TENNESSEE VIKINGS

THSVIKINGS11

Hey Cap. We didnt look too strong (players or play calling) on friday at all. What do you think the outcome will be in the VT game? I think THS will win but i know nothing about the Bearcats so I really dont know what to expect.

I think you will see the play calling get more intense as the season progresses. The old saying ???you only use what you need??? rings true at this point in the season. Many of these teams trade films and I would think a slight element of surprise can never hurt. Virginia High has three pretty good backs but Jones is still their man. He gave us fits last year but he didn??™t have much help. This year he has a little more help and their line is also bigger. But bottom line is that they haven??™t gone up against a stout D like the Vikings and if we put the hammer down early they will more than likely lay down by halftime.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will see the play calling get more intense as the season progresses. The old saying ???you only use what you need??? rings true at this point in the season. Many of these teams trade films and I would think a slight element of surprise can never hurt. Virginia High has three pretty good backs but Jones is still their man. He gave us fits last year but he didn??™t have much help. This year he has a little more help and their line is also bigger. But bottom line is that they haven??™t gone up against a stout D like the Vikings and if we put the hammer down early they will more than likely lay down by halftime.

True... Stubbs does,nt care about blowouts , just (W)s

Wilson to me... is the best pure receiver THS has had in a long time. Very,very good route runner(I'm sure that was not taught by THS staff) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ..seems to have good hands when given the chance and of coarse great speed and size. Last year against North he hauled in a pretty corner route in back corner only be called back with a penalty. He made one great catch on a pass behind him on a slant route. I forget who that was against(Betsy i think). He needs to be the primary receiver on all pass plays in my opinion..just feed him the ball and i truly believe good things will happen..but he should be out there on almost every play not in for 1 or 2 out for 4 or 5. To me thats just not making the most out of your talent ..but there again he is a victim of the stubbs system run,run,run.

I hate to say this ..but if he were at south or DB he would be a star.. if you know what i mean. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I agree totally on ALL parts!!!!! That??™s why I was curious as to if he was 100%. But then you have to stop and think??¦Wilson has been the top receiver candidate for the last two years IMO (for the reasons you listed in your post) but has never truly been utilized. THERE IS NO DEFENSIVE BACK IN THIS REGION THAT CAN RUN WITH HIM!!! PUT HIM IN and just throw it up!!! In 05??™ we did this with Shaud Johnson and NOBODY could stop it!!! Wilson is probably faster and there are no Cody Sensabaughs??™ in the secondaries now...at least not on the teams that we will play. Remember TEAM FIRST??¦then take care of ya buddies! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Wilson should be playing on both sides of the ball this year. It don??™t take much coaching when you have a kid that is as blessed as he seems to be. If we don??™t pump up our receivers AND especially our secondary (and I know I sound like a broken record with this BUT) SOUTH WILL EAT US ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I have said my peace and hopefully made a point I will get off my soap box. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I agree totally on ALL parts!!!!! That??™s why I was curious as to if he was 100%. But then you have to stop and think??¦Wilson has been the top receiver candidate for the last two years IMO (for the reasons you listed in your post) but has never truly been utilized. THERE IS NO DEFENSIVE BACK IN THIS REGION THAT CAN RUN WITH HIM!!! PUT HIM IN and just throw it up!!! In 05??™ we did this with Shaud Johnson and NOBODY could stop it!!! Wilson is probably faster and there are no Cody Sensabaughs??™ in the secondaries now...at least not on the teams that we will play. Remember TEAM FIRST??¦then take care of ya buddies! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Wilson should be playing on both sides of the ball this year. It don??™t take much coaching when you have a kid that is as blessed as he seems to be. If we don??™t pump up our receivers AND especially our secondary (and I know I sound like a broken record with this BUT) SOUTH WILL EAT US ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I have said my peace and hopefully made a point I will get off my soap box. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I agree Cap ...Thank you..And I also hate that stupid 8-10 yrd cushion we give all night..thats not defense thats just hoping the other team screws up /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> . Get in somebody's face for pete sake...make them MAKE a play don,t givem 10 yrd anytime they want it. But hey wacha gonna do /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I agree Cap ...Thank you..And I also hate that stupid 8-10 yrd cushion we give all night..thats not defense thats just hoping the other team screws up /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> . Get in somebody's face for pete sake...make them MAKE a play don,t givem 10 yrd anytime they want it. But hey wacha gonna do /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

BIG game tonight!!! I go to church with MANY Virginia High parents and a couple of the key players and they are talking SMACK! I??™m not talking the ???we are going to beat you this year??? stuff??¦they truly think they are going to embarrass us this year because they are under the impression (by the score) that we struggled with East. This will be another big game for our linebacking crew??¦.containment, containment, containment. If they think assignment first, and the down line can keep them freed up to make a quick read we will dominate these (I have named the ones at my church) BIG HEADS!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> This game will determine whether or not I will be able to go to church this Sunday (just a joke??¦don??™t get excited) so lets take um OUT!! I look for Taylor and Keenen to have a big game this week! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One more note...I you haven't filled up with gas today you better get-r-done!!! Some places are running out.

"Border battle" classic between Funny Boy North and Funny Boy South! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

By the way CQ??¦I meant to say that I agree totally about the secondary but that argument has fallen on deaf ears for three years, so I give up. It seems we are content with putting all the stress on teaching coverage schemes rather than teaching coverage technique. One of the reasons is the fear of not being able to match most teams with speed. I say again??¦Darryl Wilson. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I was going to put that in my last post but got so excited about the game that I forgot too!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

"Border battle" classic between Funny Boy North and Funny Boy South! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

OK??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦..I??™ll bite. Who are the ???funny boys??? you are referring too? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Ok....well from what i heard...this game wsa close for a while. But I wasnt able wto make it so let me hear what the Vikings did tonight! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The Vikings didnt do Terrific but they "took a step" according to coach stubbs.

Keenan Sheppard had 3 rushing touchdowns. 1 was a amazing 73-yard run. And Bradley Talman had a 2-yarder in 2nd quarter.

on defense #2 Junior John Turnball had an Interception, and a fumble recovery. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Carlos Howard had a fumble recovery on the kickoff during the 2nd qurter.

Thats all i no of for right now