I re-call correctly) Which for some odd reason really ticked-off all the wanna-be rednecks at FHS (we all live in Williamson County...get real) But for Franklin...BHS, RHS, and IHS have all developed a habit of raining on the rebel's parade. Franklin lost to both BHS and RHS last year (and in gut-wrenching-last-minute games I might add), and then IHS added the icing to the cake and finished Ole' FHS off in the playoffs (but we will come back to those games later). In all reality the only "cross-town" game that has never become a rivalry has been Centennial. Now Listen here CHSalumni (or whoever else who actually wears that school proudly) Check the scoreboard, CHS has never beaten ANY "cross-town" team yet, and yes you may have the best talent level of any school, and you may be a "real scary" team (on paper). but until you knock-off a decent opponent you dont have any room to speak. CHS is already 0-2, and I will bet after to more losses the entire team will be ready to "pack-up" and head home (and then you will have plenty of time to talk about other teams' game [that actaully matter]) What CHS needs to understand is that Centennial has a nasty habit of "pulling-a-centennial" CHS can find a way to lose any game no matter what the circumstances. So go ahead enjoy beating Clarksville NE, Columbia (and teams of that caliber) and let the rest of us focus on what this region really boils down to...BHS/FHS/RHS/IHS

Now on to "bigger fish" (as I belive someone typed earlier) I have already said everything about the "Webb Defense" as you Webb-ists love to call it, but I think a better name would be the "phantom-defense" (because they cant stop anything that is moving)

There has been alot of Talk about Franklin's "stellar" offensive arsenal. So lets Review...

(1) O-line- I believe this line hasnt gotten enough credit, but at the same time has gone un-criticized. I think someone earlier called this line "huge & mobile". well maybe Im reading the wrong scouting reports or watching the wrong film, or maybe I have recieved false information. But the line is anything but massive, and if you pay attention to the O-tackles thay are not the exact embodiment of mobile/ quick. The concept that everyone has failed to remember is the aspect that Coach Rector's Raptors always bring something new to the table. Something that Franklin hasnt dealt with before, which in turn results in a collapse of Franklin's blocking system. that collapse is simply the first domino (but we delve deeper into that later)

(2) QB- Nichols has looked impressive as of late, but he has all day to throw (a factor which will be seriously tested come Friday night) Once again all you self-proclaimed anylists do not see the "big-picture". Big-Daddy almost hit-the-nail-on-the-head, Nichols doesnt spread the ball around. But now "Big-Daddy" (all-seeing-eye-of-Franklin-High-School-Football) tell me why he does not "share-the-wealth"...Because there is no one else, #9 is a magician with two tricks (1) deep balls to Jarrel Eaton (2) Passes in the flat to Keylo & Ford. Those are the only weapons he has. Grahm may be a "gun-slinger" but he only has 3 bullets in his 6-shooter.

(3) Recieving core- Uhmm there is only one member of this "core" , and that is Jarrel Eaton. Jarrel is a reciever with no (Ill say it again) absolutly no break-away speed. #1 only looks like superman when he is running a route through broken coverage (or a poorly disiplined secondary), Face it Franklin Eaton was a non-issue against McCallie. are you really thinking that Franklin will be able to throw the ball around (like an ariel display) when RHS's Linebackers & secondary only have to worry about one reciever (because he is the only one Nichols will throw to) On top of all this, Jarrel is not a tough possesion reciever, who will run that risky crossing pattern. He is only a slow deep threat...but can you really be considered a deep threat if you cant outrun anybody.

(4) Running Backs- Franklin brings a well-balanced pair of RB's to the table (again!) That enough said

(5) Intangibles-

Ok, here we go FHS supporters....The pressure is on, the region guantlet is firing up, and the spot-light is on you. Franklin is a consistantly solid team, but the Rebels will always find a way to give a game (usually two) away to a tough/ top region opponent during the season. The only question is "will one of those "free-give-aways" happen this weekend"

