Oakland vs Lavergne

patsprez

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, what's the scoop on this game?

Has Lavergne rebounded from their opening week loss?

What are their strengths/weaknesses?

Has anyone heard how severe the injured the Oakland players are?

Who will be the first and second QB going into the game this

Friday?

The only answers that I have for you is that Lavergne has improved some and has gained confidence with the win over Hillwood. However, they are still VERY young and inexperienced and that is where Oakland can tip the scale in their favor. I do know their QB is athletic and is tall....plays basketball.

Because of new found respect for every team in the nation I'm gonna have to say this game will be close.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Actually no, I feel it could be a decent game because of the injurys Oakland has. The run game is gonna have to be strong, bottom line.

I don't believe the D should have a problem, but I do know that Lavergne has athletes. Oaklands D is good enough to hold them in check tho. Ima say 23-8 Oaklands way.

Id love to say LHS wins this game but lets face it thier Oline is terrible. Everyone is right they do have athletes but who cares if you cant block for them. I say Hester will be keeping a close eye on this group looking for some improvment. Hester is a real stickler when it comes to the Oline last years Oline coach is still looking for a job.

Id love to say LHS wins this game but lets face it thier Oline is terrible. Everyone is right they do have athletes but who cares if you cant block for them. I say Hester will be keeping a close eye on this group looking for some improvment. Hester is a real stickler when it comes to the Oline last years Oline coach is still looking for a job.

ENOUGH I will not allow people talking about LHS coaches they have worked extremely hard to improve our team in every area of the game sometimes it doesnt work that way we took the field Friday with two Freshman and several Sophmores playing a significant amount of time we are seriously a play away from being 2-0 and we still get no respect Friday night the Wolverines have something to prove. I must warn you the DEN will be rocking Friday night and it will be a night for all Wolverine fans to remember. " The Throw Down In L-Town "

ENOUGH I will not allow people talking about LHS coaches they have worked extremely hard to improve our team in every area of the game sometimes it doesnt work that way we took the field Friday with two Freshman and several Sophmores playing a significant amount of time we are seriously a play away from being 2-0 and we still get no respect Friday night the Wolverines have something to prove. I must warn you the DEN will be rocking Friday night and it will be a night for all Wolverine fans to remember. " The Throw Down In L-Town "

You can put in as much time as you want, and sometimes it is just not going to be there. LaVergne is very talented, but they are also very young. Hester is a very good coach, but when having that much youth on the team, a early deficit can be all she wrote. Frankly, LaVergne worries me very much, but I know 1 thing: The Oakland Patriots will come to the DEN expecting to win /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just want to know if all the holes in the field have ever been filled? There were some that could swallow a Volkswagon!

Rutherford County should be ashamed the way they have NOT funded LaVergne the way they have other schools.

Is the visitor seating still little more than for the visiting band?

While LaVergne is rebuilding this year, I 'think' it may be the year they FINALLY take Smyrna! Yes I know they are playing Oakland this week and it will probably be a good game. 'If' Precious played like he did against R'dale he could have a LARGE night. Precious concentrate of hitting the line strong and let that be your 'flexing'.

LaVergne better worry about BOTH backs though because as a team they are VERY strong. Will be good practice for stuffing Smyrna later on.

I have the utmost respect for Coach Hester. If anyone can move mountains, this guy can do it. For the last 2 yrs, we had Lavergne on the ropes and then allowed them to take the game from us. I hope these Patriots remember that feeling of having candy snatched away from them and finish 4 Q's of football. We know what it is like to play freshmen and sophs against Srs....no matter how athletic they are....they make soph mistakes. That comes with game experience and correcting mistakes. I hope we come out with intensity and remember how we almost lost last week to CC...and right some of our wrongs.

I just want to know if all the holes in the field have ever been filled? There were some that could swallow a Volkswagon!

Rutherford County should be ashamed the way they have NOT funded LaVergne the way they have other schools.

Is the visitor seating still little more than for the visiting band?

While LaVergne is rebuilding this year, I 'think' it may be the year they FINALLY take Smyrna! Yes I know they are playing Oakland this week and it will probably be a good game. 'If' Precious played like he did against R'dale he could have a LARGE night. Precious concentrate of hitting the line strong and let that be your 'flexing'.

LaVergne better worry about BOTH backs though because as a team they are VERY strong. Will be good practice for stuffing Smyrna later on.

La Vergne's field is in great condition /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> They do a great job on it considering every week there is a middle school game, freshman or jv football and soccer games played on it.

Yes you are right La Vergne does not get handouts like some of the other schools in the county.

Smyrna's stadium is the same size by the way.

I agree that folk need to get off the coaches or pick up a whistle.

The problem last year was turnovers. We had seven last year, but I think this team has a handle on that.