TENNESSEE VIKINGS

THSVIKINGS11

I think he was out there for a while on Friday. He needs the ball more with his speed. Spread the love and it will help Shepard tremendously. Shepard will be lucky to break 1,000 yards in the regular season unless they spread it out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree. It would be nice to establish another true scoring threat to take some pressure off Keenen and the O line. Wilson has speed and size but can he play, can he catch, can he hit? We don??™t really know because it doesn??™t seem like he has had much opportunity to prove himself one way or the other??¦at least in a game time situation. I remember that the one pass thrown to him was late and under thrown and ended up being an interception. One of the very few bad balls the TH threw all night. Wilson actually ran past the defender and was standing in the end zone before the pass was even thrown. And I have to mention that there were several good passed dropped by other receivers. One was an easy six!!! But I didn??™t see Wilson after the interception.

What??™s your take on this Couchqb?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 Johnson County

29 Elizabethton

How??™s that for some TRUTH!!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

hey cap zaza90 team can't beat anyone this year.

I agree. It would be nice to establish another true scoring threat to take some pressure off Keenen and the O line. Wilson has speed and size but can he play, can he catch, can he hit? We don??™t really know because it doesn??™t seem like he has had much opportunity to prove himself one way or the other??¦at least in a game time situation. I remember that the one pass thrown to him was late and under thrown and ended up being an interception. One of the very few bad balls the TH threw all night. Wilson actually ran past the defender and was standing in the end zone before the pass was even thrown. And I have to mention that there were several good passed dropped by other receivers. One was an easy six!!! But I didn??™t see Wilson after the interception.

It is imperative the Vikings develop some more offensive threats. The QB change will help and the THS offense will get better as the season progresses. At this point, however, we have underachieved so far and I have to change my predicted MLC finish to SS first and THS and Betsy battling for second. East, JC, and North will battle for the last spot. In fact, even though it was a jamboree, I thought something was wrong that night at South. The Vikings just seem a little out of sorts so far. I can not speak to team chemistry and don't want to start a bunch of internal BS. But the truth is, some years are better than others from a team chemistry standpoint.

Wilson to me... is the best pure receiver THS has had in a long time. Very,very good route runner(I'm sure that was not taught by THS staff) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ..seems to have good hands when given the chance and of coarse great speed and size. Last year against North he hauled in a pretty corner route in back corner only be called back with a penalty. He made one great catch on a pass behind him on a slant route. I forget who that was against(Betsy i think). He needs to be the primary receiver on all pass plays in my opinion..just feed him the ball and i truly believe good things will happen..but he should be out there on almost every play not in for 1 or 2 out for 4 or 5. To me thats just not making the most out of your talent ..but there again he is a victim of the stubbs system run,run,run.

I hate to say this ..but if he were at south or DB he would be a star.. if you know what i mean. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It is imperative the Vikings develop some more offensive threats. The QB change will help and the THS offense will get better as the season progresses. At this point, however, we have underachieved so far and I have to change my predicted MLC finish to SS first and THS and Betsy battling for second. East, JC, and North will battle for the last spot. In fact, even though it was a jamboree, I thought something was wrong that night at South. The Vikings just seem a little out of sorts so far. I can not speak to team chemistry and don't want to start a bunch of internal BS. But the truth is, some years are better than others from a team chemistry standpoint.

This team reminds me a whole lot of last years team..at least the way we have started..lots of penalty's. lots of blown assinments..but the talent is there.. when we get our ducks in a row so to speak..geta couple people back on the O line.. we will be fine, we just need to hang in there for a couple weeks and just WIN know matter how ugly it might be until we start clicking and we will. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You actually think I care about that Johnson Co. Elizabethton final? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And when you talk about beating the above mentioned teams, its like the saying the pitiful beat the more pitiful, hehe!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think I can handle the truth pretty good considering the truth is the Vikings stink. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Why don't you take your pickup truck with the "3" sticker in the back window right underneath your gunrack and a Bud in the console and your 8 track tape player playing Free bird and roll down your window and let your Mullet or Rattail blow in the breeze and roll back to CLOD LAND where all good rednecks go..Now thats the truth WHOOOO!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I like to read these boards but have never replied to one of the post until now. I have been a viking fan for many years. I have no one playing at THS but I did for several years and I would like to say a few things about the fan base. I dont know if its like this at other schools because I havent been a part of another program but at Tenn high from my perspective the parents are just there to support their own kids. If their kids arent playing or doing well they really could care less about what the other players are doing. They dont support the team except for the glory of their own kids. I went through this for several years. If a player gets moved up from JV to varsity or freshman to varsity, the parents take it so personally that they will not even speak to the parents of the player moved up. They should be happy for this player and supporting but instead they take it out on the kids. I could go on and on with example after example but I wont. We will never have a good fan base until parents support all players and Im not just talking about football, I have seen it in all sports. Parent need to get over the fact that its not about them but about the kids and this is just a short period of their lives and that most of them will not go on and play in college or professionally. Its a team sport and there needs to be team support for all players.