it all comes down to this "History Repeats Itself", especially if you never learn from your mistakes. Franklin has been nothing less than perfect over the past two games (and barely won..."squeaked by McCallie" in the words of combos). Franklin is known for stupid mistakes when it really matters (coaches and Players alike). This game will be lost on the fact that Franklin is Un-disiplined and will begin to "@@@@-up" penalties, and that will be the beginning of the end. and if Franklin doesnt "shoot-themselves-in-the-foot" or "pull-a-centennial" the coaches will do it for them. [example] who throws a slant-pattern inside your own 10 (with under 2 minutes left in the game) against your reagion rival when you have your foot on their throats, and if a coach doesnt lose the game for the poor kids. than some young-high-schooler will start beleiveing his own hype, and blow one game in overtime (due to a missed assignment) or drop a critical interception to "shut-the-door" in the play-offs. Franklin will beat themselves, and when the going gets rough Franklin will put the ball in the air and the dropped balls will begin (like its the plague) Nichols (#9) will commit his first interceptions this game. Im telling you right now, Franklin High School will take care of themselves, and if they dont this week (they will in the upcoming games against IHS & BHS)

LET THE MISTAKES BEGIN (COACHES & PLAYERS)

ok eaton is not all the rebels have please dont forget about the towering jamal starns who not only has the speed of a D1 player but makes up a big part of the so called hand me down secondary that some say they have

im going to enjoy seeing this rhs linebacker group try and stop the power of Ford and the speed of Lee because it wont happen

and as for your secondary there gonna need a prayer to be able to even keep up with starns and eaton

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me ask all of you fans in the region a few questions here -

i am a INDY fan and knowing four teams in the region will make the playoffs this year - what team should i hope for to win tonite, to better my chances of reaching the postseason ?

so with that would like to hear your take on it....

1. im a _____________ supporter and I hope Franklin or Ravenwood wins tonite becasue i think it will help better my teams chances of making the postseason?

2. IN the playoffs do you always cheer for our region team to win ?

my answers are - im indy fan and would like Franklin to win, becasue i think that indy stands a much better chance against Ravenwood

and yes when a brentwood, franklin etc plays a gallatin, hendersonville etc i am always cheering for the region team

Ok...I am a Brentwood Fan/supporter I hope that Franklin wins because,.........

The rebels is going to slaughter that other brentwood team AND then go looking for kingz615 fool..how is he going to go on this board and cut down some of the best athletes in Williamson County..( I think he is just fueling the fire for Franklin to go Crazy on his sub-par team)

I watched on wcs channel 3 the BA/Ravenwood game and then right after, the Franklin McCallie game. Night and Day difference...If THAT Franklin team shows up tomorrow night,the Bone and Joint clinic better stay open late.

Franklins QB totally is better than Ravenwoods, No Disrespect to the Ravenwood QB.....(Nickles just controls the pace of the game)

RB's- No question goes to the Franklin side of the ball...one of the best "Thunder and Lightning" one two punch around. They both look very very good.

I may agree that Ravenwoods defensive line looks a little bigger and stronger than franklins d-line.

O-line Definately goes to franklin...I hate to disagree they look mobile and they look big, Not huge..but avg over 250 lbs and 35 points each game...they are doing something right.

Secondary? I say it is a tie....I think both teams could come up with Big plays.

Linebackers......"buzzer please".....Franklin !! #48 puts some vicious hits last week...and 40 is everywhere on the field.

I hope they cool down before our boys in the better half of Brentwood, play em cuz if they dont...it will be a great matchup....Hate to say it, swallow my pride..but Franklin is the "Real Deal" and I would love nothing more for them to be undefeated coming to Our House...

Good Luck to Both teams and Good luck to Kingz615....Id hide some more if I were you...dont let me see you on our boards.../wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

This thread was the "hottest" board on Coacht, What happened. All of a sudden I leave and there is nothing to argue about, no postings to lash-out against. Without me you all are no fun (face it) I left for a day or so, and come back to see everyone being sentimental/ sappy. sorry to break up the Huskergymnast33 & combos lovefest. but lets get back to the topic at hand (because you all need me...like the air you breathe)

Before I dive into any position-by-position-anylisis (I'll take care of you "Daddy"...but I'll be sure to avoid Todd Campbell's name because obviously that hits a nerve (it looks like someone lost alot of playing-time to Mr. Campell)) But first I need to "tackle" a few previous statements...

