Oak Ridge @ Bradley Co

OakRidgeCat

Where are all the Wildcat Mommies and Daddies? They were all on here during the summer campaigning Stevens for President. Now, since we got thumped in all the preseason scrimmages and Saunders had to pull Stevens rear-end out of the ringer last week things have gotten quite. Wait til Stevens starts blaming your kids for the losses. That's coming because he is a Football God and 3-7 couldn't be a result of his lack of effort and preparation.

Ole Dad

I favor OR in this game, but this is a game we could easily lose if we don't get our act together on offense. It would be real nice if we could sustain some drives because we will need to do that next week against DB.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Bradley is not the top team in Region 2-5a but this will be a good measuring stick for the Cats. The Chattanooga style of football is very physical and very tough. I dont think that Fulton showed that too much to The Cats. From here on out everyteam will be looking to push OR around. How many different linebackers do they normally use and is Underwood used only in specific downs?

Where are all the Wildcat Mommies and Daddies? They were all on here during the summer campaigning Stevens for President. Now, since we got thumped in all the preseason scrimmages and Saunders had to pull Stevens rear-end out of the ringer last week things have gotten quite. Wait til Stevens starts blaming your kids for the losses. That's coming because he is a Football God and 3-7 couldn't be a result of his lack of effort and preparation.

Ole Dad

I still want a answer to my question.. And it seems like you and that Bldrunner are the only ones bashing Stevens on this thread..

I hope and pray Stevens wins it all this year so you all can start supporting him instead of trying to get the whole city of Oak Ridge to turn on him...

Good Luck Wildcats!

OR by 21

My biggest concern about this team (at the risk of sounding like a broken record) both last year and this year is the lack of a reliable passing game. 1 for 12 last week speaks volumes. This is the 3rd year the OR quarterbacks have been on the field, and there are several guys who can catch the ball and make yards after the catch. It is up to the coaches to put plays in the offense that give our QB's and receivers a chance to be successful.

OR will push Bradley around, as well as several other weaker / mid level teams on their schedule (no disrespect intended toward these teams) but they better be using it as an opportunity to develop a passing game. OR has the athletes that will be able to handle some of the teams that are "building" but this will not be the case against DB, Ooltewah, Farragut, etc. I'll say it again. Unless the OR staff can find some high percentage passing plays that our personnell can execute and make us 2 dimensional, the better teams in 5A will load up on the run and we will have no answer, again. We have the horses, it's time for the coaching staff to step up and give them the tools to be successful.

Go Wildcats!

I still want a answer to my question.. And it seems like you and that Bldrunner are the only ones bashing Stevens on this thread..

I hope and pray Stevens wins it all this year so you all can start supporting him instead of trying to get the whole city of Oak Ridge to turn on him...

Good Luck Wildcats!

OR by 21

Just because you don't see other bashing Stevens doesn't mean we are happy with his performance. Those of us who live in Oak Ridge, go to the games and understand WAY MORE about the program than a mudturtle are not pleased.

And making any kind of previous comparison to the highly classy Coach Prudden was TOTALLY IGNORANT.

I have to agree with OR Nole. Just because we don't all bash Stevens dosen't mean that we are not pleased. It appears that since Gulmire, Trent, Whaley, and Coffey led them to state the team has not had the killer instinct, that Oak Ridge is known for. This team has lots of talent. However I believe in my opinion that it is misused. Rodgers in not a every down running back, he would be a great speed back to a power back if there was one. However I believe that he will be missed at WR. The biggest improvement of the offseason was Irby moving to DE. He had a great game against Fulton, but now can he dominate like that every week. I hope so, because that will help the defense that much more. Good Luck Cats.

Since the OR/Fulton thread is locked - a quick comment here. Some of the new young guys really stepped up. #42 Soph. LB Zach Hughes played great (13 tackles). Juniors Guymon and Harder played very well on defense. And David Irby may have found his true calling at DE.

The defense has some potential. Flying to the ball, but still too much sloppy tackling.

Maybe someone with more football knowledge can explain this to me. Leading by 1 touchdown, midway thru the 4th qtr. Why would anyone let the clock run to almost zero and call a timeout just to punt from midfield? Take the 5 yard delay and punt anyway. That timeout would have been very valuable had OR needed to score late in the game.

The time out was because we had several kids on punt team that were out of action at that time due to cramping or other injuries. We had to get their replacements in the right position on punt team, go over the blocking scheme and make sure we didn't get the punt blocked. If you'll remember, they really came after that punt. A block would've been disastrous. I thought it was a good time out.