The Vikings have a winning tradition and to win is expected. I too was disappointed in the fans at the East game. When they came out at half time I didnt even know it because no one even cheered. When East came out the whole visitors side stood up and cheered. In the second half the when the game was close, there was barely any noise on the Viking side. I really dont know what the answer is. These kids and coaches work hard and they need our support.

My thoughts on the players who dont play... that is the coaches decisions. Coaches play the players who are getting the job done at the time and if a player misses a few blocks or doesnt run the correct routes, or loafs doesnt deserve to play. Sometimes coaches have to make a statement by setting them on the bench for a while. We as fans dont know what is going on, so we need to stay out of it. Im sure Coach Stubbs wants to win more than anyone and he isnt going to set someone out who can help the team. Maybe there is a reason, and that is something that we need to leave alone. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I like to read these boards but have never replied to one of the post until now. I have been a viking fan for many years. I have no one playing at THS but I did for several years and I would like to say a few things about the fan base. I dont know if its like this at other schools because I havent been a part of another program but at Tenn high from my perspective the parents are just there to support their own kids. If their kids arent playing or doing well they really could care less about what the other players are doing. They dont support the team except for the glory of their own kids. I went through this for several years. If a player gets moved up from JV to varsity or freshman to varsity, the parents take it so personally that they will not even speak to the parents of the player moved up. They should be happy for this player and supporting but instead they take it out on the kids. I could go on and on with example after example but I wont. We will never have a good fan base until parents support all players and Im not just talking about football, I have seen it in all sports. Parent need to get over the fact that its not about them but about the kids and this is just a short period of their lives and that most of them will not go on and play in college or professionally. Its a team sport and there needs to be team support for all players.

The Vikings have a winning tradition and to win is expected. I too was disappointed in the fans at the East game. When they came out at half time I didnt even know it because no one even cheered. When East came out the whole visitors side stood up and cheered. In the second half the when the game was close, there was barely any noise on the Viking side. I really dont know what the answer is. These kids and coaches work hard and they need our support.

My thoughts on the players who dont play... that is the coaches decisions. Coaches play the players who are getting the job done at the time and if a player misses a few blocks or doesnt run the correct routes, or loafs doesnt deserve to play. Sometimes coaches have to make a statement by setting them on the bench for a while. We as fans dont know what is going on, so we need to stay out of it. Im sure Coach Stubbs wants to win more than anyone and he isnt going to set someone out who can help the team. Maybe there is a reason, and that is something that we need to leave alone. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

BINGO!!!...Great post !!Been through that myself with my son back in the mid 90's...jealousy ran rampant among parents of the players...and I,m sure things have not changed very much /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Why don't you take your pickup truck with the "3" sticker in the back window right underneath your gunrack and a Bud in the console and your 8 track tape player playing Free bird and roll down your window and let your Mullet or Rattail blow in the breeze and roll back to CLOD LAND where all good rednecks go..Now thats the truth WHOOOO!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thats right!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm proud to be one of them good rednecks and not one of them "funny boys" that walk the halls of Bristol high! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Pull up your britches and take them eyebrow rings out!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Thats right!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm proud to be one of them good rednecks and not one of them "funny boys" that walk the halls of Bristol high! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Pull up your britches and take them eyebrow rings out!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Last time I checked they were Tennessee High? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> but I don't know. maybe things have changed? Idiotic hick