Franklin VS Ravenwood is not a real rivalry??? What rock have you been living under for the past few years? A few years ago Ravenwood ended what could have been Franklin's best chot at a state championship, and did it with flair (burning the "rebel" flag...if I re-call correctly) Which for some odd reason really ticked-off all the wanna-be rednecks at FHS (we all live in Williamson County...get real) But for Franklin...BHS, RHS, and IHS have all developed a habit of raining on the rebel's parade. Franklin lost to both BHS and RHS last year (and in gut-wrenching-last-minute games I might add), and then IHS added the icing to the cake and finished Ole' FHS off in the playoffs (but we will come back to those games later). In all reality the only "cross-town" game that has never become a rivalry has been Centennial. Now Listen here CHSalumni (or whoever else who actually wears that school proudly) Check the scoreboard, CHS has never beaten ANY "cross-town" team yet, and yes you may have the best talent level of any school, and you may be a "real scary" team (on paper). but until you knock-off a decent opponent you dont have any room to speak. CHS is already 0-2, and I will bet after to more losses the entire team will be ready to "pack-up" and head home (and then you will have plenty of time to talk about other teams' game [that actaully matter]) What CHS needs to understand is that Centennial has a nasty habit of "pulling-a-centennial" CHS can find a way to lose any game no matter what the circumstances. So go ahead enjoy beating Clarksville NE, Columbia (and teams of that caliber) and let the rest of us focus on what this region really boils down to...BHS/FHS/RHS/IHS

Now on to "bigger fish" (I'm an idiot) (as I belive someone typed earlier) I have already said everything about the "Webb Defense" as you Webb-ists love to call it, but I think a better name would be the "phantom-defense" (because they cant stop anything that is moving)

There has been alot of Talk about Franklin's "stellar" offensive arsenal. So lets Review...

(1) O-line- I believe this line hasnt gotten enough credit, but at the same time has gone un-criticized. I think someone earlier called this line "huge & mobile". well maybe Im reading the wrong scouting reports or watching the wrong film, or maybe I have recieved false information. But the line is anything but massive, and if you pay attention to the O-tackles thay are not the exact embodiment of mobile/ quick. The concept that everyone has failed to remember is the aspect that Coach Rector's Raptors always bring something new to the table. Something that Franklin hasnt dealt with before, which in turn results in a collapse of Franklin's blocking system. that collapse is simply the first domino (but we delve deeper into that later)

(2) QB- Nichols has looked impressive as of late, but he has all day to throw (a factor which will be seriously tested come Friday night) Once again all you self-proclaimed anylists do not see the "big-picture". Big-Daddy almost hit-the-nail-on-the-head, Nichols doesnt spread the ball around. But now "Big-Daddy" (all-seeing-eye-of-Franklin-High-School-Football) tell me why he does not "share-the-wealth"...Because there is no one else, #9 is a magician with two tricks (1) deep balls to Jarrel Eaton (2) Passes in the flat to Keylo & Ford. Those are the only weapons he has. Grahm may be a "gun-slinger" but he only has 3 bullets in his 6-shooter.

(3) Recieving core- Uhmm there is only one member of this "core" , and that is Jarrel Eaton. Jarrel is a reciever with no (Ill say it again) absolutly no break-away speed. #1 only looks like superman when he is running a route through broken coverage (or a poorly disiplined secondary), Face it Franklin Eaton was a non-issue against McCallie. are you really thinking that Franklin will be able to throw the ball around (like an ariel display) when RHS's Linebackers & secondary only have to worry about one reciever (because he is the only one Nichols will throw to) On top of all this, Jarrel is not a tough possesion reciever, who will run that risky crossing pattern. He is only a slow deep threat...but can you really be considered a deep threat if you cant outrun anybody.

(4) Running Backs- Franklin brings a well-balanced pair of RB's to the table (again!) That enough said

(5) Intangibles-

Ok, here we go FHS supporters....The pressure is on, the region guantlet is firing up, and the spot-light is on you. Franklin is a consistantly solid team, but the Rebels will always find a way to give a game (usually two) away to a tough/ top region opponent during the season. The only question is "will one of those "free-give-aways" happen this weekend"

it all comes down to this "History Repeats Itself", especially if you never learn from your mistakes. Franklin has been nothing less than perfect over the past two games (and barely won..."squeaked by McCallie" in the words of combos). Franklin is known for stupid mistakes when it really matters (coaches and Players alike). This game will be lost on the fact that Franklin is Un-disiplined and will begin to "@@@@-up" penalties, and that will be the beginning of the end. and if Franklin doesnt "shoot-themselves-in-the-foot" or "pull-a-centennial" the coaches will do it for them. [example] who throws a slant-pattern inside your own 10 (with under 2 minutes left in the game) against your reagion rival when you have your foot on their throats, and if a coach doesnt lose the game for the poor kids. than some young-high-schooler will start beleiveing his own hype, and blow one game in overtime (due to a missed assignment) or drop a critical interception to "shut-the-door" in the play-offs. Franklin will beat themselves, and when the going gets rough Franklin will put the ball in the air and the dropped balls will begin (like its the plague) Nichols (#9) will commit his first interceptions this game. Im telling you right now, Franklin High School will take care of themselves, and if they dont this week (they will in the upcoming games against IHS & BHS)

LET THE MISTAKES BEGIN (COACHES & PLAYERS)

Look pal, if you want to puiblish books, the coacht is certainly not the best place to do it. And you need to shore up on your grammar. The "receiving core?" Try corps. As for your opinion on Jarriel Eaton, some things simply don't make sense. His two touchdowns against Hillsboro both came on long pass plays against what is probably one of the fastest teams in the state, and yet you don't consider him a deep ball threat. I can guarantee you Hillsboro's defensive backs are better than what Ravenwood can put on the field.

Why don't we talk about Ravenwood for a second here? In week 0, the Raptors put on a great showing by losing to Class AA Goodpasture. Thanks for representing Region 6 well. I'm afraid I have to warn you, Franklin will have more talent and speed than Goodpasture. And if you want to be one of the teams the region "boils down to," try making the playoffs every year.

1stand10??? A Brentwood Bruin??? WOW! we have the undivided attention of Cenntennial, Independance, and now Brentwood. Let me first ask "1stand10" what do they feel about CHS's un-warranted "trash-talk"???

Some of you really need a new eye-glasses perscription or maybe its cataracts, Because FHS is buying into their own hype (once again). Jarrel Eaton? Jamal Starnes? are those valid arguments for "game-changing recievers"???

Jamal and Jarrel (tweedle-dee & tweedle-dum) will never step up in the big game, niether will run the rough crossing pattern into a strong safety (of any decent caliber). neither will risk getting their pants dirty on the crucial curl pattern late in the game. neither will run their routes at full-speed everydown, neither will throw a solid block for their back-field. Due to these "short-comings" neither are "game-changing" recievers.

But...both recievers are worth a few things each game. they are worth a few false start penelties, they are worth a couple of missed blocks, they will grow a pair of "alligator-arms" on that tricky post route.

Franklin will waste down-after-down series-after-series on these "players?" because for some odd reason FHS's coaches and co-ordinators (just like their dilusional fans) are convinced these guys are the "real-deal". Which is why History will repeat itself (im not playing around Franklin) This interestingly enough brings me back to my first post...I would really like someone from Franklin to answer the following question? "after this senior class graduates....who takes their spots next year???" (that is why this is the begining of the end for Franklin High School Football

1stand10??? A Brentwood Bruin??? WOW! we have the undivided attention of Cenntennial, Independance, and now Brentwood. Let me first ask "1stand10" what do they feel about CHS's un-warranted "trash-talk"???

Some of you really need a new eye-glasses perscription or maybe its cataracts, Because FHS is buying into their own hype (once again). Jarrel Eaton? Jamal Starnes? are those valid arguments for "game-changing recievers"???

Jamal and Jarrel (tweedle-dee & tweedle-dum) will never step up in the big game, niether will run the rough crossing pattern into a strong safety (of any decent caliber). neither will risk getting their pants dirty on the crucial curl pattern late in the game. neither will run their routes at full-speed everydown, neither will throw a solid block for their back-field. Due to these "short-comings" neither are "game-changing" recievers.

But...both recievers are worth a few things each game. they are worth a few false start penelties, they are worth a couple of missed blocks, they will grow a pair of "alligator-arms" on that tricky post route.

Franklin will waste down-after-down series-after-series on these "players?" because for some odd reason FHS's coaches and co-ordinators (just like their dilusional fans) are convinced these guys are the "real-deal". Which is why History will repeat itself (im not playing around Franklin) This interestingly enough brings me back to my first post...I would really like someone from Franklin to answer the following question? "after this senior class graduates....who takes their spots next year???" (that is why this is the begining of the end for Franklin High School Football

No matter if it's football or basketball, FHS has found ways to "re-load" their talent pool in recent years, even when a strong batch of Seniors walked out the door. On the football side, seems like we always have some speedy receivers and some bone crushing running backs. Some years we have some big linemen and other years not so big. Of course, Quarterback is a big question mark for next year. But I understand that we have another "Mikrut" being groomed to step in @ QB. He's a sophmore now. There are probably other talents in the wings that we don't know about.

I think that another key factor is the "chemistry" that Coach Clayton has been able to build. He's still a pretty new coach @ FHS but the Football team chemistry seems to get better each year that Coach C is there. Ther's a lot to be said about what "heart" and "chemistry" will do for you when you get a few bad breaks or the game just isn't going your way. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But lets not waste much time guessing about next year. There's a BIG GAME to be played tomorrow!!

[/size]GO REBELS!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

KingZ- You really need to get some therapy for all your anger and negativity! I'll be happy to answer your question about "after the senior class graduates." Both the sophmore class and the freshman class at FHS which are primarily Grassland Middle graduates, both went undefeated in their eigth grade year at Grassland Middle School. So combined, prior to coming to FHS they went 15-0 against all the middle schools in the county.By the way their toughest competitor both years was Freedom Middle. They have had plenty of good coaching prior to coming to FHS and continue to receive it at FHS and that is why the program is excited for the future.

look here queenz- before people start answering your questions- why dont you answer mine: how did ravenwood do in the playoffs last year? could you answer me that?

oh and by the way i would love to see you cover "tweedle dee and tweedle dum". since you know them so well it sounds like you could easily shut them down.

and another by the way- spell check is a commonly used device by intelligent individuals or a good education allows you to spell words and names correctly. Jarriel and Jamaul (correctly spelled there) are more than just "short comings."

You apparently have short term memory. Starmes started at safety his sophomore and junior and was all-region. I don't know how you define tough, but if you don't think playing safety at a school that's consistently one of the best teams in the region fits that description, then I suggest you go back to grade school. You can also brush up on your grammar and spelling while your there. In the meantime, take a look at Ravenwood's receivers. Are any of them more of a "game-changer?" No.

look here queenz- before people start answering your questions- why dont you answer mine: how did ravenwood do in the playoffs last year? could you answer me that?

oh and by the way i would love to see you cover "tweedle dee and tweedle dum". since you know them so well it sounds like you could easily shut them down.

and another by the way- spell check is a commonly used device by intelligent individuals or a good education allows you to spell words and names correctly. Jarriel and Jamaul (correctly spelled there) are more than just "short comings."

hey no dog in the race here but this is a msg board and what is the big deal if some words are not spelled correctly , if it is close and gets the point across is it tomatoes or tomato WHO CARES, and when posters say you cant spell etc etc etc its like saying my dad is stronger than your dad========

i know how franklin did in the playoffs last year and when was last time franklin won state compared to ravenwood?

the 2007 records went out the door last year

hey no dog in the race here but this is a msg board and what is the big deal if some words are not spelled correctly , if it is close and gets the point across is it tomatoes or tomato WHO CARES, and when posters say you cant spell etc etc etc its like saying my dad is stronger than your dad========

i know how franklin did in the playoffs last year and when was last time franklin won state compared to ravenwood?

the 2007 records went out the door last year

i understand that spell check doesnt mean much. but this kingz guy just sounds so intelligent that i expected more from what is obviously the smartest man on the planet. my apologies for hoping that a genius would be able to spell correctly. and i also know that franklin hasn't won state and that the 2007 records went out the door last year, which means that the 2006 and 2005 records are also out the door. therefore kingz should stop living off past accomplishments as well.

i understand that spell check doesnt mean much. but this kingz guy just sounds so intelligent that i expected more from what is obviously the smartest man on the planet. my apologies for hoping that a genius would be able to spell correctly. and i also know that franklin hasn't won state and that the 2007 records went out the door last year, which means that the 2006 and 2005 records are also out the door. therefore kingz should stop living off past accomplishments as well.

good luck to both teams stay injury free and rebel sorry to tell you i have cheer for Ravenwood tonite ( and that is a compliment to FHS ) because i think you all will give Indy a toughter time then rwood will........